Thread: Can paleo make you too skinny? page

renee16 is offline Junior Member

Can paleo make you too skinny?

Shop Now
    A couple years ago I had to count calories in order not to get too chunky. I'm 5'2" and would struggle to stay below 113. I found out about eating paleo and combined it with running 3-4 days a week. I now am between 107-109lbs. The weight came off effortlessly, but sometimes I fall under 107 and get freaked out! I will then binge on pizza or burgerking to get my weight back up. Is this a normal experience? Should I let my weight fall where ever it wants to go. I eat 5 times a day, lots of meat, nuts and veggies and chocolate everyday!

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Yep, it has done it for me. I am trying to have snacks and things on top of regular meals now. Included some desserts now and again to prompt some extra eating. Have been as low as 95lbs and now 97, have never been this low my entire adult life. I am also 5'2". People are telling me I am too thin now, asking if I am well. I haven't been doing running either. I really need to get more muscle and get serious about working out. I am eating lots of meat, fruit, veg, and fat everyday. So you sound similar to me really.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Eat more. Lift weights. It's not rocket surgery.

Sent via A-10 Warthog

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Weight training may well build your muscle but will also increase your need to eat even more. Personally, I like that because I love my food.

Allow yourself the primal treats in generous quantities. Nuts, cheese, chocolate will help you from dropping too low. Add butter to your veges and cream to your fruit, enjoy them. No need to binge on pizza unless you actually enjoy it.

Owen is offline Senior Member
    I advocate natural carbs such as potatoes, bananas, dates, other fruits - better than pizza binges - more nutritious and you are more likely to eat the right amount for your body as it can measure whats going in

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    If I ever have this problem I'm going to chug a whole bottle of heavy cream.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    If I ever have this problem I'm going to chug a whole bottle of heavy cream.
    +1
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Meat with whole fat? Whole Eggs? Butter? ghee? Cream? Cheese? Coconut oil? olive oil?
    What's with running 3-4 days a week? Are you being chased?

Mistizoom is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    I advocate natural carbs such as potatoes, bananas, dates, other fruits - better than pizza binges - more nutritious and you are more likely to eat the right amount for your body as it can measure whats going in
    +1
    If you want to keep up your weight, add some natural carbs. Not too many, but enough so you don't have to struggle to keep the weight on. Eat plenty of healthy fats too.

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Eat more. Lift weights. It's not rocket surgery.

Sent via A-10 Warthog
    Yeah, this. "I'm losing too much weight, what should I do?" Um... eat more. Seriously.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6