Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Feeling hungry after eating 2 pieces of steak + brocolli/tomatoes page 2

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Ok, then. Read the book or the 101 section and THEN raid the kitchen for everything that is still considered food.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    At this point, to prevent orthorexia, yes. Eat the damn bread.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

EatMoveSleep is online now Senior Member
    You are 16 and growing - you need to eat!

Cutting back on eggs???? - why would you do something silly like that? Increase egg consumption.
    TChol will increase along with HDL.
    Chol is require to grow muscle, bones, tissue etc (you know grow like a 16yo should).

Your Tc is 200 - why did you know this number at the age of 16?
    Did your doctor suggest the cholesterol was high or bad? - Wrong your cholesterol/trig ratios are good.

How many eggs do you consume a week? (at least a dozen?).

Dont eat processed "foods" - eat real foods and do some exercise.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Cholesterol is also needed to grow testosterone. Ever wonder if it's a coincidence there are so many ads for lipitor, ED pills and low-T medication on TV every night?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

picklepete is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Cholesterol is also needed to grow testosterone. Ever wonder if it's a coincidence there are so many ads for lipitor, ED pills and low-T medication on TV every night?
    And CoQ10 supplements!
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    What kind of steaks? Make sure you are eating enough fat for energy. If the steaks are too lean that could be part of it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I stopped watching tv - got tired of sitting around watching/listening to them telling me what crap to eat and drink, what medications to take to get over the illnesses from sitting around eating/drinking that crap and finally what diet plan to use to loose weight caused by sitting around eating/drinking that crap and taking the medications.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Stuff your freaking face, mostly with meat. At least that works for me...

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Quote Originally Posted by sopnishwhite View Post
    Same thing is happening to me for a couple of weeks now. The only thing i skip is breakfast cause in the morning i don't have enough time to cook and all because of rushing to office. I make up for that by having a heavy lunch but still at around 4 or 5'o clock i start feeling hungry.What's the solution to this problem?
    Is this a serious question?
    Problem : Hungry
    Solution : Eat

Mikee5 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by kelvinsilva View Post
    Some backgroun info-
    I recently found out about this primal thing and it seems very interesting. I'm 16 and i weigh around 120~ lb. I am usually not very physically active but i manage to do the daily pushups/pullups and some light walking. I usually spend my time sitting at school or at home playing videogames etc.

Today i ate 0 grains, but i ate lots of meats and vegetables. After my meal I was pretty full and satisfied; however after 3-4 hrs i am feeling hungry (usually i can cope with hunger by skipping breakfast and lunch).

I still havent eaten yet since i can control myself being hungry and not eating stuff; would it be reccommened to eat a light snack?

Also if I have like 134 LDL (55HDL and 55Triglycerides), should I start exercising more or cutting back on my egg intake? Eat more vegetables?
    I have found that some users here are generally either pretty unhelpful, patronising or usually unwilling to provide sensible and productive advice. For an active forum, I don't sense a solid or united community. Primal is not universal and doesn't apply to a single rule, it is more about personalisation and individuality which explains why some advice irresponsibly posted here doesn't apply to every one. For example, you may have a recommendation from a user to increase fat and eat more, yet the next contradicting post stressing the importance of glucose and carbohydrates while suggesting limiting calorie intake for optimal weight loss. Do cardio, but don't do it. Lift but don't lift. Eat this and not that, starch intake should be moderated or avoided, eat berries but they'll inefficiently contribute to weight loss.

Before embarking on Primal/Paleo/Atkins/Keto you MUST thoroughly research and read books. I spent hours browsing dozens of forums, reading different experiences and trying to figure out what works best for me. I'm still in the process of finding that 'sweet spot'.

You're young and eliminating grains is fine, but forget ketosis or going very low carb like you have already done. It is dangerous and unsustainable for someone still developing. Eat vegetables, fruits, starches. 100-150g of carbs a day is probably best to avoid the SHIT feeling. Eat a huge salad, plenty of fruits, bake sweet potatoes! Enjoy your steak, cook it in butter and oil. Have some vegetables with it, or a salad. Have some cheese, greek yogurt, I like making LC ice cream with heavy cream, cocoa and some stevia. Cook a cheese omelette with bacon for breakfast with veggies. Have everything and give your body time. It will adjust and the appetite will suppress.

You're hungry because your body is crying out for carbs. During this initial phase, you should probably just eat. Don't worry about cals, eat vegetables, fruits, starches. Avoid refined sugar and processed stuff. Overtime your body will adapt and the appetite will decrease, I was eating like a whale when I started. I later realised the reason for this is because I had been restricting my body of everything for such an extensive period of time, I was at a healthy weight but very unhappy and malnourished because nothing was working.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast