Thread: Triathlon training page

Miguelinileugim is offline Senior Member

Question Triathlon training

Well, I was, ahem... "training" someone to do a triathlon, 42 years old, relatively thin and not very fit. Being triathlon an endurance sport I was wondering what kind of exercises could someone do, as sprints and lot-intensity-training is probably not ideal.

Thanks

workinprogress is offline Senior Member
    If they are serious about doing a Triathlon, follow any triathlon training program. There are lots of books out there. No need to reinvent the wheel. That being said, unless a triathlon has been a lifelong goal for them, there are better ways to get into shape.

Miguelinileugim is offline Senior Member
    Yes, but how many books are there about triathloning primally?

workinprogress is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Considering a tri is swim, bike, run. I can only assume you are asking about diet. If I wanted to do a triathlon, I would just pick a book on training for a tri, and ignore the nutrition section. I would continue to follow primal, and or follow The Paleo Diet for Athletes. Ultimately he will have to do lots of swimming, biking, and running, whether its primal or not.
    I have never done a triathlon, but did train for the Tough Mudder. I ran with lots of pushups and pullups. Most of those I talked with at the race did Crossfit, P90X, and Insanity.