Page 33 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 degrees warmer page 33

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    That metabolism cranking into high gear. Safest way to loss weight, the only way that doesn't come with any adverse effects, I believe.

My friend, who is dieting, and not just her, but everyone I've seen, complains about feeling so bad while losing weight. Lethargic, depressed, brain fog, insomnia, etc;
    Shit, i have been on a weight loss roller coaster for going on 8 years now and in the past i would have to stick to a horrible calorie restriction diet of some kind. My body would do the typical reaction of shedding a few lbs, crashing and forcing a binge.

Now that i have finally cracked the metabolism secret, i am shedding fat with only positives to my health. Its quite exciting really.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    The secret to all things in life:

thinking as if you're still a kid.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Zach is offline Banned
    Boom, totally.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Thats exactly the mindset I've been trying to adopt with food. As a kid I would eat chicken for dessert if I felt like it or chocolate for lunch if I felt like it. I would stuff my face for 2 days because I was hungry and then wouldn't eat for a few days because I wasn't hungry anymore. And I did this until very recently. I'm trying to get back to this place of doing nothing but listening to exactly what I want all the time because I really do trust my signals. All of this irrespective of my digestive issues.

Part of me wants to stick with Zachs diet for a while, but part of me doesn't because it has never been a way I have naturally been inclined to eat. I've never liked dairy or sweet things. I've always wanted meat and veggies. So I don't know what to do.
    Last edited by ombat; 06-22-2013 at 11:58 AM.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    As a kid I would eat chicken for dessert if I felt like it or chocolate for lunch if I felt like it. I would stuff my face for 2 days because I was hungry and then wouldn't eat for a few days because I wasn't hungry anymore.
    One of the little girls I'm a nanny for eats like this. Sometimes for lunch all she wants is fruit. Or for breakfast, toast with butter and jelly, or just eggs. I used to tell her she needed protein. I don't do that anymore because I know she's eating what her body wants.

Sometimes she eats alot and others not so much. She's high energy and has no health problems. She's skinny as a rail, and her hands are always warm to the touch.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Yup that was me too - a bean pole with boundless energy. And I have been listening to what I want more, eating ice cream at noon if thats what I want, etc. and it doesn't seem to be not working out.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

It's mostly about mindset imo, rather than diet, though that plays a part too.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Hey Derp, I have a beauty-skin care question for ya

As you suggested, I've been using the Cps and powdered B6 on my skin. I poured the Cps into a cream and use them like that, and I add the powered b6 to water and spritz it on my face. This is a bit involved for me though - I want a more simple routine. Do you think I could add the B6 to the CP cream, or would the copper and B6 interact in a way that might diminish the good effects?

Also, Simpsons quote:

"Smithers: He was more than a friend. He was the reason I got up in the morning because he would inject me with coffee at six in the morning in the back of the head."
    Last edited by YogaBare; 06-24-2013 at 08:58 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

B6 is a copper antagonist, but I don't think they'd compete for absorption in the skin. Might not want to make a topical out of both of them though.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the info. Also wanted to ask you - what do you know about progesterone creams? Like do you know what brands are best? (I read that they're good for wrinkles).

Also, now that I'm back I'm rueing that we didn't get to meet up Hopefully I'll be over again soon though, and you'll be in a different situation.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat