Page 11 of 139 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 degrees warmer page 11

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    I would probably be a great candidate for lucid dreaming. I have been a vivid dreamer my entire life and i can always recall them. Many are still burned into my memory or are reoccurring. I just dont know if i can be bothered to start the regiment, it foes sound very interesting though. As for sharing, some dreams are probably better unshared, plus they seem to lose their meaning when trying to describe them.

I cannot wait for the day when we are able to record our dreams.

diene is offline Senior Member
    A lot of stream-of-consciousness writing is an incomprehensible mess. You read it for the feeling, not comprehension, IMO.

I need to start keeping a dream journal again so I can remember my dreams better in order to share them. I think it would be fun to share.

So I had to look up what piracetam is and saw this on Wikipedia:

"Piracetam has become a popular supplement in the subculture of lucid dreaming. Its use has been largely made popular by a book published by "Thomas Yuschak" titled "Advanced Lucid Dreaming The Power of Supplements". Piracetam is not used directly to cause vivid dreams; it is even said to prevent them. The premise for its use is to counter the desensitization of acetylcholine receptors in the brain caused by taking another supplement, Galantamine, which is said to cause stronger, more vivid dreaming experiences. Piracetam is taken immediately after having a lucid dream experience with Galantamine. The lucid dreamer will then not take the supplement combination again until the Galantamine has completely left their system (approximately 30 hours). Piracetam has a peak plasma time of 1.5 hours and an elimination half-life equal to 5 hours. For the purpose of lucid dreaming dosing is much lower than doses taken in clinical studies, averaging typically 2400 mg."

Have you tried this galantamine stuff?

Zach is offline Banned
    Ok im going to share my dreams last night because i was able to have two lucid parts just from this conversation.

First dream, two real life friends and I where in a futuristic amazon setting, looking for the worlds tallets trees to base jump out of. We were in a boat when we saw them, three massive trees on the seperate islands, they were the african style tree, really tall and reached really far. Thee biggest of them was a thousand feet tall at least, took up much of the sky. When we got there, there was a small town up in the branches of the tree. We get to the top and look out and my friend thinks its not high enough so he climbes a lone limb to the top, we tell him to go and he does. This is where i lucid dream, i completely remember thinking that because of this thread, i know this is a dream. So i jump off the plateform i was on and instead of open the shoot i start to fly, i do big arching swoops, they felt like i was in a massive swing and got that weird feeling in my balls/stomach. Im super afraid of heights in real life so after a few swoops i wake myself up.

Second dream after falling back asleep, I was in a big building with a bunch of people on every room, i didnt know them. I knew people were after me and i found several guns lying around so i grabbed them. I ended up getting in a gun fight with multiple women in uniforms, i could see through walla and angle bullets. Then i ran out and had to run, ran to a parking lot and then the dream shifted. I found a woman i know in real life that i am attracted to. She looked a bit differet but mainly the same. We went inside her apartment and no one was home, she was complaining about her partner saying he was crazy and mean. We started cuddling on the couch and it got sexual fast. Usually i would wake myself up or something would go wrong like partner would come home but again i recalled it being a dream and we ended up having amazing sex for quite awhile. I woke humping the bed and being woken up by my phone. Lol!

Overall, very interesting experience. I think falling asleep while thinking about lucid dreaming is one of the steps to getting there? It certainly happened last night.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derp
    Really? That's the first sign out of everything else wrong with me? Oh, but I'm not crazy, everyone else is.
    Well we all know how much you love arguing about fat oxidation.

There are signs in dreams, that obviously correlate with how you're feeling in reality. What do you think yours means going by how you feel in reality?
    Seems pretty textbook to me. I feel overwhelmed by something and feel there is no out.

<3

Fleeting feelings are the best ones, doesn't give you enough time to get sick of them.
    I <3 Would <3 Never <3 Get <3 Sick <3 Of <3 Thinking <3 About <3 You <3

lalz.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach
    I woke humping the bed...
    Story of my life.

I'm not surprised that this conversation alone triggered lucid dreams for you. I know we dream about what's going on in our subconscious, but I often dream about what's right in the forefront of my mind. That's awesome, though!

Zach is offline Banned
    It really was cool. I think it helped reading this thread right before i went to bed. I even remember thinking about this in my dream saying to myself "derp said i can" or something. Haha.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    It really was cool. I think it helped reading this thread right before i went to bed. I even remember thinking about this in my dream saying to myself "derp said i can" or something. Haha.
    That's how I get into half of all my messes...

Zach is offline Banned

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Ok im going to share my dreams last night because i was able to have two lucid parts just from this conversation.

This is where i lucid dream, i completely remember thinking that because of this thread, i know this is a dream. So i jump off the plateform i was on and instead of open the shoot i start to fly, i do big arching swoops, they felt like i was in a massive swing and got that weird feeling in my balls/stomach. Im super afraid of heights in real life so after a few swoops i wake myself up.

Usually i would wake myself up or something would go wrong like partner would come home but again i recalled it being a dream and we ended up having amazing sex for quite awhile. I woke humping the bed and being woken up by my phone. Lol!

Overall, very interesting experience. I think falling asleep while thinking about lucid dreaming is one of the steps to getting there? It certainly happened last night.
    Haha, that's awesome! Yeah, I think thinking about lucid dreaming could help you lucid dream.

Now I can't wait to go to sleep. I'll just keep thinking about this thread and see if I can get myself to lucid dream. Well, at least remember my dreams more clearly. That would be a start.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Well we all know how much you love arguing about fat oxidation.
    I... just can't help it ;_;

I <3 Would <3 Never <3 Get <3 Sick <3 Of <3 Thinking <3 About <3 You <3

lalz.
    D'aww someone out there is thinking about me <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

First dream, two real life friends and I where in a futuristic amazon setting, looking for the worlds tallets trees to base jump out of. We were in a boat when we saw them, three massive trees on the seperate islands, they were the african style tree, really tall and reached really far. Thee biggest of them was a thousand feet tall at least, took up much of the sky. When we got there, there was a small town up in the branches of the tree. We get to the top and look out and my friend thinks its not high enough so he climbes a lone limb to the top, we tell him to go and he does. This is where i lucid dream, i completely remember thinking that because of this thread, i know this is a dream. So i jump off the plateform i was on and instead of open the shoot i start to fly, i do big arching swoops, they felt like i was in a massive swing and got that weird feeling in my balls/stomach. Im super afraid of heights in real life so after a few swoops i wake myself up.

Second dream after falling back asleep, I was in a big building with a bunch of people on every room, i didnt know them. I knew people were after me and i found several guns lying around so i grabbed them. I ended up getting in a gun fight with multiple women in uniforms, i could see through walla and angle bullets. Then i ran out and had to run, ran to a parking lot and then the dream shifted. I found a woman i know in real life that i am attracted to. She looked a bit differet but mainly the same. We went inside her apartment and no one was home, she was complaining about her partner saying he was crazy and mean. We started cuddling on the couch and it got sexual fast. Usually i would wake myself up or something would go wrong like partner would come home but again i recalled it being a dream and we ended up having amazing sex for quite awhile. I woke humping the bed and being woken up by my phone. Lol!

Dude, what an adventure. This is one of the ways I think lucid dreaming can be used to conquer our fears, and translate to experience in real life. Derp says you can, so one day we're going skydiving.
    That's how I get into half of all my messes...
    But it's a good time
    A lot of stream-of-consciousness writing is an incomprehensible mess. You read it for the feeling, not comprehension, IMO.

I need to start keeping a dream journal again so I can remember my dreams better in order to share them. I think it would be fun to share.

So I had to look up what piracetam is and saw this on Wikipedia:

"Piracetam has become a popular supplement in the subculture of lucid dreaming. Its use has been largely made popular by a book published by "Thomas Yuschak" titled "Advanced Lucid Dreaming The Power of Supplements". Piracetam is not used directly to cause vivid dreams; it is even said to prevent them. The premise for its use is to counter the desensitization of acetylcholine receptors in the brain caused by taking another supplement, Galantamine, which is said to cause stronger, more vivid dreaming experiences. Piracetam is taken immediately after having a lucid dream experience with Galantamine. The lucid dreamer will then not take the supplement combination again until the Galantamine has completely left their system (approximately 30 hours). Piracetam has a peak plasma time of 1.5 hours and an elimination half-life equal to 5 hours. For the purpose of lucid dreaming dosing is much lower than doses taken in clinical studies, averaging typically 2400 mg."

Have you tried this galantamine stuff?
    I admire those that just feel, not think.

I haven't, because I'm worried about long term down-regulation. Usually I take cdp-choline to increase receptor density, along with noopept(1000x more potent than piracetam, so it warrants a higher dose of choline) because of that. That combination usually sparks really fascinating dream experiences.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 06-05-2013 at 08:40 PM.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Dude, what an adventure. This is one of the ways I think lucid dreaming can be used to conquer our fears, and translate to experience in real life. Derp says you can, so one day we're going skydiving.
    Great thought. Even though i knew i was dreaming and semi lucid, i still forced myself to wake up in fear of dive bombing into the ocean. Next time if i can get there again i will try to not worry about what happens if i crash. Also i passed up skydiving on my brothers dime a few years back. Im still on the fence if i want to force myself to do it or not.

Side thought, has anyone ever had levitation dreams? I have had a handful of dreams where i understand the ability to levitate. Its truly one of the best feelings and i still think we are able to do it if we can comprehend it. Same goes with bending items or using the force type stuff.

Page 11 of 139 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast