Page 40 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 degrees warmer page 40

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    The one I have is more like a gel, a bronze color and completely tasteless. Looks like Anbesol gel. I applied it to my gums, about 4-5 large drops, every night. It has a drying effect, like when you eat raw walnuts. The bottle is almost empty and it didn't help me at all, unfortunately. I'm still a hormonal train wreck.
    THis might interest you J3nn: Vitex or Duphaston as a progesterone supplement? • Supplements • Ray Peat Forum

Does peat have more than one prog product? This is the one I was looking at:
    Natural Progesterone Oil | Progest E Complex

Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Thanks for the additional tips. I was heavily supplementing vitamin a from a fish blend because it was the best retinol supplement I could find (up to 100,000 IUs/day). Any recommendations for vit a? I eat liver, but not as often as I should. Discouraging when I don't see any improvements with ANYTHING. Also, I'll have to look into t3. You are correct: I am estrogen dominant and my DHEA is almost nonexistent. It was 11 last I was tested.
    I think he was actually advising me, but I'm Est Dom too, so it all still applies
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    I just ordered mine this morning. Now I think I progest-e is next on the list... I've been thinking about that for a while now.

Derp- 3 years ago I was on the depo shot for birth control. I ended up losing about 15 lbs while on it... Then a year later (when it was all out if my system) it was hard to maintain my weight and I stated gaining. Do you think it was easy for me to lose even though I was hypo because if the depo shot?

Sorry if I've asked you this already...
    I think depo shots usually cause weight gain, don't they? Maybe yours just took a while to notice the side effects, they can last up to a year. Did you feel ill at all and had decreased appetite?

Hey, Derp, so is Cytomel better than one of those weird thyroid supplements made with the dessicated glands of actual animals? I'm thinking about taking a thyroid supp too just because...well, I want to know if it would make a difference, you know. Would my weight just "fall off" once I started supplementing my thyroid hormones?

What horrible side effects can I expect, other than increased appetite?
    Dessicated thyroid is t4 and t3, t3 is the stronger hormone, and as said before, women sometimes have issues converting t4 into the active thyroid hormone, t3.

How well you react to t3 depends on protein intake and a pro-thyroid diet.

Probably no horrible side effects, just be safe about it, take small dosages throughout the day, exceeding no more than 25mcg. One could become hyperthyroid through supplementation, I guess, though Ray Peat says cynomel was taken for hyperthyroidism. There are a few scary reports from people megadosing on thyroid hormone, and having attacks, so yeah, but no one here is that retarded.

Agorism FTW!

ETA: I think it's mymexicandrugstore.org not .com, right?
    Oops, you're right, slipped up there.

Thanks for the additional tips. I was heavily supplementing vitamin a from a fish blend because it was the best retinol supplement I could find (up to 100,000 IUs/day). Any recommendations for vit a? I eat liver, but not as often as I should. Discouraging when I don't see any improvements with ANYTHING. Also, I'll have to look into t3. You are correct: I am estrogen dominant and my DHEA is almost nonexistent. It was 11 last I was tested.
    Butter oil is probably good for vitamin a.

Have you tested your thyroid? DHEA-s can be taken safely if you're supplementing thyroid. Are you getting a lot of protein and eating the carrot salad? Also, you could look into the adaptogens Zach is talking about, or take DIM.

Ahahaha so awesome.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Yea I just noticed, deleted some
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    How well you react to t3 depends on protein intake and a pro-thyroid diet.
    Ideally, should you consume more protein or less?

Ahhh...love it! Especially the picture of Rothbard and the Mises Institute seal. <3 (And the Gadsen flag, the Human Action book, the Ron Paul shirt, and the gun, of course. )

diene is offline Senior Member
    I just read three of Ray Peat's articles in quick succession--two of them had to do with the thyroid. And if he's right, which I think he is, the various blood tests for thyroid function are really quite ludicrous and pointless. Modern medicine is really a fucking joke. Sometimes I really wonder how it got to be this way.

Zach is offline Banned
    $$$

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Bare bones, eat 70% of your calories from fruit and the other 30% low fat milk or 60%Carbs/30%Pro/10%fat. Throw in some oysters and liver once in awhile if you can stomach em. Exercise frequently and once a week have a cheat day if you need it.

I think sticking to a plan like that would see pretty rapid weight loss without all the negative effects seen on a high meat/low carb diet.
    Lately I've been eating a lot of carbs but grain based and not fruit based, and feeling bloated and shitty. :P I don't eat oysters or liver. Ick. :< I'm not very adventurous when it comes to meats, I spent the first 16 years of my life as a forced grain/soy vegetarian with my parents telling me that meat consumption is evil. I'll give the fruit and dairy thing a try this weekend when I do my shopping for the coming week. Thanks!

t3, 80-120g of protein a day, plenty of fruit. eat what you want, you'll find you'll be hungrier on t3 while lifting. lift some weights. muscles are anabolic and have a higher metabolic rate than fatty tissue, lifts also improve mitochondrial function.

I don't lift myself, but I know they have benefits as long as you don't overdo them(too stressful)

You live in LBC, yeah? Walk around the beach with your girlfriend, do some rock climbing, just moving around, outside, stimulates body and mind.
    I've been trying to get back to doing yoga and bodyweight exercises but I've felt so shitty lately I've made many excuses. I do live in LBC which is a great town for exploring and getting in some nice workouts, with the beach and Signal Hill park and all. We also have an allegedly incredible CrossFit box but I have a terrible fear that CF will make me vomit. (I'm totally weird)

What is T3 and why do you recommend it?

Zach is offline Banned
    I dont eat liver or oysters ever so dont feel you need to. Chocolate is a goid substitute.

Try the Crossfit box out! If they have good trainers, you wont puke.

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    What kind of chocolate do you eat? *ponders* I'm not a real big fan of super darks like most people around here seem to be. Though it is good paired with fruit.

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    I think depo shots usually cause weight gain, don't they? Maybe yours just took a while to notice the side effects, they can last up to a year. Did you feel ill at all and had decreased appetite?
    My appetite was the same while I was on it as when I got off it it. It just seemed pretty easy to lose weight on the depo shot... I was kinda scared to get off of it. I want to order some of the progest-e soon but I won't know how to take it. I haven't had a cycle in over 2 years... Sorry TMI.

Page 40 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast