Page 56 of 136 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 degrees warmer page 56

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sometimes, depending on my mood. A lot of the time I find transitioning to sleep unnecessarily difficult. You would think deep thought would make it easier to sleep, but it really doesn't
    Me too - I would love to have the blissful feeling of consciousness gently giving way to sleep but my consciousness is a stubborn thing and does not go gently into that good night. It holds on kicking and screaming, or rather relentlessly puncturing any fluffy sleep balloons silly enough to think they will win the night.

I spend way too much time in my head but its usually better than the alternative.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Okay, that conjured up a weird and creepy image in my head. I've seen too many horror movies, apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I thought I smelled coconut oil...
    *leaves puddles of saliva-emulsified coconut oil around your house in the middle of the night*
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    Me too - I would love to have the blissful feeling of consciousness gently giving way to sleep but my consciousness is a stubborn thing and does not go gently into that good night. It holds on kicking and screaming, or rather relentlessly puncturing any fluffy sleep balloons silly enough to think they will win the night.

I spend way too much time in my head but its usually better than the alternative.
    Almost nothing has a sustainable effect on my sleep, unless it's for the worse. This is fucking frustrating beyond belief, as it's the one thing I can't seem to get control of in regards to my health. Yes, I've even tried not drinking caffeine for the entire day or longer. Yes, even recently. I'm thinking it's entirely the fault of my unsustainable job hours, I mean, really, shifting schedules, and waking up at 3am sucks no matter how old you are, and eventually it's going to catch up to me.

I guess it already has.

*leaves puddles of saliva-emulsified coconut oil around your house in the middle of the night*
    Not sure what to think, but coconut oil is slippery...
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Almost nothing has a sustainable effect on my sleep, unless it's for the worse. This is fucking frustrating beyond belief, as it's the one thing I can't seem to get control of in regards to my health. Yes, I've even tried not drinking caffeine for the entire day or longer. Yes, even recently. I'm thinking it's entirely the fault of my unsustainable job hours, I mean, really, shifting schedules, and waking up at 3am sucks no matter how old you are, and eventually it's going to catch up to me.
    Me too - it doesn't matter how healthy I eat or careful I am with my schedule - I just can't sleep like a normal person. It is super frustrating and I've given in to using Tylenol PM sometimes but then I don't get dreams.

diene is offline Senior Member
    I find it increasingly difficult to remember major events, except the ones that changed my life for the worse, like the death of my grandparents. And, even those feel so far away. It feels like a giant contradiction, because, for me, time to this point now feels like it's on a collision course for death, but when I was younger, every hour was an eternity. The earth was a grain of sand, and every day was fresh and new, even if it really wasn't. I remember the feeling of when I first fell in love, my heart pounded, and everything was exciting and new. I'd kill to replicate that feeling again, the only thing I've managed to successfully replicate is the pounding heart, but it seems to serve no real purpose aside from keeping a hollow shell "alive".
    I think what you're describing is just a consequence of getting older. I have the same problem too. And I also remember when everything seemed exciting and new, and every breath of air ushered new possibilities. Now everything is the same and pointless, yet time flies by. Collision course for death is a good way to put it. Heh. I think it's like YB said, you have to find a way to fall in love with life again. Easier said than done.

Rhodiola helps me sleep.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Okay, now, that's just wrong.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Not sure what to think, but coconut oil is slippery...
    Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Okay, now, that's just wrong.
    *cackles.... retreats into darkness*
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Almost nothing has a sustainable effect on my sleep, unless it's for the worse. This is fucking frustrating beyond belief, as it's the one thing I can't seem to get control of in regards to my health.
    Hyperthryoidism?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    I'm thinking it's entirely the fault of my unsustainable job hours, I mean, really, shifting schedules, and waking up at 3am sucks no matter how old you are, and eventually it's going to catch up to me.

I guess it already has.
    I used to work at a glass plant. We had 12-hour shifts. 5am-5pm and 5pm-5am. Every two weeks, we switched.

Sleeping on that schedule was tough, but I've found THC to be a great supplement in this regard.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    I used to work at a glass plant. We had 12-hour shifts. 5am-5pm and 5pm-5am. Every two weeks, we switched.

Sleeping on that schedule was tough, but I've found THC to be a great supplement in this regard.
    We used to run a shift similar to that one. Then we changed to 8 hour shifts but we switched day and night every week. Now that is a grade A way to destroy a person.

When I was taking flexoril for an injury, I slept like the dead, and apparently it gives most people extremely vivid dreams. My dreams are already pretty wild so other than remembering them upon semi waking into the sleep zombie mode in the morning the only difference was lack of pain and presence of deep sleep.

The only thing I've found really helps with my sleep quality is the reverse alarm so that I turn off all the lights, including technology, eight hours before I have to get up. It's not 100%, but sometimes just being in a dark room puts me to sleep.