Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal muscle gain?? page

js65 is offline Junior Member

Primal muscle gain??

Shop Now
    I am looking to put on some muscle and I'm wondering if it is possible with such a low carb intake. To gain will I need to increase carbs or can I do it with a very low carb intake?

Mr. PK is offline Junior Member
    Speaking from experience, I think you can gain while being completely primal, you just need a ton of calories (which can be extremely expensive if you eat only organic)
    What i have done to gain is up everything, eat more eggs, eat MORE bacon, drink full fat milk instead of water, eat calorie heavy fatty meats and eat tons of bananas. You will gain SOME fat by eating like this but unless you want to gain painfully slowly I suggest this route.

- The Hard gainer

Mr. PK is offline Junior Member
    ps: you will have to give up a vegetable heavy diet in favor of more calories to gain fast
    that is to say however, don't completely stop eating greens!

Vick is offline Senior Member
    How are you going to put on muscle?

You have to create the conditions that causes the body to grow muscle and the enviroment to support it.

Physically you have to stress your body to that point your body says" Crap I'm not strong enough I need to grow more."

After you do that you need to give the body time to repair and grow and provide protein to support the growth.

primalclubber is offline Senior Member
    Like we don't have enough of these threads drifting about...

js65 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalclubber View Post
    Like we don't have enough of these threads drifting about...
    No need for the negativity I am just looking for some guidance so if you don't have any information to help me I would appreciate it if you not post on my thread.

As1459 is offline Junior Member
    As long as you provide a sufficient stimulus for muscle growth through weight training, sprinting, etc... You most certainly can gain muscle with vlc. I personally like to eat more carbs right after my workout (sweet pot, fruit, legumes), Yeah I know not very primal but I have found it's what works best for me. I tried to forego the starchy carbs pwo and I would feel horrible. I even gave it a good amount of time (4 months) to try and adjust but it was continuously bad for me.

The rest of the time I stick to good meats, fats and non starchy veggies. It has allowed me to stay lean year round. Hope this helps with your quandry.

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by js65 View Post
    No need for the negativity I am just looking for some guidance so if you don't have any information to help me I would appreciate it if you not post on my thread.
    Just for future reference, a simple search on the forum will answer 99.9% of all questions you could possibly have and reduce the redundancy of experienced members having to answer the same questions over and over again. If you can't find it after an honest attempt at searching, then by all means, ask away.

JStrick is offline Senior Member
    I would like to pose a question, why do you feel its necessary to eat carbs to gain muscle?

primalclubber is offline Senior Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast