Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Why would we 'cheat' when primal/paleo IS health? page 4

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You are lucky then. Honestly my greatest wish is to get to the point where I don't binge, because I rarely outright choose to cheat. The description of the bread frenzy earlier in the thread was spot on.

rockrunner Guest
    Cheating is an evolutionary trait...firstly we cheat because we are genetically programmed to find the easiest way to survive period...then long enough to reproduce without thinking about it...its easy to go to the store buy something open a package and eat....not much a challenge there. Young people are blind when it comes long term thinking and maybe to our benefit as a species. We use to benefit from this impulsive nature....there might be little reproduction if every one thought about relationships, long term effects etc....now there are too many people. Only in our age of plenty do these other things come into play or matter. You can't un-program the easy way out efficiency of how things use to be....we haven't evolved past the Paleo times. So as you grow older you think and use logic but the underlying nature is still there...you can't get away from it all the way...its part of what we are as human beings. So cheat wisely if you can.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Paleo foods are so delicious. It's easy to cheat by eating 2nd helpings when really you should be having half servings.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Aili is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    You are lucky then. Honestly my greatest wish is to get to the point where I don't binge, because I rarely outright choose to cheat. The description of the bread frenzy earlier in the thread was spot on.
    I used to have bread frenzies all the time, which could easily lead to ice cream frenzies. It was not until I quit grains that I realized that no, it was not that I was a weak slob with no willpower; it actually was that I was addicted to wheat.

Aili is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Paleo foods are so delicious. It's easy to cheat by eating 2nd helpings when really you should be having half servings.
    I totally agree here. It is really easy to overdo Paleo foods. This is a challenge for me at times, but I keep track religiously.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Pebbles67 I really understand the bread frenzy and what a wonderfully apt description. This morning its in my head masquerading as healthy - i want an egg sandwich made with Burford brown eggs, home made mayo, cress, butter and Bergen Soya & Linseed bread... so I've had a protein shake- obviously gonna be a low carb day for me!
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    One of my wheat addiction was real genuine French croissants which I would slice into 2, spread a thick layer of grass-fed butter from Normandie (as in there wasn't enough butter in the croissant itself!! ) and add some Cailler milk chocolate in-between ... a croissant sandwich that usually went straight to my belly fat ... damned wheat and sugar!!!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    When you're shooting for 100%, cheating is dairy, sugars like honey/molasses and fruit. I may, once a year, have some pizza or something, but it's becoming an increasingly rare thing these days. Three years in, just keep feeling younger and better, so I have no reason to poison myself to be honest, except when family makes meals.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dkJames View Post
    One of my wheat addiction was real genuine French croissants which I would slice into 2, spread a thick layer of grass-fed butter from Normandie (as in there wasn't enough butter in the croissant itself!! ) and add some Cailler milk chocolate in-between ... a croissant sandwich that usually went straight to my belly fat ... damned wheat and sugar!!!
    Why are wheat and sugar to blame? Lol. That sandwich sounds about 70% fat! Try eating the fat-free version of that sandwich to see how addictive the wheat and sugar actually are.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Lol at blaming the fat inside of bread for what bread does. You know I used to sit and eat a whole loaf of wonderbread at a time? Plain, white bread. And I stayed hungry, hungrier than before I opened the loaf up.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast