Page 47 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 degrees warmer page 47

diene is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post

I don't know if it's an inability to move, more like an innate lingering fear of change. I don't even know why that is, I want change, but whenever it's available to me, or happens, I crawl into a hole. Cognitive dissonance is such a bitch. I'll have to get over it eventually.
    I have that problem too. The one time I took a leap of faith and made a change (moving from CA to PA), it ended up being the biggest mistake of my life. Now, I'm having difficulty moving back (afraid that I won't be able to find a job). Ugh!

By all means, roam to the East Coast, but don't move here. It sucks here. Terrible. I mean, if you think the dry heat of Southern California is bad, wait till it's 95 degrees and 100% humidity. It's the humidity that kills you, every time. It gets so humid here in the summertime that you're sweaty again 10 seconds after stepping out of the shower. Disgusting.

And the winters--if it snows, it's pretty for 10 minutes and then all the traffic turns the snow into this disgusting slush. Then they put salt on the sidewalk to get rid of the ice, and the salt gets all over your shoes and clothes. And if you have to stand outside for more than 10 minutes your hands start to hurt like your fingers are gonna fall off.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    How are you holding up, Derp? We got 110 today with 31% humidity. But at least tonight the LOW is a brisk 80 fucking degrees.

I plan on roaming. I will not live in this location 13 months from now. Hell, I may not actually live in any particular location after that.
    110, ouch! It was 98 and windy here, but I spent the day in Barstool, where it was 108 and muggy.

Is your wife down too?

I have that problem too. The one time I took a leap of faith and made a change (moving from CA to PA), it ended up being the biggest mistake of my life. Now, I'm having difficulty moving back (afraid that I won't be able to find a job). Ugh!

By all means, roam to the East Coast, but don't move here. It sucks here. Terrible. I mean, if you think the dry heat of Southern California is bad, wait till it's 95 degrees and 100% humidity. It's the humidity that kills you, every time. It gets so humid here in the summertime that you're sweaty again 10 seconds after stepping out of the shower. Disgusting.

And the winters--if it snows, it's pretty for 10 minutes and then all the traffic turns the snow into this disgusting slush. Then they put salt on the sidewalk to get rid of the ice, and the salt gets all over your shoes and clothes. And if you have to stand outside for more than 10 minutes your hands start to hurt like your fingers are gonna fall off.
    Do you just miss the weather or the lifestyle? I'm definitely sick of it here, but I certainly won't be staying in the US anywhere, I think.

Yeah, it makes it impossible to breathe properly when it's that humid. And, god damn, yes, the fucking sweating! I'm actually going to buzz my hair, because I'm sick of the sweat plastering it to my face.

I can dig the snow, I love it, yes, even freezing.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Food:
    Some coffee, haven't eaten in a while(since that 7k calorie explosion). Don't feel like it.

Supplements:
    Lots of cigs, c60, noopept, vyvanse drip(wooo)

Feeling enlightened and shaky, still, the thought of food is nauseating for some reason. Like I would puke if I ate anything, will probably be ravenously hungry tomorrow, if I even sleep thanks to the vyvanse -- huge amphetamine high.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Core

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Food:
    Some coffee, haven't eaten in a while(since that 7k calorie explosion). Don't feel like it.
    Intermittent fasting are you? Haha

If you wake up and put a stick of butter in your coffee, I think we'll all be worried.

Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    Intermittent fasting are you? Haha

If you wake up and put a stick of butter in your coffee, I think we'll all be worried.
    That'll never happen, unless I want to induce vomiting to get out of work.

Not intentionally, I think I just instinctively do it sometimes when I don't feel like eating much. I used to do it all the time when I was younger, because I was too preoccupied with other things to remember to eat. I did the same on tests, sometimes better, when I'd drink a zero cal red bull before school on an empty stomach too. This is when I ate bad food though.

Of course, this was before the insane migraine kicked in from the excitotoxins in the red bull, which I was really, really sensitive to.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 07-02-2013 at 07:36 PM.

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    110, ouch! It was 98 and windy here, but I spent the day in Barstool, where it was 108 and muggy.

Is your wife down too?
    Naturally, I wouldn't have married her otherwise.

I can dig the snow, I love it, yes, even freezing.
    A-fucking-men. Some of my fondest memories are of the winter of 2009. Reno. Walking out of a steamy bedroom onto my balcony. Negative 20 degrees. Smoking a cigarette in my boxers. God, I miss those days.

I was out watering my garden at 6:30 this morning. Sweating. Fuck.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Zanna is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post

Yup. I'm in the northeast and we've had week and a half of rain with sticky humidity. Blech.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Just not the South....anywhere but. Derp, I have the feeling you'd like some places in Eastern Europe.

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    It's been DEATHLY hot here, I agree. I live in a 2 story house with no AC and my bedroom has a single west facing window. That means my bedroom is 90 degrees pretty much around the clock. DEATH.

So, I was in a car accident on Thurs night with a drunk driver and that is why I have not been posting here. I've had a lot of trouble eating, lots of anxiety around sleep and food (finding it difficult to sleep or eat) and so I've been eating a strange grab bag of things. Fruit, baguette with pesto, more fruit, popeyes chicken, more fruit, more fruit, and pints of ice cream at random times. The only thing that has stayed the same is my morning coffee, otherwise my food schedule and desire has become totally wack.

That hot chocolate idea sounds fab, Zach, what with the maple syrup etc. I'll give it a try.

Today is my first day back at work since the accident and I'm loopy from meds and miserable to be here. At least it's air conditioned here.

Zach is offline Banned
    Derp, gehen Sie nach Hause zu unserem Vaterland!

Page 47 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast