Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Effortless weight loss? page 3

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FoodLoveJoy View Post
    My 2 cents:

Focus more on eating foods that make your body feel good an hour two after having eaten them. When you keep your focus on eating things that keep you feeling good, your body should naturally start to gravitate toward a weight that's good for your frame.

Giving all the power to what your scale says makes it a lot harder to get to where you want to be. If you're eating in a way that makes you feel great all the time, does it really matter what the number is?
    Wow.... I'd live on Jack Daniels then!

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I suspect far more people find success and have no need to post asking for help than is apparent from comparing post numbers.
    Definitely this. Forums are a terrific microcosm of the people with the biggest health problems having the hardest time acclimating to what is generally the "human diet".

Leida is offline Senior Member
    If you're eating in a way that makes you feel great all the time, does it really matter what the number is?
    Yes, though not the number, but the mirror. You can feel great, but seeing fat bulges everywhere and not fitting into your own clothes hardly sets you up for happiness
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Wow.... I'd live on Jack Daniels then!
    Yep, let's do the Jack Daniels diet!

One bottle of JD = 1.960 kcal,
    3 cans of tuna in water = 360 kcal,
    green vegetables = 150 kcal,
    one cup of bulletproof coffee with 1/2 stick of butter = 400 kcal.

Total: 2,870 kcal, protein = 120 gr, fat = 40 gr, carbs = 30 gr, alchohol = 280 gr(!)

So, if you are a big guy over 200 pound, start with one bottle of JD per day and reduce to 3/4 of a bottle after a while when stalling. a ligthweight woman can start with 1/2 a bottle and 2 cans of tuna and use 1/4 of a stick of butter, when doing the Jack Daniels diet...
    Last edited by Gorbag; 05-27-2013 at 09:51 AM.

peppermint is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Yep, let's do the Jack Daniels diet!

One bottle of JD = 1.960 kcal,
    3 cans of tuna in water = 360 kcal,
    green vegetables = 150 kcal,
    one cup of bulletproof coffee with 1/2 stick of butter = 400 kcal.

Total: 2,870 kcal, protein = 120 gr, fat = 40 gr, carbs = 30 gr, alchohol = 280 gr(!)

So, if you are a big guy over 200 pound, start with one bottle of JD per day and reduce to 3/4 of a bottle after a while when stalling. a ligthweight woman can start with 1/2 a bottle and 2 cans of tuna and use 1/4 of a stick of butter, when doing the Jack Daniels diet...
    I've been drinking Bulletproof Jack during my fasts every morning. Makes me feel AWESOME.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peppermint View Post
    I've been drinking Bulletproof Jack during my fasts every morning. Makes me feel AWESOME.
    The combination of fat and alchohol gives a "slow relase effect" of the alchohol that is very nice for most people! Not a bad idea drinking "enhanced" bulletproof coffee, and if you are in a calorie deficit you will sure lose weight! Bodycomposition is a bit more unsure on the Jack Daniels diet, so maybe somebody should test it and see what the result might be?

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    whose going to be the guinea pig?
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Base your diet on two things:

1.) Nutrient density of food.
    2.) Toxin load of food.

Just because a food is a grain doesn't mean it's bad. Just because a food is a legume doesn't mean it's bad. Just because it's an animal product doesn't make it good. Not everything ancient is good and not everything neolithic is bad.

Nutrient density is the most important. Many modern ailments are caused by our modern low-nutrient diets. This automatically eliminates grains, refined sugars and refined fats from the diet. They are high calorie and low nutrient, which overtime could cause health impacts. Primal/paleo does it right by eliminating grains and refined sugars, but they make a huge mistake with the refined fats. Virgin coconut oil is essentially white sugar. There is no nutrient difference. It's high calorie, low nutrient man-made stuff. They both serve their purpose as sort of a topping or cooking tool when used responsibly with minimal caloric impact (1 teaspoon of sugar in your coffee, 1-2 teaspoons of oil to sear meats), but when you start taking a spoon to a jar of oil or eating slices of butter and blending it in your coffee, you may as well take a spoon to a sugar bag. It isn't much different.

Toxic foods are a no-no as well. This eliminates the gluten grains, polyunsaturated seed oils, soy, GMO's...you're probably aware of this list.

If it's nutritious and low in toxins, eat it I say. It doesn't matter if it's neolithic or primal. Nutrients are nutrients, and if you can get lots of them with minimal toxins from whole foods, you'll be set.
    Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 05-27-2013 at 09:11 PM.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

helinbert is offline Junior Member
    The food we take should be of all necessary ingredients such as proteins, nutrients, carbohydrates should be properly maintained in diet,The food we choose must be a part of the diet. The best solution for the weight loss problem is to perform exercise regularly and avoid eating junk foods, Proper plan for diet should be followed to get rid of the problem. The drugs may be harmful to the body it their usage is extreme.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Base your diet on two things:

1.) Nutrient density of food.
    2.) Toxin load of food.
    I think this plus a realistic weight goal and a realistic decision on how long it will take to get there is CRITICAL. I was talking to a fitness competitor who spent much time well below the 20% body fat that people think is "fit". She mentioned most of those women have issues with pregnancy. We pondered that overweight women don't have the same struggle. I have no idea what she did to get where she got, but imagine a heaping helping of genetics plus diet, plus a lot of working out (she had surgeries for injuries).

I feel like if a reasonable consumption of clean foods does not yield the weight loss you want, either 1. you are trying to go too low and need to join the work out a ton and eat weird shit club to push your body to an unnatural state. or 2. Have a medical issue or 3. need to be patient because losing a bunch of fat can take time.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast