Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Five 24-Hour Fasts in Five Days, Wish Me Luck! page

Jokaman70 is offline Senior Member

Wink Five 24-Hour Fasts in Five Days, Wish Me Luck!

Primal Fuel
    I've been stuck in the low-320's for a couple weeks now so it's time to shake things up. Back in 06', while on an ill-fated weight loss journey, I remember stalling out at around this weight...it appears as if that's happening again. I'm surprised that my body finds some sort of homeostasis at 320 pounds, but it seems to.

So, the plan: consume a hearty breakfast (~2000 calories: omega-3 eggs, cheese, bacon or sausage, coconut oil, and a multi-vitamin) and then fast until the following morning, sort of like the Warrior Diet, only in reverse. I plan to stay as busy/active as possible while I'm fasting, but my gouty toe's been acting up so my ability to hit the gym may be a little compromised.

I weighed myself yesterday @ 322 pounds, I hope to get down to 317.5 pounds by Friday and never see the 320's again. I've set my goal @ 317.5 pounds because that will bring me to 70 pounds lost since December 30th 09'. I won't be weighing myself in the meantime as I've been compulsive about it lately and I want to break that habit.

Anyways, I started this morning so I'm 1/2 way through day 1!
    I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

Lady Grok is offline Senior Member
    Wow! I will certainly follow your experience with interest. My one (debatably 24 hr) fast definitely seemed to shake things up for me, weight-wise. There was a suggestion that I chase my AM coffee with a spoonful of coconut oil- you may want to throw that in there on occasion, it definitely seems to rev my metabolism and keep any incidental hunger pangs at bay.

I've done this for 4 days before and it was a challenge, I think I can handle it though. It's only been 7 hours since my last meal and I'm already hungry. I'm heading to the gym now, I hope that will squash my appetite for the rest of the night.

I will be consuming green tea throughout the day. I know fasting purists will cringe at the idea of drinking something other than water during a fast but I don't care.
    I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

Helen in Oz is offline Senior Member
    Purists annoy the bejeebus outa me. Sometimes their objections are valid, and need to be considered, but sometimes compromise actually works. I can't see how there'd be any issues with green tea - no solids or sugars. Possibly watch the temperature, not too hot or too cold.

Maybe the lack of vegetable material will actually help your gout.

Good luck!

Me too, me too...

Well, chock up the first day as a failure. I had some hard boiled eggs sitting in the fridge and I couldn't stand to let them go bad (poor excuse). I ate 7 of them, lol.

Anyways, on to day 2!

MikeEnRegalia is offline Senior Member
    You can try something like the alternating day diet. It means that on one day you'll eat normally, and on the other day you'll only eat 20% of your normal caloric intake. My suggestion: On the odd days, have three protein shakes enhanced with coconut milk, plus the usual supplements (Omega-3, ideally in the form of cod liver oil capsules so you also get Vitamins A and D - you can also mix it up with palm oil).

Big Dave is offline Senior Member
    Good Luck!

I'm not sure I have the will power for that yet!
    Rangers Lead the Way, Hooah!

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Cripes, I can't imagine eating 2000 primal calories in one sitting :/ Good luck

Daemonized is online now Senior Member
    I'll wish you good luck as well. I drink tea too on fasting days (which is just about every day these days) for the record. I prefer to eat at night though because I don't care for going to bed hungry.

KXS
    KXS is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am not meaning to be critical just curious--why eat it all at one sitting? why not divide it into2 or 3 meals?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast