Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Effortless weight loss? page 5

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I think the general case that increased body fat increases the chance of fertility is because, generally, overweight people are better nourished than underweight people.
    Yeah.... that makes sense especially because processed foods are often "enriched with vitamins and minerals" where your body builder is eating a limited selection of whole foods.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Yeah.... that makes sense especially because processed foods are often "enriched with vitamins and minerals" where your body builder is eating a limited selection of whole foods.
    Unfortunately, protein powder still rules the bodybuilding world, oatmeal is still the #1 consumed carb and they're still throwing away the egg yolks or buying those disgusting cartons of liquid egg whites. Gross. Does the average bodybuilder have a better diet than the average American? Probably. They're not choking down lots of pizza, chicken alfredo, doughnuts and TV dinners, but it's still low in fat soluble vitamins and high in weird powders and pills that I swear the only weight loss they cause is in your wallet!
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    The short answer is that some sources of calories cause more fat gain than others.

1) Glucose from sugars and refined grains are immediately stored as fat by the body. The more complex carbs, or proteins, are not.

3) If you are lifting weights, the calories contained in protein will be used in building muscle mass and therefore cannot be used to accumulate fat.
    Really? Those are some of the more ridiculous things I've ever read.

I think women were not meant to be "cut" period. Plenty of malnourished women, drug addicted women, obese women and unhealthy women get pregnant. I'm sure they are less "nourished" than a lean athlete.

My sister in law eats a really normal diet, but low body fat from doing Ironmans made it hard for her to get pregnant until the second time around when she had on a few extra pounds and got pregnant immediately.

Certainly, excess fat is not good for women, but I think our bodies really think that a lack of fat is a really bad thing and even shut down certain processes to preserve it. Fighting to get fat that our bodies need to reproduce off of use is going to be really hard for most women to the point of damaging systems. Sucks that needed fat accumulates in bad places though.
    Yeah, I dunno. My point was that she eats the same thing as women that get pregnant easily and due to too low body fat (genetics and activity) had some fertility issues. I mean thousands of welfare mamas are not eating lean protein, fruits and vegetables. They are malnourished but with plenty of fat.
    Every female is different in respect to how much body fat she needs to have in order to be fertile as well. Also, stress (physical and mental) also plays a role in fertility.

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    At the time I ate plenty of vegetables and fruit, and while I stayed relatively low fat, we had meat/fish/poultry daily and I ate eggs almost daily, and had no idea egg whites existed as a separate food group. Not O3 eggs, but still. I did not eat oatmeal daily back then as I did later when trying to lose weight and hit the 70% carb/<15% protein intakes.
    Low fat diets are horrible for fertility.

chima_p is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NDF View Post
    Really? Those are some of the more ridiculous things I've ever read.
    Good lord, I thought I was the only one. Absolute paleotarded rubbish.

Sent from my Nexus S using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Low fat diets are horrible for fertility.
    While I doubt I was <30-35% fat, since I was not watching anything back then, and was able to have a dessert after supper
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345