Thread: My attempt to drop 60+ pounds... page

vnumus is offline Junior Member

My attempt to drop 60+ pounds...

Been lurking/reading here for awhile now. Going to go after it full throttle now. I've tried vlc or primal in the past, but have backslid badly. Seems like anytime I relax with my carb intake things go bad. I really need to stay vlc, I think, for awhile to get past my carb addiction. I've got a meat csa thorugh a local farm so I'm set on meat. I get 2 dozen eggs and 1 gallon of raw milk a week from another farm. I think if I stick with this food with some added oils, nuts, etc I can make a good run at it. I do plan on having some blueberries or strawberries with raw milk and eggs to make shakes.

Right now I'm 240# so my goal would be 180#. I'm 5'10 and have been this weight in the past. I've got some kettlebells, a heavy bag, pullup bar, and a coupla dogs to walk for exercise. My wife is pregnant and due in early nov. I'd like to hit my goal for the baby so I can be healthy for my new kid...

So far today I've had 4 softboiled eggs, about a pound of grassfed beef, about a dozen free range chicken wings w/bleu cheese dressing, handful of almonds. Drank a coupla cups of coffee w/real cream and a little raw honey, glass of raw milk and some water. Supplemented with some vit d, cod liver oil, and dr rons organ pills.

Hopefully keeping a journal will keep me honest....

Joe

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Joe!

2nd day I IF'd until about 5 p.m. Had some coffee with stevia in the morning. I'd never tried stevia before and I must say it really sucks. Kinda like powdered diesel fuel. Guess there really is no good replacement for sugar. Might try just some cream tomorrow. Had some summer sausage, cheese, and almonds for a snack when I got home. Latter on I cooked up 2 big pork chops and washed them down with some raw milk. Hopefully the weather clears up and I can go for a hike with my dogs.

norcalgal is offline Senior Member
    welcome!
    i just want to point out this video on youtube because, for one reason primal/paleo style eating is encouraged infact this was his diet, and secondly because he has a very very valid point about your loved ones!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W_UGwpy3SU
    at least it is for me like this. i know he talks pretty slow but its a worthwhile watch.
    "The first wealth is health."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

IF'd again until after 5 p.m. Just had some coffee with cream this morning, then nothing until after work. Had some almonds and big glass of milk when I got home. I made some soft boiled eggs (5) with ghee and added a side of irish bacon. Was still a little hungry I had a hunk of summer sausage too. So far so good.

IF'd all week long. Pretty much just had coffee with cream in the morning (about 5 a.m.) and then didn't eat until somewhere between 5 and 6 p.m. Been eating lots of eggs, ground beef, and chicken arms (they had family packs on sale at whole foods and I stocked up). Been snacking on some omega trail mix from trader joes, its basically just nuts and cranberries. The fasting seems to be no prob. As long as I'm busy I don't notice being hungry. Just got home from a Brazilian bbq place and am stuffed on meat. All you can eat pork, lamb, beef, shrimp, etc. Don't think I'll need to eat until tomorrow night. Gonna try and do 10 rounds on the heavy bag later this evening...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Didn't eat until about 5 p.m. this evening. So thats 28 hours. It was kinda weird, I didn't really feel hungry until I ate something. Trying to make the Scotch eggs. Just had some wings, cheese, and nuts.