Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone done "Simple Paleo" for weight loss? page 3

diene is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Looks interesting, but probably not sustainable for me. I like food too much, especially food with lots of spices and different, complex flavors. I think life would not be worth living if I couldn't eat good food.

Not sure if you've seen this (anecdotal evidence from 2 people who have tried it): Whole Health Source: Losing Fat With Simple Food-- Two Reader Anecdotes

This thread has reminded me that I need to get my free T3 and T4 tested. I hate how they don't include that in standard tests. What's the point of testing TSH levels without free T3 and T4?

Momto3 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by serenity View Post
    Looks interesting, but probably not sustainable for me. I like food too much, especially food with lots of spices and different, complex flavors. I think life would not be worth living if I couldn't eat good food.

Not sure if you've seen this (anecdotal evidence from 2 people who have tried it): Whole Health Source: Losing Fat With Simple Food-- Two Reader Anecdotes

This thread has reminded me that I need to get my free T3 and T4 tested. I hate how they don't include that in standard tests. What's the point of testing TSH levels without free T3 and T4?
    Yes. I saw that article. Thanks. I hear you on the thyroid test. For just TSH is $40, but to get all the others tested it goes to $149-$220. Geesh.
    Favorite Mark Quote: "I train to play."

June 2010: 168.6 -size 16
    Current: 146.8 - size 10/12
    Goal:135 - size 8

My Journal

If you just get free T3 and T4, it's $94 here: https://www.directlabs.com/Default.a...en-US&tabid=55

I should have gotten T3 & T4 when I got the test in April. Er! I wasn't paying attention and didn't realize that the test I ordered didn't include free T3&T4. Now I'm wondering if I should get the complete thyroid panel, which is more expensive. I don't want to get free T3 & T4 only to realize that I also need total T3 and reverse T3.

Yeah. After listening to a talk by Chris Kresser he mentions reverse T3 so I think I want the full thing.

My Journal

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I can never do it. I can never accept non tasty food. In fact, every time I cut out treat foods I end up overeating and gaining weight, because I am never satisfied. Feeling ashamed of enjoying food - and I still experience sharp guilt and shame for liking fruit because it's tasty- is probably not the healthiest thing.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Green Deane Guest
    For me it is all about carbs. If I eat less than 50 a day I maintain, if I eat 100 I gain. If I need to lose I little I eat zero. But I also exercise seven days a week, lifting three, sprinting one, racquet ball one, walking two with an occasional bike ride or paddle tossed in.

Quote Originally Posted by Momto3 View Post
    Yeah. After listening to a talk by Chris Kresser he mentions reverse T3 so I think I want the full thing.
    Do you know where I can find the talk you mentioned? Thanks!

It was part of the SexyBack Summit put on my Sean Croxton. (sp?). Chris was talking about the thyroid/adrenal/ovarian axis.

Low carb worked for me initially I think because I had more to lose. I've come a long way in gut healing and I am so thankful for that. I've got some pretty hard set hormone imbalances that I am working with.

I am only looking to do the Simple Paleo for 1-4 weeks. More as an experiment. I am actually thinking of combining two similar approaches. Simple Paleo plus a way of eating to support the thyroid. (Fast Metabolism Diet)

I am not recommending any newcomer to primal to try it. It does seem brutally boring. Not what you want when you are first starting the lifestyle transition.

This is my experiment if you are interested. I plan to start Mon. June 3
    ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1369836017.509438.jpg

My Journal

Thanks! I would be very interested in your results.

They take forever to approve attachments. If you were trying to upload an image, click on the "insert image" icon at the top of the reply pane.

Oh. I'm using the mobile app and just attached a photo. Sorry about that. Hopefully it will come through soon.

My Journal

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast