Page 58 of 136 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 degrees warmer page 58

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    Ever hear of Umineko? My friend introduced me to it. Pretty cool and deep and crazy as all hell.
    I have! I'll have to get around to that soon. Thanks for the recommendation.

Wow, I checked it out. I didn't realise there was a difference between visual novels and graphic novels! Just downloaded it A whole new world at my disposal

(Have you read "THe Sandman"?)
    Haha, I thought it seemed a bit random you mentioning that. Can't wait to see your reaction to Katawa Shoujo...

(Nope, never been into that sort of thing)
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    You've never been into graphic novels?? That's surprising. I thought they'd be up your street.

I haven't either tbh, but only through lack of exposure. My ex boyf got me into Sandman... he was a complete fanatic - even had a tattoo of Sandman (though it looked more like the guy from "The Cure" ) I want to read "Mouse" next.

I'll finish GOT and then move on to Katawa Shoujo Btw, have you seen "Naruto"? I keep meaning to watch it - the music is incredible.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Nah, just never got into them. Funny about your boyfriends tattoo, this is why you always pay more.

I would not bother with Naruto, it's 600 episodes of filler and pretty terrible.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Nah, just never got into them. Funny about your boyfriends tattoo, this is why you always pay more.

I would not bother with Naruto, it's 600 episodes of filler and pretty terrible.
    He had three - one really dodgy, one of Sandman aka Robert Smith, and an a-m-a-z-i-n-g one he got in South America from some Shaman..! So yeah, either pay more, or go to the Amazon...

I kind of got that vibe from Naruto, which is why I couldn't bring myself to watch it. I really adore the music though.

Top ten favourite animes?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Besides movies:

Cowboy Bebop
    Samurai Champloo
    Madoka Magica
    Code Geass
    Samurai X
    Death Note
    Clannad: After Story
    Welcome to the NHK
    Darker than Black
    Baccano!

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Hey, at least the first arc of Naruto (with Haku and Zabuza) was worth watching.

Death Note was useless after the L saga.

Death Note definitely lowered in quality a great deal after L, but it was so great beforehand that it still makes it in my top 10. It dragged on too much afterwards.

Also, Light is my hero
    Last edited by Derpamix; 07-14-2013 at 07:04 PM.

Have you ever read a series called Liar Game? Or have you ever watched a series called Steins;Gate?

I've seen Steins;Gates and played the visual novel! Never read Liar Game before though. Steins;Gate is probably #11 for me.

How is Liar Game?

I think Liar Game is a decent follow-up to Death Note, although the plot is lacking; it is mainly about psychological mindgames within a vacuum. You can try reading a bit of it, since it starts off having the same flavor it ends with.

Yay for Steins;Gate

I'm going to bookmark this page and weed through your list since it seems like we share similar interests in manga.

Last question: Fullmetal Alchemist?