Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I totally blew it. page

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

I totally blew it.

Primal Fuel
    So, after one month of strict zero carb, near carnivore eating, I gave in... I have been extremely depressed lately and what started as a serving of organic dark chocolate for comfort ended up becoming...

another serving... and another... and another whole bar
    a sweet potato
    a banana
    rice
    beans
    potato salad
    barbecue

~3000 calories

oh goodness :'(

I feel horrible. I took 800 grams of magnesium hoping it will... you know.
    ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
    ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

elorajade is offline Senior Member
    Get back on the horse. Saturday was a bad day for me, it was raining outside, had no energy and made a tuna noodle casserole. Really missing my husband right now, 31 days to go (from a 6 month tour).

I got back on the horse and am in the middle of a fast. All the carbs did a number on my stomach.

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    Try eating a reasonable amount of quality carbs, rather than indulging in this fantasy that humans are meant to eat meat, meat, and nothing but meat. Follow your appetite, as long as it leads you to real food, you're fine.

A sweet potato a day keeps the fructose at bay.
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Bingetacular!

Well, you know the drill. Back on the horse! This time with sufficient vitamin c. The depression could be regular existential despair or other psychological factors but if you're missing key nutrients you can pretty much expect disruptions in serotonin and other neurotransmitters. Nutrients are like jenga blocks and well, you get the analogy.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Add a tiramisu and some organic lemon wafer cookies to the list...

My stomach hurts so bad!!!

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    I normally don't snack and normally keep my fruit to 2 pieces a day in the morning and for the last two days in addition to my usual 2 I've added multiple apple snacks (5 or 6, maybe) throughout the day in a display of complete and utter weakness. Now I've gone from boundless energy to lethargy.

So I thank you for easing my self-disappointment
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Feanor78 is offline Senior Member
    Whatever, think about it averaged over the whole month - it's like you ate 96 extra calories per day. No big deal

Tonya is offline Junior Member
    Don't beat yourself up too hard for one day's lapse. It happens. One oops will not totally derail your efforts. It may slow down your progress for this week, but not for next week. Start tomorrow renewed and excited about eating well so your body feels well.

I've been eating primally for 5 months now. It gets easier and easier as you find more and more things that you can make that you love. I can now bypass bread with a meal and not feel deprived because of all of the delicious things I get to eat. I can skip dessert and not feel deprived or I can choose to indulge in a small portion of the dessert and not feel guilty about it because I know that I feel so much better when eating primally than I do when eating all the crap I used to so I don't fear that I'll make poor choices on a daily basis. I was so empowered when I realized that I felt amazing because of eating well, and I had the ability to continue to feel well based on my choices. I enjoy that control and how I feel each day. You will reach that point too, and when you do, you won't have another day like today :-)

hutax is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    Try eating a reasonable amount of quality carbs, rather than indulging in this fantasy that humans are meant to eat meat, meat, and nothing but meat. Follow your appetite, as long as it leads you to real food, you're fine.

A sweet potato a day keeps the fructose at bay.
    Good advise here stabby, zero carbs is not smart. Just meat will kill you. PB doesn't say anything about zero carbs. When you go to extremes in in kind of diet you will have a tendency fall off the wagon and binge. Remember the rule, 50-100 will give you steady healthy weight loss, 100-150 maintenance.

PrimalCon New York
    You know what. I don't regret this. Let's stop the pity party. For ONCE during this period of living like a monk, there's nothing in the world that I crave... okay maybe a beer, which I will probably get in a few. But yes, I feel fucking great.

Thanks a lot for the support guys!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast