Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lucid Dreams page 3

Wulf is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    That doesn't take the fun out of dreaming? My best dreams are things that my conscious mind would probably never even imagine to think to want to dream, but they were all like, life-altering and mythic.
    To me lucid dreaming is much more fun than regular dreaming, because you can direct, control, and do whatever you want, instead of having no say in the plot.

I've done lucid dreaming a few times, not too often; you just have to realize you are in a dream and decide to do what you want to do - I'm very independent and stubborn so this comes naturally...

Interestingly, I've never had a cigarette in real life, but have smoked several times in my dreams.
    Natural products super cheap @ iherb: Use discount code SEN850 at http://www.iherb.com/?rcode=sen850 for $10 off first order; free shipping $20+ order in USA

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    That doesn't take the fun out of dreaming? My best dreams are things that my conscious mind would probably never even imagine to think to want to dream, but they were all like, life-altering and mythic.
    For a life long gamer, lucid dreams are the pinnacle. Better graphics than any video game and you are the director!
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

jaczor is offline Member
    I've had them, but not on purpose, I just realized I was dreaming by accident (it doesn't happen often).

It is truly awesome, flying, doing crazy stuff and I haven't seen it mentioned here, but the sexual fantasies you can have are unreal too.

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    I actually have these quite often. My problem is I realize it and then it's a race to do cool stuff before I wake up. I try to make things materialize, I fly, whatever. It's hard to describe but it usually starts with me questioning whether I'm dreaming. There is really no verification, the question itself is what does it. Then the fun begins...
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalHunter View Post
    Yeah, I'm not really sure what to ask because I don't know what I don't understand.
    Ok

This is what I don't get. Until I heard about lucid dreaming, I wasn't even aware that we're usually not conscious of dreaming.
    Ok, this is the bit of what you say gets confusing for me.....
    Perhaps EVERY dream you have is lucid so you don't know what a non-lucid dream is to compare it to (I have heard people are like this - though it's rare). But your other responses don't match this suggestion (other wise you would say something like "what do you mean your not consciously aware you're dreaming in most the dreams - I'm ALWAYS consciously aware that I'm dreaming...I thought everyone was like this" - or something like that

Why does it matter? Why is being conscious that you're dreaming you're flying so different from just dreaming you're flying?
    In "normal dreams" stuff just happens to you and around you - you can't control it (much or consciously).
    If you in a bad dream, you are having a horrible time and generally can't change the situation in the dream or cant often force a wake up to stop the horrible time (if you had more control than that why would you put yourself through a horrible situation - sane people don't willing do that in waking life - why CHOOSE to do that in a dream ????) .

Having said that......you now realize you're dreaming and in that dream it's ordinary/boring 'life' such as being at work or at school at your desk (you do stuff you are expected to do - your work and keep doing the boring task), but you just realized you're dreaming....so DECIDE to you fly out the window up to the clouds, then DECIDE to fly to the ground and into/though the earth to the other side of the world, on the other over side of the earth you fly out of the mouth of a massive exposing volcano with glowing red lava everywhere, the propelled lava turns in a huge wave that you body-surf for miles bringing you to a fantastic location, where you DECIDE what fun adventure to do next.......or in that DREAM you can just continue doing your boring paper work in your job, maybe tidy your desk and be annoyed by office politics (if that type of stuff 'floats your boat').

Basically if you don't realize you're dreaming you keep doing ordinary/boring stuff you were doing, and some strange things happen around you but go with the flow like it a normal day (you realize they're strange upon waking - but no clearly when dreaming it). When you realize you're dreaming then you can do ANYTHING - only limited by your imagination and experience - which is more fun?)

As far as I can tell, my dreams are never very clear at all. Certainly not like in Inception where they have color, sound, touch, plot, etc.
    OK so you probably haven't lucid dreamed - but as i said lucid dream can be blurry too.
    Sometimes lucid dreams are much clearer than the movie inception - or any movie (though it sounds strange or impossible). Some make movies seem quite limited - it's like no movie you ever seen/felt in real life.

That's what I've heard, but I don't understand why that's a big deal. It doesn't really matter if I'm just daydreaming or I'm daydreaming while thinking "Hey, I'm daydreaming!" Why is awareness so important in actual dreams?
    If you can day-dream to absolute clarity and absolute control then you have achieved the same result I would say (though is this day dreaming look as least as clear as a movie?). If you can do this at will, then I would think movies are useless to you (quite lame in comparison), as are fiction books or any other form of mind entertainment (except to give new ideas for day dreams I guess). Can you do this at will - Super detail, super control, appearing more real than life? (if so, then lucky you ) You don’t see that this level of self controlled hallucination could be enjoyable/relaxing/fun/entertaining?

Another way to look at it : don’t you find it interesting in waking/real life we are self aware conscious?
    You don’t see that as fantastic? You don’t see positive opportunities with consciousness (there are negatives too). A machine/computer doesn’t do that and plants don't either (as far as I can tell) . As a now conscious being, would you choose to be a living but non-conscious being?

Oh, I didn't know that. I thought they were always super detailed.
    So is it more about the quality of the dream, rather than the fact that you're conscious? Would a super clear non-lucid dream be really cool too?
    No not always superclear - can be blurred, clear, super-clear and more real than life, it can vary in clarity during the dream too.
    Clarity, quality (interesting/fun) and consciousness are all good (if you get all three at once )
    Yes for sure, a super-clear non lucid dream would be cool too – unless it's a bad dream

Yes I have, but it's been more like watching a scary movie (scary even though you know it's not real), or being so out of it that even blurry images are scary.
    OK, but watching a scarey/horror/thriller movie can be fun for some people -though that's a bit different.

If you are being chased by perhaps a faceless person in a bad dream (with perceived intent of serious harm to you) – surely this is not fun to you (so why do choose to dream these horrible experiences – answer is we don't consciously choose to, they just happen from our subconscious).
    Note if you become conscious whilst dreaming then you can face and confront this attacker – the attacker losses all power.

If you know it's not real and a dream then you are at least partially lucid - why not exploit this lucidity and actually think whilst dreaming (like you are now) and turn it in to an adventure.

That sounds cool, but it seems like the cool part is that the dreams are super clear, while being conscious doesn't have much to do with it. Why aren't they called vivid dreams instead of lucid dreams? That would be a lot easier to understand.
    Lucid dreams is where conscious/thinking mind is lucid (you are lucid right now meaning conscious/thinking but the screen and room may not be clear/vivid if your eyesight is poor.
    Lucid dream are cool/fun because they are conscious.
    IF you could right now (whilst awake) jump up and float around the ceiling and through walls and up through the roof and look down to the street etc etc (would you think that's kind of dull/boring - not do that now and instead keep reading this forum.....).

It's possible that I'm in the matrix, but I've never had a dream that felt a tenth of a percent as real as what I'm feeling now.
    Yes that is true

It's a good way to make a dream lucid occur – during the day in waking life question is this vivid imagery is just a dream – do that often enough (along with reality checks) and you may do it in a dream and realize you're dreaming.

From my BASIC understanding brain/mind perception in the real/waking reality we see/feel is like active 'dream' in the brain – a working model of perception of the current stimuli (from sight/sound/touch/smell/taste and previous experiences). We take these waking stimuli we get every second and past experiences and make a audio/visual hallucination/model in our brain/mind to try match the inputs we are getting (this is what we see/feel/think is 'reality').

Sorry for the long (and sometimes weird) post.....
    Last edited by EatMoveSleep; 05-31-2013 at 09:33 PM.

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsToon View Post
    I have used his "Stop, Drop, and Roll" technique to conk out to sleep on a regular basis, and his whole method for tricking the body into thinking the brain is asleep, has led to some really awesome "wake into lucid dream" or "WILD" experiences.
    OK.
    Do you find the entry in to "WILD" a bit weird?
    By weird I mean strange/unsettling audio/visual hallucinations.
    The 'noises' often 'machine noises' and 'buzzing' etc can get seriously 'loud' - yes they are hallucinations but the perception is as if they are real. Other sensations is very heavy "lead blanket" feelings, vibrations, shaking, visual lighting and sparks/flashes....some weird stuff.....feels like it goes on for minutes....

Often 4:30am 'accidental' WILD is a very quick entry (eg after getting up for a drink of water and returning to bed/sleep)......two seconds of a buzzing "zoom" noise and you're lucid dreaming, or lift yourself 'out of your body' - these glitches in the brain can create amazing 'perceptions'.

Some people report VERY scary sounds and images during the entry (or exist) phase.

PBNewby is offline Senior Member
    Although I have never really been a practitioner of lucid dreaming, I have always wanted to be able to realize I am dreaming so that I can take control of the dream.

For me, it seems that I wake up at the instant in realize I am dreaming. Making the lucid part very very short.

Last week, I was finally able to realize I was in a dream and not wake up. I decided to try and fly. I took off running and jumped into the air, only to fall flat on my face!
    Began Primal Living: 25 Sep 2012
    Starting Weight: 82kg (180 lbs) - Lost 30 lbs since going Primal!

"I do not eat enough carbs to justify eating low-fat."
    "Have some bread with your bread, pasta, bread, and HFCS." - Unicorn
    "I also walk my dog twice a day now instead of paying someone else to do it." - IronGirl
    "Tell me you're not weak minded enough to be outsmarted by a donut?" - not on the rug

Jefferson1775 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EatMoveSleep View Post
    OK.
    Do you find the entry in to "WILD" a bit weird?
    By weird I mean strange/unsettling audio/visual hallucinations.
    The 'noises' often 'machine noises' and 'buzzing' etc can get seriously 'loud' - yes they are hallucinations but the perception is as if they are real. Other sensations is very heavy "lead blanket" feelings, vibrations, shaking, visual lighting and sparks/flashes....some weird stuff.....feels like it goes on for minutes....

Often 4:30am 'accidental' WILD is a very quick entry (eg after getting up for a drink of water and returning to bed/sleep)......two seconds of a buzzing "zoom" noise and you're lucid dreaming, or lift yourself 'out of your body' - these glitches in the brain can create amazing 'perceptions'.

Some people report VERY scary sounds and images during the entry (or exist) phase.
    I'm actually thinking about trying something like the WILD method. I need to do some more research on the specifics, though (what time to wake up, how long to stay awake, how to go back to sleep, etc).
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    I ordered some Lucid Dreamer from Dreamamins for a laugh (Got stung for 14 by customs too, bastards) and it's awesome.

I had HDR, 1080p dreams last night. Not lucid, but incredible nonetheless.

People in the states should get all over this stuff

PrimalHunter is offline Senior Member
    EatMoveSleep, thanks, this is helpful.

IF you could right now (whilst awake) jump up and float around the ceiling and through walls and up through the roof and look down to the street etc etc (would you think that's kind of dull/boring - not do that now and instead keep reading this forum.....).
    That would be amazing, but that's because this is reality. Doing it in a normal dream would be nothing special for me, like watching it on an ATARI 2600 with a blurry black & white monitor. If doing it in a lucid dream would be even close to reality, then I totally get it.

It's a good way to make a dream lucid occur during the day in waking life question is this vivid imagery is just a dream do that often enough (along with reality checks) and you may do it in a dream and realize you're dreaming.
    I do reality checks when I remember to. When I look in a mirror, I make sure that the right things are being reflected. When I look at a clock or text, I look away and then back, to see if it changed. I do this even though I can clearly see that this is not a dream, but I figure maybe I'll subconsciously try it when dreaming. I don't know if my dreams have mirrors and clocks though.
    "Don't go in there, General, it's a trap! That's a grain chamber. It makes people like you into people like me."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast