Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pro Bodybuilding X Paleo/Primal page 2

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Grapes and brewers yeast are both great immediatly´post-workout. Then a combination of potatoes, sweet-potaoes, white rice and ripe bananas for glycogen re-fill. And don't forget enough sodium, and also sufficient water with the carbs, unless you are doing a "dry carb-load"...

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    In the carb nite book, which I have, he really pushes desserts, breads, pastas, and other wheaty treats.
    Ha! He must have decided to preach to the choir on the Paleo Solution then.

fkjr2 is offline Senior Member
    I use to do the "backload" carb thing but found I was stuck in a rut - not to mention felt like hell afterwards

I have been Primal 80/20 since 30 days now and love it - of course a throw in a few days per month with heavier carbs from banana's, yams, dates, fruits, etc - but not nearly as much as I use to - I was doing upwards of 500+ carbs after a fasted PM lift session - way too much!

Now its more like 200 grams 1-2 hours post lift on real heavy lift sessions.

Plus I feel so much better/fuller and more satisfied with fats up to 125-140 grams per day and protein high

I also fast consistently daily from 10pm - to 6pm (next day)

I love the Primal/ IF combo - have been the leanest, most muscular in all my years since doing this method!

Can't see myself doing anything else now

diddydee is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by upupandaway View Post
    I've heard his interview with Robb Wolf (I think it's podcast number 160 or 161, maybe?) - he was talking about ripe bananas as a possible backload food, so I guess it doesn't have to be donuts.
    Ya ripe banana's or spotted banana's changes it's sugar from fructose to glucose so it can be shuttled to your muscles instead of your liver

70in2012 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    I also fast consistently daily from 10pm - to 6pm (next day)

I love the Primal/ IF combo - have been the leanest, most muscular in all my years since doing this method!

Can't see myself doing anything else now
    How much can you lift in fasted state? e.g. squat, deadlift, bench?

I tried and failed. I lift heavy twice a week (once week for each compound exercise) and my lifting has strong correlation with how much carb i eat from the prev day to the lift.

I can handle body weight or light weight work, not heavy lifts.
    Few but ripe.

fkjr2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 70in2012 View Post
    How much can you lift in fasted state? e.g. squat, deadlift, bench?

I tried and failed. I lift heavy twice a week (once week for each compound exercise) and my lifting has strong correlation with how much carb i eat from the prev day to the lift.

I can handle body weight or light weight work, not heavy lifts.
    I lift pretty heavy as prescribed by lean gains. Mostly compound movements.

Granted, it took me weeks of fasting and lifting before my system got use to it.

Now it's a no brainer. I always train fasted.

I break it up with am lifts and pm lifts. Depends if I'm going out that night because I back load when I hit the lift at night.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12