Thread: Not counting calories in bodybuilding page

emboava is offline Junior Member

Not counting calories in bodybuilding

Shop Now
    Do you guys have ever tried to go in bodybuilding without counting calories and/or macros while doing Paleo/Primal? Which techniques did you used?

I'm going pretty well using Paleo/Primal in bodybuilding but I want to be free of this counting and measuring thing...

jhed is offline Junior Member
    Are you talking about bodybuilding as a recreational thing, or do you want to enter contests? If you're serious about bodybuilding, you'll need to count calories, at the very least when you're cutting pre-contest.

emboava is offline Junior Member
    I'm not planning to compete but I'd like to achieve the best of my body composition. Don't you think we could go primal while cutting and keep the caloric intake below the basal metabolic rate without counting? That's 99% of the cutting, isn't it?

jhed is offline Junior Member
    I have no doubt that you can get excellent results without counting calories. There are plenty of guys and girls with great physiques that don't count calories.

The most successful bodybuilders, however, tend to be extremely anal retentive, weighing, measuring and counting everything.
    It's all about how much mental effort you're willing to put into this. You can get great results without counting calories, but if you want to achieve the maximum of your bodybuilding potential, you'll need to count calories.

In the end, you have to realize that bodybuilding, when done right, is extremely hard, both physically and mentally. Unless you're genuinely passionate about it, it's just not worth it.

Kingofturtles is offline Senior Member
    i counted for a while. I had to eat 3000calsa day to maintain. It was so hard for me to eat all those cals because I didn't have a big appetite. Because of that, I just eat when I am hungry and because I know my appetite, I just KNOW i wont be over my 3000, usually around 2500-3000 I'd say.

DebraHovis is offline Junior Member
    I always follow my diet plan because I want to keep my body fit and want to make my abs shape more visible. I always try to consume enough calories that I can take in a day.