Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Freedom Through Primal Living!

Freedom Through Primal Living!

Shop Now
    This is wonderful to have a place to record my journey (for accountability and feedback).
    I am hoping that the Primal Life will improve a few areas of my life:
    1. Emotional Eating
    The short version of the story is this: I have struggled with emotional eating since my early 20’s (probably earlier than that, but I never recognized it as a problem until then). I have done extensive psychological work (through therapy, books, journaling….) and have made great improvement.
    I’ve been dabbling with Primal eating for a month (on Day #7 in my Primal Journal) and LOVE the intuitive style of eating…LOVE, LOVE, LOVE not planning every morsel.
    (oh…I didn’t mention I’m a personal trainer [thanks for not judging the contradiction between my issues and my profession]. The conventional wisdom of 6 meals-a-day has lead me into nothing but more obsessive/unhealthy thoughts about food). So DONE with that!
    I love the idea of eating when I’m hungry – not by the clock.
    BTW, already seen a decrease in interest in “binge” foods or even that behavior – YEAH! I hope my journey will be able to help others who struggle.
    2. Balance Hormones
    At 18, I developed amenorrhea. College clinic doctor prescribed birth control. Get married, want to start a family…Extensive MRI’s, blood tests, fertility drugs and 10 years later I still have amenorrhea and 2 boys through the beauty of adoption. 

I do know that my body does react to a little bit of carbs with a lot of insulin….so…that darn carb. Count really matters to me.
    I hope to help others who are looking for help and I hope to learn a lot to better educate my own clients (so stoked for MDA personal trainer training course!!!!)
    Tomorrow, I will start logging my food!!!!

Day 3: trying keep carbs under 100.

ready for a great primal day!

Bf: protein smoothie: avocado spinach protein unsweetened cocoa

morning snack...raw veg and nuts

Lunch: tuna avocado, romaine lettuce

Afternoon: coffee blended with ice, unsweetened.cocoa, Stevie, 1/2 scoop protein

Dinner: chicken, veg, in Romain lettuce. Glass of wine with.friend to.celebrate her son's graduation.

1/2 wheat beer...honestly, sooooo shocked I actually didn't want all of it.

....is this part if that Primal Freedom from vices?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

I restart this journal as a 30 day effort of freedom from emotional eating. The last 30 days I've found freedom from the tug of weekday drinking.

Now, I focus on this cross in my life. I live to journal. It's always been therapeutic. Now, online, publicly I'm committing to a brutally honest approach. The isolation breeds Reliance on food to handle emotions. I'm reaching out.

Day 1

I think I may be going through a bit of depression...not just sadness. We buried a somewhat distant family member thus week. Typically, I don't absorb other's pain like this, but I'm assuming that is the initiation of these somewhat depressed feelings/behaviors.

Since May, I have been experiencing the positive, happy attitude and awesome energy from my primal lifestyle, not to mention a strong motivation to maintain three diet, sleeping, and exercise principles.

Well, after nearly 4 days of living only 50% primal, I'm not willing to back slide to my former life of fatigue and preoccupying thoughts of food. That's not freedom!

So today, I give myself permission to not have a "exercise" session, eat when hungry on food that give me life (primal) and ready from the face-paced mentality of life.

I'm a mom with a business, so I will absolutely honor my work commitments, house hold chores and be attentive to my family, but I will honor myself and know I'm trying my best. Essentially, I'll "rebuild" today with positive attitudes and behaviors..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

Day 1 continued:

A.m.shake: protein, pineapple spinach, avocado...ate/drank because I was hungry

Morning snack: after posting earlier, I needed a pick me up (having mute than my early morning coffee had been eliminated by eating primal until this week...grrrr!)

Had iced coffee, with coconut milk, a paleo bar and1/2 of my 6 year olds smoothie ..it was primal, but...

Like I said, coffee to wake up and the bar because it sounded good abd smoothie to but waste, my son was done.

After that, I felt the old upset stomach of a full stomach...yuk!

I decided to honor hunger the rest of the day instead of eating because food is "there". Now, 4 hours later, I feel good.

Mood had significantly improved.
    Feeling over the funk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PrimalFreedom View Post
    Mood had significantly improved.
    Feeling over the funk!!!
    Excellent.
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Excellent.
    Thanks for your support!

Day 1 – final entry
    Afternoon: had tuna salad (2 oz. greek full fat yog., ¼ avocado, tuna and salt) on balsamic vinaigrette covered raw cabbage –
    Why? Hungry
    Later while fixing dinner for family: had 5 oz. of pulled pork standing in kitchen.
    Why? Won’t get dinner as we are on our way to soccer and TRULY because I’m feeling rushed and stressed (RED FLAG)
    9 p.m. finally has “my” dinner: a salad with spinach, ¼ avocado, 3 oz. chicken thigh, sautéed veg.
    Why? Hungry – GREAT CHOICE
    10:30 before heading upstairs to bed with hubby “snuck” 1 banana, 8 choc. Chips, and 2 tb. Peanut butter
    Why? The thought of “now he’s gone, I can eat my ‘treat’” (RED FLAG – hate these!)
    So….
    What I learned:
    1. I tend to eat when I’m rushed/stressed (even having gum in my mouth). Not good.
    2. Standing and eating in my kitchen is a killer on my goals and my true enjoyment of food (not to mention guilt)
    3. The sneak eating at night is a reflection of hiding things/emotions from my husband (light bulb!)…that’s an eye – opener
    4. Isolation breeds disorder – I almost didn’t have the last “sneak” because I knew I would have to share in this forum. First time I realized that public support is going to be a key in this journey.

Day 2
    Taking what I learned from yesterday and planning today:
    1. Journal entries of food will be in this format
    FOOD (Why?_______)…WHERE
    i.e. 5 oz pulled pork (why? Stressed/rushed)…standing in kitchen
    I want to easily identify patterns.
    Today’s goals
    1. Log all food on my fitness pal
    2. No eating and standing in kitchen (have a bday party, but will take plate somewhere else)
    3. Do my food/feelings log here
    4. No gum…keeps me thinking I need to chew

Day 2 continued:
    Made mental notes of eating, not physical. Nor perfect, but LOTS OF WINDS: no eating while in kitchen, no birthday came at party, was verbal about feelings.

Update in goals:

1. Log all food on my fitness pal. 100%
    2.No eating and standing in kitchen (have a bday party, but will take plate somewhere else) 95%
    3.Do my food/feelings log here', done mentally
    4.No gum…keeps me thinking I need to chew 100%

Shop Now
    Keep on keeping on!