Thread: hi, new, and question... page

sunnydahlia is offline Junior Member

hi, new, and question...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    hi all, i am curious about the Gaps, i have a friend who tells me about it all the time. However i am a little worried as i cannot handle red wine, aged cheeses, ripe bananas, storebought yogurt...

i think the histamines give me migraines.
    is this worth trying? my friend thinks the Gaps will heal whatever is the problem (malabsorption is a biggie) but i am concerned.

otherwise it looks like a great diet! i could skip the parts i don't like but it seems like so much is based the fermented stuff.
    vinegars, saurkrauts, etc... does one get used to them if they react?

thanks

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Its not histamines, its tyramine triggering the migraines. All the food you mention are high in tyramine and well known triggers. Read up on tyramine and avoid your triggers on any eating plan. Some people are just sensitive to it.
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

sharjeel is offline Junior Member
    Hello WELCOME to aboard

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Why not try primal first ( simple/limited food version) - from my basic understanding GAPS is like a super-limited paleo ( sort of - with heaps of fermented foods).

No need to take red wine or cheeses/dairy that you can't handle or don't want.

What do you mean by " storebought yogurt" ( plain full fat yogurt?? Not coloured/flavoured etc pretend yogurt).

React? What do you mean by this?

Just eliminate grains/legumes a processed foods - eat meats and veg you cook at home.
    If anything reacts badly then dont eat it.