Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Motivation when life gets in the way of primal eating? page 3

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jilly View Post
    when you go out, do you feel deprived while watching others indulge in what you previously indulged in? I'

But I'm afraid of change, like most people.

Will I miss my old ways too much? Or will I love my new healthy body too much to care or remember how good beer and queso is?
    No, I do not feel deprived. I do not hanker over their so-called treats at all. It is very unappealing to me now.

Sorry to sound old but I think you are far to young to feel afraid of change. I am 48 and I took up netball this year! Now that's a scary change, getting butted around on court by men and women alike for a non touchy-feely person like myself. But I do it cos it's good for me. Last year I sat a piano exam that I failed when I was 16 and passed with flying colours. It makes me feel great. So please, for the sake of it, just try making some changes in any area of your life for any reason at all just so that you don't start getting stuck in your ways at an early age.

If you truly commit to primal lifestyle you will have so much health and vitality you will not know what to do with it and you will not miss the garbage.

Having said all that, there is plenty of room in this lifestyle for the occasional non-primal indulgence. If beer is what you really love I don't see why you can't have one on a Friday night, if you have been fully primal during the week. Just call it part of your 20% and enjoy it.
    Last edited by Annieh; 05-27-2013 at 04:23 AM.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    try an experiment and just do it, I don't miss it and don't feel envious. I'm on my way to the pub now and am more interested in the chat and humour. People who don't know me well think i drink vodka but its usually just water, lemon and ice in my glass; my friends know but they don't care as long as I still get the odd round in
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Just keep trying. The more times you either stop eating after a bite or two, or chose not to eat harmful foods, the easier it becomes. And, once the novelty passes, your friends will get used to you not eating it and will be surprised if you do. I remember a few months in at a meeting with a cake or whatever, one of my co-workers just casually said: 'Ah, she won't eat it, she is in training'. Humans are creatures of habit. Once the new pattern forms, it is as hard to break it as the old one. So, that habituality will actually work for not against you.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123