Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Freedom Through Primal Living! page

PrimalFreedom is offline Senior Member

Freedom Through Primal Living!

Shop Now
    This is wonderful to have a place to record my journey (for accountability and feedback).
    I am hoping that the Primal Life will improve a few areas of my life:
    1. Emotional Eating
    The short version of the story is this: I have struggled with emotional eating since my early 20’s (probably earlier than that, but I never recognized it as a problem until then). I have done extensive psychological work (through therapy, books, journaling….) and have made great improvement.
    I’ve been dabbling with Primal eating for a month (on Day #7 in my Primal Journal) and LOVE the intuitive style of eating…LOVE, LOVE, LOVE not planning every morsel.
    (oh…I didn’t mention I’m a personal trainer [thanks for not judging the contradiction between my issues and my profession]. The conventional wisdom of 6 meals-a-day has lead me into nothing but more obsessive/unhealthy thoughts about food). So DONE with that!
    I love the idea of eating when I’m hungry – not by the clock.
    BTW, already seen a decrease in interest in “binge” foods or even that behavior – YEAH! I hope my journey will be able to help others who struggle.
    2. Balance Hormones
    At 18, I developed amenorrhea. College clinic doctor prescribed birth control. Get married, want to start a family…Extensive MRI’s, blood tests, fertility drugs and 10 years later I still have amenorrhea and 2 boys through the beauty of adoption. 

I do know that my body does react to a little bit of carbs with a lot of insulin….so…that darn carb. Count really matters to me.
    I hope to help others who are looking for help and I hope to learn a lot to better educate my own clients (so stoked for MDA personal trainer training course!!!!)
    Tomorrow, I will start logging my food!!!!

Day 3: trying keep carbs under 100.

ready for a great primal day!

Bf: protein smoothie: avocado spinach protein unsweetened cocoa

morning snack...raw veg and nuts

Lunch: tuna avocado, romaine lettuce

Afternoon: coffee blended with ice, unsweetened.cocoa, Stevie, 1/2 scoop protein

Dinner: chicken, veg, in Romain lettuce. Glass of wine with.friend to.celebrate her son's graduation.

1/2 wheat beer...honestly, sooooo shocked I actually didn't want all of it.

....is this part if that Primal Freedom from vices?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

I restart this journal as a 30 day effort of freedom from emotional eating. The last 30 days I've found freedom from the tug of weekday drinking.

Now, I focus on this cross in my life. I live to journal. It's always been therapeutic. Now, online, publicly I'm committing to a brutally honest approach. The isolation breeds Reliance on food to handle emotions. I'm reaching out.

Day 1

I think I may be going through a bit of depression...not just sadness. We buried a somewhat distant family member thus week. Typically, I don't absorb other's pain like this, but I'm assuming that is the initiation of these somewhat depressed feelings/behaviors.

Since May, I have been experiencing the positive, happy attitude and awesome energy from my primal lifestyle, not to mention a strong motivation to maintain three diet, sleeping, and exercise principles.

Well, after nearly 4 days of living only 50% primal, I'm not willing to back slide to my former life of fatigue and preoccupying thoughts of food. That's not freedom!

So today, I give myself permission to not have a "exercise" session, eat when hungry on food that give me life (primal) and ready from the face-paced mentality of life.

I'm a mom with a business, so I will absolutely honor my work commitments, house hold chores and be attentive to my family, but I will honor myself and know I'm trying my best. Essentially, I'll "rebuild" today with positive attitudes and behaviors..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

Day 1 continued:

A.m.shake: protein, pineapple spinach, avocado...ate/drank because I was hungry

Morning snack: after posting earlier, I needed a pick me up (having mute than my early morning coffee had been eliminated by eating primal until this week...grrrr!)

Had iced coffee, with coconut milk, a paleo bar and1/2 of my 6 year olds smoothie ..it was primal, but...

Like I said, coffee to wake up and the bar because it sounded good abd smoothie to but waste, my son was done.

After that, I felt the old upset stomach of a full stomach...yuk!

I decided to honor hunger the rest of the day instead of eating because food is "there". Now, 4 hours later, I feel good.

Mood had significantly improved.
    Feeling over the funk!!!

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalFreedom View Post
    Mood had significantly improved.
    Feeling over the funk!!!
    Excellent.
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Excellent.
    Thanks for your support!

Day 1 – final entry
    Afternoon: had tuna salad (2 oz. greek full fat yog., ¼ avocado, tuna and salt) on balsamic vinaigrette covered raw cabbage –
    Why? Hungry
    Later while fixing dinner for family: had 5 oz. of pulled pork standing in kitchen.
    Why? Won’t get dinner as we are on our way to soccer and TRULY because I’m feeling rushed and stressed (RED FLAG)
    9 p.m. finally has “my” dinner: a salad with spinach, ¼ avocado, 3 oz. chicken thigh, sautéed veg.
    Why? Hungry – GREAT CHOICE
    10:30 before heading upstairs to bed with hubby “snuck” 1 banana, 8 choc. Chips, and 2 tb. Peanut butter
    Why? The thought of “now he’s gone, I can eat my ‘treat’” (RED FLAG – hate these!)
    So….
    What I learned:
    1. I tend to eat when I’m rushed/stressed (even having gum in my mouth). Not good.
    2. Standing and eating in my kitchen is a killer on my goals and my true enjoyment of food (not to mention guilt)
    3. The sneak eating at night is a reflection of hiding things/emotions from my husband (light bulb!)…that’s an eye – opener
    4. Isolation breeds disorder – I almost didn’t have the last “sneak” because I knew I would have to share in this forum. First time I realized that public support is going to be a key in this journey.

Day 2
    Taking what I learned from yesterday and planning today:
    1. Journal entries of food will be in this format
    FOOD (Why?_______)…WHERE
    i.e. 5 oz pulled pork (why? Stressed/rushed)…standing in kitchen
    I want to easily identify patterns.
    Today’s goals
    1. Log all food on my fitness pal
    2. No eating and standing in kitchen (have a bday party, but will take plate somewhere else)
    3. Do my food/feelings log here
    4. No gum…keeps me thinking I need to chew

Day 2 continued:
    Made mental notes of eating, not physical. Nor perfect, but LOTS OF WINDS: no eating while in kitchen, no birthday came at party, was verbal about feelings.

Update in goals:

1. Log all food on my fitness pal. 100%
    2.No eating and standing in kitchen (have a bday party, but will take plate somewhere else) 95%
    3.Do my food/feelings log here', done mentally
    4.No gum…keeps me thinking I need to chew 100%

Annieh is offline Senior Member

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast