Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone done "Simple Paleo" for weight loss? page

Momto3 is offline Senior Member

Has anyone done "Simple Paleo" for weight loss?

Shop Now
    The Simple Paleo idea is based on the food reward system researched by Stephan Guyenet. I found it in Chris Kresser's High Cholesterol Action Plan and he also talked about it recently in a talk in the SexyBack summit.

The basic idea is to eat bland, plain and simple. To not add fat to the meal, but not to avoid fatty food like avocado, steak, etc. It would mean no butter on veggies, etc. Also, to get salt in the diet, to put it in your water in the morning, not on your food.

The idea is to lower your body fat set point by spontaneously lowering calories even though your body doesn't realize it because you are not hungry, not desiring the palatable foods.

Just curious if anyone has tried this idea out.
    Favorite Mark Quote: "I train to play."

June 2010: 168.6 -size 16
    Current: 146.8 - size 10/12
    Goal:135 - size 8

My Journal

jammies is offline Senior Member
    This sounds similar to the food reward technique that was floating around the forum a few weeks (months?) ago. If you try searching on food reward you might find some threads you are interested in.

Good luck!
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Has anyone tried normal Paleo for weight loss?

Like, seriously?

I've been primal for 3 years and have lost 30lbs. So please, spare me your unhelpful comments.

My Journal

Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    This sounds similar to the food reward technique that was floating around the forum a few weeks (months?) ago. If you try searching on food reward you might find some threads you are interested in.

Good luck!
    Thanks.

My Journal

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryKiwi47 View Post
    Has anyone tried normal Paleo for weight loss?

Like, seriously?
    I tried to lose weight from Cordain's original Paleo Diet book. It was too low in fat and I couldn't stick with it.

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Momto3 View Post
    I've been primal for 3 years and have lost 30lbs. So please, spare me your unhelpful comments.
    It was a legit question. Congrats, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I tried to lose weight from Cordain's original Paleo Diet book. It was too low in fat and I couldn't stick with it.
    I've only read that once, and it was more of a skim-read. Did seem fairly boring.

Thanks for explaining.

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    If I drop too low in calories I stop losing weight. But I also don't add butter to foods unless needed for cooking and add just enough salt for what I need for intake but don't really notice it for flavor. If someone was struggling to stop overeating, the idea might work.

ilovesteak is offline Senior Member
    "IF" kinda has the same effect if done properly. By slowly decreasing your meal frequency to ultimately consisting of one meal a day, your calorie intake will naturally decrease and your fat burning becomes elevated. All the while eating delicious food in that one daily meal. No reason to ingest boring, bland food. Life's too short, IMHO.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryKiwi47 View Post
    I've only read that once, and it was more of a skim-read. Did seem fairly boring.

Thanks for explaining.
    The way Cordain explained it, ancient wild game was very lean and had a fat profile very different from meat available in the modern world. He also seemed to be under the impression that ancestral humans went out of their way to avoid fat. So he recommended lean cuts of meat, trimmed to remove all visible fat. No dairy, so no butter. But to provide the correct balance of fatty acids, he thought we should buy perilla oil imported from Korea. Um, like Grok did?

The whole thing sounded to me contrived so as to attempt to gain acceptance with the fat-phobic medical community. Of course that didn't happen. Since then Cordain has eased off on avoiding fat.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast