Page 38 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 degrees warmer page 38

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    Hey you ladies, i recommend you all try an adaptogen and see if you feel any positives. I have been doing ashwagandha and siberian ginsing with great results. There are a few others you could try as well.

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Hey you ladies, i recommend you all try an adaptogen and see if you feel any positives. I have been doing ashwagandha and siberian ginsing with great results. There are a few others you could try as well.
    Rt3 is usually caused by low iron or high or low cortisol... So that sounds like it might help me along with the cynomel.

I don't know what us ladies would do with out Zach and Derp!

ombat is offline Senior Member
    One of my close friends is a tea importer (and his ex wife is an herbalist) and he told me I should be drinking jiaogulan daily (also an adaptogen). He's not really into healing herbs or anything like that (although he does believe in the power of tobacco and red wine...) but seems to swear by it. He unloaded a ton of it on me awhile ago and I drank it for a while but it seemed to make me bloat up so I stopped. I was thinking of resuming taking it, maybe in a more concentrated form or with a bunch of sugar or something.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I had to google adaptogen. You people always challenge me! <3

Edit: Are mushrooms adaptogens?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    Om, try a liquid tincture in alcohol.

Yoga, i believe some are! There are some famous ones though like ginsing, ashwangandha, rhodilia rosea, holy basil?, etc. they seem to just fix things with no real rhyme or reason, hense the name adapt.

Oh Om, i totally dont have any science to back this up but i think alcohol can be very helpful for bacterial/virus stuff and maybe parasites. It just makes sense that alcohol would sterilize your body from the inside.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Yoga, i believe some are! There are some famous ones though like ginsing, ashwangandha, rhodilia rosea, holy basil?, etc. they seem to just fix things with no real rhyme or reason, hense the name adapt.
    I bought Tulsi (holy basil) tea when I was in India. In Hinduism Tulsi is a Goddess! But I hated the taste of it...

I could do a sup. Another freakin' sup!!

Oh Om, i totally dont have any science to back this up but i think alcohol can be very helpful for bacterial/virus stuff and maybe parasites. It just makes sense that alcohol would sterilize your body from the inside.
    Like she needs another excuse to drink whiskey... But seriously Om - dump the JD: Jameson is the best

Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    I just ordered mine this morning. Now I think I progest-e is next on the list... I've been thinking about that for a while now.
    Are you going to get Peat's oil?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Om, try a liquid tincture in alcohol.

I might have just a few days of empirical evidence to back this up. I consumed hard alcohol every day while I was in SF and (not implying causation) my digestion was better. I mean, if I HAVE to drink gin and whiskey all the time I GUESS I can make that sacrafice. It's funny because I had been avoiding alcohol like the plague. What was I thinking??

On the other hand, it could sterilize the "good" bacteria as well.

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Do you think they help with both high and low cortisol?

Zach is offline Banned
    Maybe we dont need so much bacteria in the first place? We probably have overgrowth from eatings tons of shit foods and lots of starch/fiber.

I drink a bit almost every night and it certainly helps.

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    Do you think they help with both high and low cortisol?
    Supposedly, yes!

Page 38 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast