Page 90 of 136 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast
Results 891 to 900 of 1359

Thread: 4 degrees warmer page 90

  1. #891
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Seem like you had a good time though! I just woke up sleeping an hour after a mini-party with my assistants here in my office, procedure as usual every Saturday, some beer, whiskey and Cuba Libre only...
    Yeah, it was fun times. Sausage fest unlike your office environment though...
    nihil

  2. #892
    RittenRemedy's Avatar
    RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    2,677
    The term "gentleman" is meant to be used loosely I think. Maybe like the respectable southern daddy who would beat the snot out of anyone who looked at his daughter wrong gentleman.

    The one time I tried marijuana I didn't have any bad reactions to it, just didn't really care for it more than alcohol. My ex on the other hand, crashed and then spent the rest of the night in the basement convinced the KGB were going to kidnap him and take him to be tortured on some machine satan was building in the laundry room.

  3. #893
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,371
    Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    The term "gentleman" is meant to be used loosely I think. Maybe like the respectable southern daddy who would beat the snot out of anyone who looked at his daughter wrong gentleman.

    The one time I tried marijuana I didn't have any bad reactions to it, just didn't really care for it more than alcohol. My ex on the other hand, crashed and then spent the rest of the night in the basement convinced the KGB were going to kidnap him and take him to be tortured on some machine satan was building in the laundry room.
    lol awesome.

    yeah, it was most certainly laced, because marijuana is nothing for me, I smoke it like 3-4 times a week.
    nihil

  4. #894
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,371
    personal incredulity is annoying. "I don't know what I'm talking about, so you're wrong, simply because you can't prove it because someone else said it and they could be wrong too"

    What kind of circular logic is this? Good god. How would you ever learn anything that way? Might as well just be an idiot since everything you know that you learned from something else could be wrong simply because someone else doesn't know what they're talking about. Woohoo.

    nihil

  5. #895
    sakura_girl's Avatar
    sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    personal incredulity is annoying. "I don't know what I'm talking about, so you're wrong, simply because you can't prove it because someone else said it and they could be wrong too"

    What kind of circular logic is this? Good god. How would you ever learn anything that way? Might as well just be an idiot since everything you know that you learned from something else could be wrong simply because someone else doesn't know what they're talking about. Woohoo.

    Hm you make me embarrassed haha. I think this is more of a trust issue than anything else, though. I generally distrust any source that I have no history of credibility with.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

  6. #896
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,371
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Hm you make me embarrassed haha. I think this is more of a trust issue than anything else, though. I generally distrust any source that I have no history of credibility with.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Why do I make you embarrassed? Yeah, I'm overly skeptical of everything. It leads to extreme bouts of cognitive dissonance because I'll look to debunk one thing, and when the thing I've debunked suddenly starts being irrational or illogical, I'll look to debunk what I think is right. I've ended up doing the same thing with deism, mostly because I equate a lot of modern problems with people that have man indoctrinated ideals of unconditional love and a gaping hole where their soul has been filled with materialistic properties that once was pride, and morals.

    Picture related

    nihil

  7. #897
    sakura_girl's Avatar
    sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Why do I make you embarrassed? Yeah, I'm overly skeptical of everything. It leads to extreme bouts of cognitive dissonance because I'll look to debunk one thing, and when the thing I've debunked suddenly starts being irrational or illogical, I'll look to debunk what I think is right. I've ended up doing the same thing with deism, mostly because I equate a lot of modern problems with people that have man indoctrinated ideals of unconditional love and a gaping hole where their soul has been filled with materialistic properties that once was pride, and morals.

    Picture related

    Because I can relate. At first I didn't realize it was you talking about yourself xD why do you have an issue with a deity that has unconditional love?

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

  8. #898
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,371
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Because I can relate. At first I didn't realize it was you talking about yourself xD why do you have an issue with a deity that has unconditional love?

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Oh, nah, original post was about other people. Particularly ones here, and in other boards. You see it a lot in a few of the recent nutritional board threads.

    I don't have a problem with the deity, it's just wrapping my head around everything. I've had induced liquids dreams lately that are very religious in nature, and I was raised by very religious people. Most of the morals I had gained as a child were due to their beliefs in particular things, but I lost touch with those when I was led astray from that path by pressures and other forms of media and the never-ending agenda to destroy certain organized religions.

    Now, I simply compromise, though I will always attack atheists simply because they're so annoying most of the time.
    nihil

  9. #899
    sakura_girl's Avatar
    sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,728
    Does that mean you have a problem with ignorance?

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

  10. #900
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,371
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Does that mean you have a problem with ignorance?

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    No, just ignorance masked as arrogance. No one knows all there is to know, and we're still uncovering many things daily that can't be explained, so in that sense everyone is ignorant of something. Science, and life itself are like a puzzle to put together, and that sort of attitude is like someone putting together pieces of the puzzle enough to form a shape of what it's going to look like, but denying the shape anyway, because of a few missing pieces; then proclaiming you can't be certain of an obvious shape because of a few missing pieces, or just not understanding how to put together a puzzle and refusing to understand and outright disclaiming anyone else's opinion on the matter because you don't understand.
    nihil

Page 90 of 136 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •