Page 24 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 degrees warmer page 24

cheffy is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hey derp, anything interesting happen with that c60 stuff?

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cheffy View Post
    Hey derp, anything interesting happen with that c60 stuff?
    Well, today, I went to the beach, and got a sunburn on the left side of my forehead(where I guess I didn't apply sunscreen thoroughly enough, probably didn't wanna get any in my hair), when I got home, I decided to apply the c60 to that area. It tingled, felt soothing, and the redness went away entirely within an hour or so. It was pretty incredible, actually, and suggests to me that it can permeate the skin barrier.

Interesting research that explains the long lasting antioxidant effects of c60:

Interaction of C60 fullerene with lipids

If it binds to a fatty acid, it's likely to latch in membranes and stay there for an extended period of time, probably sort of like how Ray Peat claims PUFA stays in the body for 600 days.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    probably sort of like how Ray Peat claims PUFA stays in the body for 600 days.
    Does this mean any and all PUFA, or just in large amounts? It seems very hard to avoid PUFA for more than 600 days lol

Quote Originally Posted by max219 View Post
    Does this mean any and all PUFA, or just in large amounts? It seems very hard to avoid PUFA for more than 600 days lol
    Well, he says:

"if you have been eating PUFAs in the past, the oil change in your tissues takes up to four years during which your fat stores will be releasing enough PUFAs to cause you some troubles, so it requires some patience and also some skillful means to counteract their effects..."

A mathematical relationship between the fatty acid composition of the diet and that of the adipose tissue in man.

That shows mathematically the 600 day half-life for PUFA. Limiting PUFA intake, using aspirin, niacinamide, etc; will obviously minimize NEFA from being liberated.

Derp, sorry if you mentioned this before here. How did someone like YOU end up going low carb/VLC at one point? I can't see you limiting your carb intake.

Quote Originally Posted by max219 View Post
    Derp, sorry if you mentioned this before here. How did someone like YOU end up going low carb/VLC at one point? I can't see you limiting your carb intake.
    Girl problems, I was feeling suicidal. Now I have 99 problems but a ketosis aint one

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Derp is now menstruating regularly again.

xo

Hahahaha too funny. Even the carb king was in ketosis at one point I guess.

idk but I still haven't woken up my metabolism to get me up in the morning without that cup of coffee...

cheffy is offline Member
    Derp, when you take cynomel, do you feel that it suppresses your appetite, increases it, or has no effect?

I've heard a lot of people say that it makes them ravenous, and very few say that it makes them have no appetite.

I just started it yesterday, and man, it feels amazing to not be tired every second of the day.
    The first dose I took actually made me sleepy, but it was cool because I haven't been able to take a nap in the afternoon, no matter how tired I was, and now I can. I've also noticed my appetite just isn't there.. just thought I'd get some input from an experienced member ha..