Page 68 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 degrees warmer page 68

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Do you any of you notice that perception of time changes during current situations, ie; a life threatening situation, or a threatening situation in general? It happens to me whenever my hands shake a lot.

How long sensory events seem to last appears to perform rapidly in sub-second intervals. I wonder if it would be possible to manipulate in some way, in order to(fry your brain) learn as much as possible within that time frame where time is briefly slowed down. Or your perception of it anyway.
    Matrix

On another note: your hands shaking. I'll tell you something weird: since I adopted a more Zach / Peat diet, my hands shake every morning. I never used to have this. I asked you about it before, thought it might be low blood sugar. What do you think causes your hands to shake? (too much coffee?)
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    I think the perception of time slowing down during threatening events is caused by the adrenaline spike. So, in theory, you can just inject adrenaline. Just don't inject too much, in case your heart explodes.

P.S. I have always wondered how men don't accidentally sit on their junk more often. I mean, if I had stuff hanging in between my legs, I'd probably accidentally sit on it all the time. And those guys in spinning classes, how do they not crush their balls spinning (some of the workouts have you standing up and sitting down in rapid succession)?
    I read that too, regarding the adrenaline.

It happened to me frequently until I switched underwear. Usually it's because us guys have noticeably different sized balls that throws off our balance when sitting.

Maybe just a fresh adrenal gland to chew on.
    Maybe.

Oh for f**k's sake. I've read the first page of this blog-thread, and now the last page. Now I'm going to have to read aalllllllllll the farkin' pages. All 69 of em. Last thing I need.

Thanks asshole.
    Ahaha, I think I can save you the trouble and tell you like only 10 pages are worth reading. Make a blog too dude, you seem like a cool guy.

On another note: your hands shaking. I'll tell you something weird: since I adopted a more Zach / Peat diet, my hands shake every morning. I never used to have this. I asked you about it before, thought it might be low blood sugar. What do you think causes your hands to shake? (too much coffee?)
    Zach has his own diet now, he should trademark that. Anxiety, probably. They don't shake as often as they used to at least. Shook a lot during VLC, so, for sure blood sugar plays a part.
    nihil

Family tree. My mom is adopted though, so a lot of this is just research from what she knows about her biological parents. Dad's side is legit.

That one Pole up there
    nihil

dilberryhoundog is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    But in regards to your question, I'm not sure how one could actively slow time down (or speed it up).
    It is very possible to actively slow time down.

Move through space faster.

The faster you go the more time slows down. When you reach the cosmic speed limit (speed of light) time actually stops.

Sent from my iPhone
    A little primal gem - My Success Story
    Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

hebsie is offline Senior Member
    Do you any of you notice that perception of time changes during current situations, ie; a life threatening situation, or a threatening situation in general? It happens to me whenever my hands shake a lot.

How long sensory events seem to last appears to perform rapidly in sub-second intervals. I wonder if it would be possible to manipulate in some way, in order to(fry your brain) learn as much as possible within that time frame where time is briefly slowed down. Or your perception of it anyway.
    ...here's an opinion piece that was just posted in the NYTimes the other day. Very fitting to this topic.

Fast Time and the Aging Mind

...hebs

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dilberryhoundog View Post

The faster you go the more time slows down. When you reach the cosmic speed limit (speed of light) time actually stops.
    I meant, you know, for those of us without rockets

EDIT:

#20yrcoveragehell was by far the greatest.

EDIT EDIT:

And I don't think two Germans make an American (and two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left)
    Last edited by ombat; 07-23-2013 at 07:59 PM.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Rocco Hill is offline Senior Member
    They say time heals everything, but if time doesn't really exist, and isn't an external reality, does that mean nothing ever heals and the pain is always locked away in an experience; a memory?
    And since time is non-linear, it means we can actually go 'back' to an experience and choose to to release the effects of that memory.

Recapitulation

"Sorcerers say that we live our life from a distance, as if it were a memory. We spend life
    hooked, hurt by something that happened thirty years ago and carrying a burden that
    doesn't make sense anymore. 'I don't forgive it!' we scream, but it is not true, it is
    ourselves we don't forgive!

"The emotional commitments we make with people are like investments we have made
    along the way. We must be completely insane to leave our heritage thrown away like
    that!

"The only way we can become complete again, is by picking up that investment,
    reconciling ourselves with our energy, and dissipating the heavy burden of feelings. The
    best method the sorcerers have discovered for this is to remember the events of our
    personal history until we have completely digested them. Recapitulation takes you out of
    the past, and inserts you into the now.

"We cannot escape having been born as bored fucks, nor having invested most of our
    luminosity in making children or in maintaining tiring relationships. But we can
    recapitulate; it cancels out the energetic effects of those acts.

"Fortunately, in the realm of energy, things like time and space don't exist. So it is
    possible to return to the place and to the same moment when the events happened, and
    relive them. It is not very difficult, since we all know very well where we are hurting.

"To recapitulate is to stalk our routines, subjecting them to a systematic and merciless
    scrutiny. It is an activity that allows us to visualize our life as a totality, and not just as a However, and although this may seem strange, only sorcerers
    recapitulate as an exercise; other people only happen to do it by chance.

Rocco Hill is offline Senior Member
    As an aside, what brand do you smoke Derpamix? I was with American Spirit for a while, but something has gone terribly wrong in their processing procedure 'cos their weed tastes like it's permeated with grit now.

In the UK, I'm particularly partial to 'Kendal Gold Shag'. I can now offer shags to people, and we all make a quaint and obvious joke about it. It's basically loosely cut light & dark baccy mixed together. I figured it was a pertinent analogy for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by hebsie View Post
    ...here's an opinion piece that was just posted in the NYTimes the other day. Very fitting to this topic.

Fast Time and the Aging Mind

...hebs
    What a coincidence, going to read this now.

EDIT EDIT:

And I don't think two Germans make an American (and two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left)
    They apparently moved to America, I think, but I might have missed a generation there or something. Either way, this info was pretty much taken from 23andme.com

And since time is non-linear, it means we can actually go 'back' to an experience and choose to to release the effects of that memory.
    I find myself doing this frequently, though, I never really release them. As a thought, those events are already recorded, so changing them is impossible, making traveling back to the past impossible. Which leads to arrow of time principle and special relativity.

And also:

special relativity says that the passage of time for two objects is relative on how fast they are going with respect to each other. The greater the relative velocity, the slower time passes. If a spaceship were to circle around the earth at .99 times the speed of light, time would go about 7 times slower for it than normal. And going to the past is impossible for particles with mass because from special relativity we know it would require infinite energy and events are already recorded.

As an aside, what brand do you smoke Derpamix? I was with American Spirit for a while, but something has gone terribly wrong in their processing procedure 'cos their weed tastes like it's permeated with grit now.

In the UK, I'm particularly partial to 'Kendal Gold Shag'. I can now offer shags to people, and we all make a quaint and obvious joke about it. It's basically loosely cut light & dark baccy mixed together. I figured it was a pertinent analogy for mankind.
    I roll my own using American Spirits ROY organic tobacco. The US passed a law(like everything ) that requires cigarette paper to use a flame retardant. So, fuck that. I want my stuff to be pure.

I agree that the store brand tastes a bit off now, even my favorite black pack. I think a lot of it is that the stores leave them sitting on the shelf too long, and without preservatives they go stale a lot faster. Before that I would sometimes smoke Lucky Strikes, and Dunhills.

Never heard of that, funny name though. Also, god damn your analogy made me laugh out loud.
    nihil

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've been thinking more about nature versus nurture, in relation mostly to how people I've known have changed dramatically when they're taken from an environment and placed in an entirely different one. My environment has been stagnant and mostly the same for the last several years, so my overall attitude has not changed very much. Sure, different experiences have accumulated and added up to minor personality quirks, and (im)maturity, but overall I'm the same person. Then, I'll look at friends, who have changed environments entirely and changed, to me, for the worst. Overall, they're probably in a much more stable and better situation, but I find that there is a drastic change in what pulled me into them in the first place. Now their opinions are overall abhorrent to me. I think it's a bad idea to continue communicating with a person that invokes these feelings in me simply for being the complete opposite opinion wise, because our opinions definitely clash, and they equally despise what I have to say too. I can't fault them for it though, as long as they're happy, and people really are adaptive, as much as I don't like that factor in human beings. I've always disliked change though.

When I decide to shake from my current foundation, I wonder if I'll change that much too. I guess, I've never really reflected much on my own personal change as I've gotten older, to me I feel like I've always been the same person. Maybe my situation has never really changed much, which is certainly a possibility. I also wonder if they really notice the changes they go through either, because, if you confront someone about it, they usually deny it.

nihil