Page 8 of 136 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 degrees warmer page 8

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yeah, but I don't think it's ever really forgotten, because it changes you in ways which you might not notice unless you're paying attention. I have a problem, in that I don't forget anything.
    I agree 100%. I don't think certain kinds of pain ever heal except to leave emotional scar tissue. Someone dies suddenly; unless I'm going to kill myself, I'm going to have to cope with the pain. I could also get drunk for an extended period of time (I did that one), but you still have to deal when you sober up. So we cope, we go on, we even learn to have fun and laugh again because we humans are some of the most resilient life forms on the planet - but we are changed forever.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I agree 100%. I don't think certain kinds of pain ever heal except to leave emotional scar tissue. Someone dies suddenly; unless I'm going to kill myself, I'm going to have to cope with the pain. I could also get drunk for an extended period of time (I did that one), but you still have to deal when you sober up. So we cope, we go on, we even learn to have fun and laugh again because we humans are some of the most resilient life forms on the planet - but we are changed forever.
    It's only later in life when someone told me to celebrate the life of the person, not their death, when it comes to dealing with a loved one passing away, and that when they die, they're never really gone, because there is always their influences that carry on with you, because they changed you in that way. It's difficult though, because there is still that lack of tangibles in reality. One day I hope to become strong enough to really learn to laugh and have fun again, instead of looking for guidance there.
    nihil

Dissension

Meditating with death on my mind last night for some reason, it's no surprise that I had an imbalanced sleep last night. According to my sleep app, REM sleep was at a meager 45%, no doubt due to the very vivid dream I had last night. I dreamt someone very close to me died, and when I awoke in the morning tears were strewn over my pillow and sort of glistened lick diamonds illuminated by the flickering lights from my lava lamp. My face was also damp with my lowness of spirits. Feeling still a sense of disharmony between reality and my dream, I grabbed my bottle of whiskey and chugged down way too much, thankfully the noopept is still working to keep me sober enough to work. I still had to make sure the person in question was fine, so I've gathered myself long enough to check on them online via their social media(I would never use this), and, of course, they are.

Details of the death were foggy to me.

c60 arrived yesterday, I took some and the first thing I noticed was a rush of extreme hunger. It felt like as though I haven't eaten in years, and it was a sharp pang that I couldn't ignore. I was insatiable, so I ended up putting away as much food as I had to last the week in a single night. It ended up being near 7000 calories, or something ridiculous if I were to count it all. I've dissolved the next 6mg in some orange juice to take for this morning.

More on this later.
    nihil

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    There seems to be a pause for breath on your journal so here I am!

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    They say time heals everything, but if time doesn't really exist, and isn't an external reality, does that mean nothing ever heals and the pain is always locked away in an experience; a memory?

I guess it's the same with space, when you think about it, perceive it, the space in which you always reach out to grab something near to you, and the timing is always impeccable. If time and space were how we perceived it to be, would that change?

Maybe it's true. "Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather."

Thanks Bill Hicks.
    This reminds me of chats we were having in the dark winter. I was so far down the rabbit hole that I pretty much couldn't connect with anyone I knew in reality. Never told you before, but you were kind of my life line at that point.

Did I introduce you to Bill Hicks? I can't remember. I know that is my favourite quote of all time though.

So I take it that you're looking into Quantum physics? It's not that Time doesn't exist per say: it exists in this plane of reality where we perceive "reality" to be linear. Actually, everything: past, present, future, are all happening at once. Pain is just a concentration of focus onto one aspect of consciousness, and it's also down to perception.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

diene is offline Senior Member

Plus, I am, I'm just behind 6 proxies.
    Nice!

Yeah, but I don't think it's ever really forgotten, because it changes you in ways which you might not notice unless you're paying attention. I have a problem, in that I don't forget anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I don't think it's ever really forgotten either. In fact, if the pain was deep enough in the past, I can re-experience it in the present. All I have to do is open myself up to it. I experience it as a physical thing--not physically painful, but a tightening of the chest. Pain, both physical and emotional, is an exquisite thing.

c60 arrived yesterday, I took some and the first thing I noticed was a rush of extreme hunger. It felt like as though I haven't eaten in years, and it was a sharp pang that I couldn't ignore. I was insatiable, so I ended up putting away as much food as I had to last the week in a single night. It ended up being near 7000 calories, or something ridiculous if I were to count it all. I've dissolved the next 6mg in some orange juice to take for this morning.

More on this later.
    You are brave to take that C60 stuff. Somehow I don't think I could make myself ingest fullerenes. Although I'm all about better living through chemistry, fullerenes don't seem edible to me somehow.

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    What a zen dog(?), I want to float too.

I agree. The pain from a bad marriage and divorce changed me. The pain is healed now but I'm not quite the same. I'm definitely less clingy and more independent than ever. So it's not necessarily a bad thing but I guess I'll find out for sure when somebody new comes along.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    What a zen dog(?), I want to float too.
    This one doesn't float, but it is a cat.

"Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    4 degrees, It brings us closer than dying and cancer and crying.

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    There seems to be a pause for breath on your journal so here I am!

This reminds me of chats we were having in the dark winter. I was so far down the rabbit hole that I pretty much couldn't connect with anyone I knew in reality. Never told you before, but you were kind of my life line at that point.

Did I introduce you to Bill Hicks? I can't remember. I know that is my favourite quote of all time though.

So I take it that you're looking into Quantum physics? It's not that Time doesn't exist per say: it exists in this plane of reality where we perceive "reality" to be linear. Actually, everything: past, present, future, are all happening at once. Pain is just a concentration of focus onto one aspect of consciousness, and it's also down to perception.
    Aw, what a crappy life line I am! But you know, you're my friend, so, whenever you want someone probably even more depressed than you, I'm here. Or we can just break our nails together and cry about it.

I think, we both knew him, I knew him from a song I listened to.

Agreed.

I don't think it's ever really forgotten either. In fact, if the pain was deep enough in the past, I can re-experience it in the present. All I have to do is open myself up to it. I experience it as a physical thing--not physically painful, but a tightening of the chest. Pain, both physical and emotional, is an exquisite thing.
    It does manifest itself in various ways, at various times, oftentimes you don't even need to open yourself to it. Something can happen that is similar, or, because it's stored in deep regions of your mind, it will surface in dreams, and flashbacks.
    You are brave to take that C60 stuff. Somehow I don't think I could make myself ingest fullerenes. Although I'm all about better living through chemistry, fullerenes don't seem edible to me somehow.
    Is it because they're added to cosmetics?

I believe there is only toxicity and bad sides when ingested as nanoparticles, which happens with c60 when suspended in water. c60 is taken properly dissolved in oil, and filtering out all the remaining nanoparticles.

I agree. The pain from a bad marriage and divorce changed me. The pain is healed now but I'm not quite the same. I'm definitely less clingy and more independent than ever. So it's not necessarily a bad thing but I guess I'll find out for sure when somebody new comes along.
    I think the proper people can alter it, in a way, even if you're never the same, so that you can feel whole again. So, I don't think you need to worry about that.
    This one doesn't float, but it is a cat.
    <3 That's more like it. I can see floating in that cats future, assuming it stops thinking about napping and food. I can tell a hungry cat face(one is looking at me right now)
    4 degrees, It brings us closer than dying and cancer and crying.
    Another Tool fan! Glad someone got the reference, I figured it was appropriate seeing as how my diet focuses on maximum body temperature.
    nihil

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Maybe it's true. "Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather
    Between the cat love, whiskey and Bill Hicks, this is new favorite journal. I'm behind on the metaphysical discussions, but would like to add that my orange lion kitty swirled his beautiful tail across my iPad in disgust while I read your journal. It's not OK for attention to be anywhere but on him but he knows the iPad is off-limits. Curling his tail across my screen while staring adoringly at me is such a kitty fuck you.

Page 8 of 136 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast