Page 59 of 139 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 degrees warmer page 59

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Chess like strategic mindgames between L and Light were my favorite parts, definitely going to check out Liar Game. If anything, it'll give me something else to read at work.

I've been getting back into it more now that I realize they're still putting out some decent stuff. Seen Psycho-Pass?

Of course!
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Hm, nope! Man, have a huge list to dig through now xD

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Wow, likewise now I have a great list to work through!

Are all those links for shows, as opposed to movies? What movies are your favs?

Also, Vampire skeletons dug up in Poland
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Favorite anime:
    - Fullmetal Alchemist (the original animated series, not Brotherhood). In terms of plot, character development, etc. And tbh I prefer the English dub over the Japanese version which is not my usual opinion. And I know Brotherhood is more true to the manga but I DGAF.

Favorite manga:
    - Fruits Basket. If you've only seen the anime then you have no idea. The manga is intelligent, very dark, and deep,. I cried multiple times while reading this and I don't cry when I watch / read stories. Maybe I'll tear up a little, bur I'm talking about full on sobbing

Other favorites:
    - Durarara
    - Baccano
    - Ouran
    - xxxholic (enjoyed the manga as well. Beautifully illustrated)

Others that I thoroughly enjoyed but were kind of guilty pleasures (for various reasons):
    - Toradora
    - bakemonogatari (a bit pretentious I felt but stunning nonetheless) + all Shaft productions

Favorite movies:
    - Not that big of a Miyazaki fan but I liked Princess Mononoke and Howl's.
    - Paprika (the original Inception?)

And on the topic of Japanese entertainment, Departures is a great film, Tokyo Dogs is a great TV series, and Shiina Ringo is one of my favorite musical artists.

Last edited by ombat; 07-17-2013 at 12:12 AM.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    - Durarara
    - Ouran
    Yes. Yes. And that parade haunts my nightmares. Really. I saw a commercial for I don't care what and it had this random parade and I think I had flashbacks.

Have you ever seen Gurren Lagann? It's full of outrageous.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    Yes. Yes. And that parade haunts my nightmares. Really. I saw a commercial for I don't care what and it had this random parade and I think I had flashbacks.

Have you ever seen Gurren Lagann? It's full of outrageous.
    That movie definitely freaked the crap out of me and the parade was just icing on the cake.

I watched an episode or two many years ago but never got into it. It's a very real possibility that I had just finished Code Geass (another entertaining series) and was like, robots? no.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    That movie definitely freaked the crap out of me and the parade was just icing on the cake.

I watched an episode or two many years ago but never got into it. It's a very real possibility that I had just finished Code Geass (another entertaining series) and was like, robots? no.
    Haha I can see how that would work. I am pretty um no with robots anyway, couldn't get into Gundam or CG or anything, but GL is so lolzy.

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Don't watch many anime movies. I recall watching one of the Ghost in the Shell movies and liking it, when my friends got it for my 17th birthday xD I also loooooove Graveyard of the Fireflies. Also by Miyazaki. Yourself?

Favorite manga:
    - Fruits Basket. If you've only seen the anime then you have no idea. The manga is intelligent, very dark, and deep,. I cried multiple times while reading this and I don't cry when I watch / read stories. Maybe I'll tear up a little, bur I'm talking about full on sobbing
    Yes and yes. I don't think I have the balls to read that again x_X

And on the topic of Japanese entertainment, Departures is a great film, Tokyo Dogs is a great TV series, and Shiina Ringo is one of my favorite musical artists.
    Man, I need to see Paprika. I keep hearing about it from my Japanese American friends. Also I did watch Departures -- pretty dark and sad Not that this is Japanese, but has anybody seen Old Boy? XD

Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Man, I need to see Paprika. I keep hearing about it from my Japanese American friends. Also I did watch Departures -- pretty dark and sad Not that this is Japanese, but has anybody seen Old Boy? XD
    Yup, I actually forgot to post this as one of my favorite films. Huge mindfuck.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post

Also, Vampire skeletons dug up in Poland
    Haha, that link.

For movies I like:
    5 Centimeters per Second
    Kara no Kyoukai(5 mostly)
    Howl's Moving Castle
    Girl Who Leapt Through Time
    Grave of the Fireflies
    My Neighbor Totoro
    Eve no Jikan
    Paprika
    and that Cowboy Bebop movie