Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Developing meat allergies on Paleo. page

donnie86 is offline Junior Member

Developing meat allergies on Paleo.

Primal Fuel
    I went paleo about 6 months ago. The pain in my knees went away and I generally started feeling a lot better. I eventually cut out all dairy, grains, chocolate and nuts. I reintroduced the nuts and felt a distinct immune reaction so have kept them out. I then had some dairy and WOW was I allergic! I was throwing up everywhere and my throat itched. I tried it twice to make sure the dairy wasnt off, and had the same result. I tried some fish and reacted way more than normal (ive been intolerant of seafood all my life but thought id test it.) I tried some grains and the reaction wasnt too bad, just not pleasant. But now, something terrible has happened, and i dont now whether it was from overeating it, but i am now allergic to beef! I find that bizarre and i dont know what to do as it greatly limits what i can eat and also makes me question if this is diet is doing more damage than good. Shouldn't i be healing and be more tolerant of these foods? I find i am now less tolerant of foods which is a terrible result. Will i be allergic to pork and lamb soon too if i keep eating it? Im doing all the right gut healing stuff: probitics, kefir, enzymes, hcl etc. Something ive also noticed is that bananas give me pretty bad stomach aches. I eat more bananas now that im off grains. Im so confused as i have so many varied symptoms. Im wondering if one particualr food is at the core of my problems and ruining my gut for everything.
    Last edited by donnie86; 05-26-2013 at 10:01 PM.

juliekaboolie is offline Junior Member
    I totally understand. I've had an increase in allergies to foods in the last year, but I really don't blame my diet. Why? Well, I think that all of the years I've suffered from chronic stress has created a perfect storm, and my immune system is attacking things that cause inflammation. My suggestion would be to go in for allergy testing and possibly allergy shots. In the meantime, do your best to eat grass-fed and pastured meats. That's all you can do! Try not to over-eat one food...mix up your meats/veggies/fruits so you don't saturate your system. Best wishes to you!! I'm very sorry for what you are going through!

Do you think maybe it has something to do with the hcl, digestive enzymes, probiotics etc that i just started taking? My beef allergy just started and i started those supps about 2 weeks ago? Perhaps they are somehow affecting it? But then why am i reacting so bad do dairy, nuts etc which occured before taking those supps. It just seems so strange and upsetting. I honestly feel better just eating processed biscuits and such. I dont feel healthy but atleast i dont react to things

Note: i also just cut out at bananas (and limited fruit), started to feel better for day or so and thought bananas/fructose might be an issue and then the beef allergy came like a storm. Who knows.....
    Last edited by donnie86; 05-27-2013 at 12:31 AM.

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Is it possible to be allergic to meat or vegetables??

From an evolutionary perspective I would think those people would have adapted or died about a million years ago.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    are you practising a bit of selective reasoning here? isn't it more likely to be an expression of the CFS than allergies. It might be your body doesn't react well to change
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    I once occasionally drove around an older lady who was practically a shut-in due to her allergies, as they ran the gamut from foods and spices to perfumes and household chemicals. She was the one who taught me about not being able to eat meat raised on grains, as she was allergic to several and always reacted to conventional meat in the exact same way she reacted as if she had eaten the grain itself. I had never heard of such a thing before. Might be happening in your case - just an idea.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Quote Originally Posted by CarbDodger View Post
    are you practising a bit of selective reasoning here? isn't it more likely to be an expression of the CFS than allergies. It might be your body doesn't react well to change
    Im really not sure. You could be right in that its an expression of the cfs but i think the cfs is definitely related to my gut and the food im eating. It could be a good thing: i.e. my body is going through a painful change, but after so long on this diet and with these intolerance getting worse, i find that very hard to believe. Maybe im just eating too much meat and need to relax a little. Perhaps go on a fast for awhile and eat a little less. I was obviously eating way more meat than usual on this diet and perhaps that can have negative effects for someone in my condition.

Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    Is it possible to be allergic to meat or vegetables??

From an evolutionary perspective I would think those people would have adapted or died about a million years ago.
    People can have allergies or reactions to all sorts of things. Shrimp is another big one. But generally I tend to think that there's something wrong with the persons digestion if so many foods cause bad reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    People can have allergies or reactions to all sorts of things. Shrimp is another big one. But generally I tend to think that there's something wrong with the persons digestion if so many foods cause bad reactions.
    I agree. I dont think developing a beef allergy makes much sense. I think there is something else at play.

Ive had cfs for 16 years and would try all sorts of different things. I found a "default protocol" when things i tried got bad and i had to get back to being able to function. It was basically: 3 x wpi protein shakes for a day or 2. Then raw, whole fruit and late nuts. With that I got my protein, carbs and fats and id stick with it until i found something new. I didnt feel great or normal, but i could at least function as it addressed many issues/symptoms

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    A few people are allergic to beef. I would say that if you are allergic to so many things you probably have leaky gut. You probably need some time to heal that and then reintroduce those foods.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast