Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Ground Beef Recipe? page

kimmie is offline Senior Member

Favorite Ground Beef Recipe?

My 1/4 grassfed cow just arrived so I've got LOTS of ground beef. Any ideas what to do with it besides hamburgers?

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    Bolognese sauce? Eggplant lasagna or moussaka? Ground beef + sausage + bacon + sauerkraut soup?

mayness is offline Senior Member
    Shepherd's pie with pureed cauliflower instead of potatoes, chili, curry, meatballs, taco salad, stuffed cabbage (without rice obviously), soups...

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Chilli, lots of chilli. I love making crockpot chilli in the morning and having it waiting when I get home. And I garnish it with yoghurt for extra awesomeness.

Or you can make a curry with it. If you have a curry that uses beef strips you can use ground beef instead.

If you still eat potatoe you can make shepherd's pie with it. Or you can try and make a shepherds pie without potato (if you find a good alternative let me know).

You can make a lot of meatzas.

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mayness View Post
    Shepherd's pie with pureed cauliflower instead of potatoes, chili, curry, meatballs, taco salad, stuffed cabbage (without rice obviously), soups...
    It seems you are prescient. Pureed cauliflower is a great idea.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Curry! I make a mean ground beef curry with a pound of high-fat ground beef, a half cup or so of toasted pine nuts (I toast them in the skillet before I put anything else in there and then pull them out to add back at the end), a big tablespoon of coconut oil, four cloves of fresh garlic and a peeled minced knob of fresh ginger, liberal tablespoons of garam masala and curry powder, liberal teaspoons of cumin, red pepper flake, and ground black pepper, a couple of onions, and a seeded tomato or so. (And as I'm one of Those Dairy Eaters, I also stir in a big spoonful or two of sour cream right when I take it off the heat, to kind of cut the heat from the red pepper flake a bit, because I'm a wuss.) Always comes out awesome.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

MightyMite is offline Member
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d-beef-recipes

Here's a link to another thread on ground beef recipes where I posted a Thai Ground Beef Salad recipe (more like lettuce wraps than a salad really).

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    love me some taco meat. butter, lil bit of coconut milk, tomato paste (or fresh tomatos) Cumin, garlic and LOTS of crushed red pepper. Ill have this over a big arse salad with avacado. Sour cream and cheddar if I want, tho i feel better afterwards without the dairy

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    MEATLOAF....................................LARGE AMOUNTS OF MEATLOAF.....try making homemade ketchup too!

TriCiCi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Spaghetti squash w/meat sauce. I'm also voting for meatza. Those are my 2 biggies for ground beef.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast