Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why would we 'cheat' when primal/paleo IS health? page 2

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Mr Anthony, I'd imagine the goals you have are realistic and the food you eat you enjoy.

I'm not dieting, my weight loss is excellent and it makes me feel really good. What was harder for me was not seeing much change in my post-prandial and the fasting blood glucose. That was slower for me but my only goal was to improve it; even a 1.0 average is an improvement but I'm human and wanted faster results. I tried the conventional way and totally lost control of it and there isn't another way for me. I had no choice but to persevere.

Aili I have a real benefit to staying on track and practice mindful eating but like a lot of women and some men I fall for the comfort eating.
    Somewhere on here is a post about the day before I got the results of my cancer treatment. I was frightened and stressed and pretending to be normal but it was there in my craving for bread. I craved 3 days with the craving growing with the stress until on my journey home from work the evening before I had to stop outside every shop that sold bread, every one even the petrol stations. Outside each one I went through the same thought process; rationalising why I should buy it and then why I shouldn't. I got home without any but it was a close thing. Ridiculous really but it was real and hard.

Some people are doing this lifestyle in an attempt to get healthy, physically and psychologically, and some of us are a mess. I don't judge any of them, I don't know what they are suffering.

I think the cheating concept isn't healthy, it implies one is weak, sneaky or stupid whereas in reality we are human and we sometimes fuck up. Its healthier just to admit it to yourself and move on; no one gets 100% of things 100% of the time.
    Last edited by CarbDodger; 05-25-2013 at 01:44 PM.
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aili View Post
    So often people talk about 'cheating'. But why would/ should we cheat?
    Good question, no idea why.

phigment is offline Senior Member
    Sometimes I cheat on my significant bacon with chocolate. No matter how much bacon is there for me, chocolate is always becking from the sidelines that this time it will be different and the feelings for each other will last. Chocolate always lies but I fall for it always.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phigment View Post
    Sometimes I cheat on my significant bacon with chocolate. No matter how much bacon is there for me, chocolate is always becking from the sidelines that this time it will be different and the feelings for each other will last. Chocolate always lies but I fall for it always.
    LOL Cheater.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    chocolate is the cheater, it lures us in pretending to be your friend, then when its had its way with you its gone. its just a one night stand, it doesn't respect you and its never as good as you think it'll be. Its not as big as it pretends to be either, once the wrappers off the disappointment begins and you always wonder why you bothered after its gone. It leaves you feeling sick and sad.
    Meat on the other hand is a good friend, its always waiting to do something exciting, it sticks around, never leaves you feeling empty and lonely, you can keep going back when you want some more and its always good.
    Go steady with meat, let chocolate be the slut it is and let it melt in somebody else's mouth
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    I am curious. So often people talk about 'cheating'. But why would/ should we cheat? To me it sounds like a 'diet mentality' rather than a healthy lifestyle. What do others think?
    I don't get the "cheating" talk either. Not only is primal food the healthiest, it also tastes the best.

Personally, if I'm going to eat something not primal then it should be absolutely delicious - loveingly homebaked peanut cookie for example. And then it's not "cheating" but simply the non-primal portion of my overall "diet" in the sense of way of eating.

Even if I'm in a situation where I'm certain that what is being served is non primal (restaurant or takeaways for example) I can choose either to fast or to eat it and call it part of my 20%. Either way, it's not "cheating". I don't really think there's any such thing.

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    I don't cheat, ever! I go for food quality and I am able to fast when the only choice is crap. I don't ingest toxins (willingly because I know that our environment is full of crap that we anyway ingest - and it could be a good thing sometimes ... but willingly ? no).
    So for me, it is about, and only about, quality level. Cheating means absolutely nothing from this perspective.

jhed is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phigment View Post
    The obvious answer... threesome
    Attached Images Attached Images

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    I am curious. So often people talk about 'cheating'. But why would/ should we cheat? To me it sounds like a 'diet mentality' rather than a healthy lifestyle. What do others think?
    What's your definition of cheating?
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    I feel like some kind of freak sometimes, because I've had NO problem staying primal basically all the time. On rare occasions for something that is truly an "experience" I'll eat something that isn't primal, but that's a conscious choice instead of "giving in" or whatever. I dunno; I just tend to always want to eat the stuff I know is awesome for me and makes me feel superhuman.

I'm always baffled when someone says "I tried paleo, but it was just too restrictive". I mean, I feel like I eat like a king, so I don't understand them.
    Yes I completely agree with this (apart from feeling superhuman - just sometimes ).
    I just want to eat this stuff - grass fed meats, fresh veg, top quality dairy and nuts.
    The restrictive comment I hear more from females than males - kinda get it, but kinda don't.....
    I don't do bread and processed foods- but I feel that getting sick is kinda...... "restrictive"

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast