Page 107 of 139 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1386

Thread: 4 degrees warmer page 107

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    That's great; this is how the holidays should be. I also was able to have some time with family and relaxation, so very similar.

I got the best Christmas present ever, but I don't think I am ready to reveal what it is yet, especially on internet forums that some stalker-friends may peruse.

1 year older implies 1 year wiser
    What could it be?

I think I actually get less wise as I get older. Trying to get back my childlike theological disposition.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

RittenRemedy is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Emtropy View Post
    *furiously checks privilege*

(^can that be used as a euphemism?)
    WOW.

What the fuck, guys. I was gone for a weekend.

Not to bring the mood down, I FINALLY got to celebrate this elusive holiday you all were talking about. (Do you see how I am resisting the accent I don't actually have coming out? Imagine that plus alcohol.) It was awesome. I love my friends. Even though they are all returning to the land of the something in the next month... Wait a second... I promised to not bring the thread down... Oh, I bought a leg of lamb today, and the cashier was like, "What's this? I've never had it. How do you cook it."

"Like meat?"
    Last edited by RittenRemedy; 01-03-2014 at 11:32 AM.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    What could it be?

I think I actually get less wise as I get older. Trying to get back my childlike theological disposition.
    My Christmas present was a gift from God.

You can still have both theological theories are unproven so wisdom should not be mutually exclusive of that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    WOW.

What the fuck, guys. I was gone for a weekend.

Not to bring the mood down, I FINALLY got to celebrate this elusive holiday you all were talking about. (Do you see how I am resisting the accent I don't actually have coming out? Imagine that plus alcohol.) It was awesome. I love my friends. Even though they are all returning to the land of the something in the next month... Wait a second... I promised to not bring the thread down... Oh, I bought a leg of lamb today, and the cashier was like, "What's this? I've never had it. How do you cook it."

"Like meat?"
    Glad the spirit didn't elude you again. Glad you had a good time with friends.

Can't they see it's a hunk of meat? Jeez.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    My Christmas present was a gift from God.

You can still have both theological theories are unproven so wisdom should not be mutually exclusive of that.

Now you have me curious

For me, I find that theology proposes a number of answers to the questions that I must ask myself before I die.
    "Who am I?"
    "Where am I?"
    "Where will I go when I die?"

The other knowledge exists to decipher cosmic functions. Religion, and by extension theology, exists to decipher cosmic purpose and meaning. Theology adds a layer to my self awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Now you have me curious

For me, I find that theology proposes a number of answers to the questions that I must ask myself before I die.
    "Who am I?"
    "Where am I?"
    "Where will I go when I die?"

The other knowledge exists to decipher cosmic functions. Religion, and by extension theology, exists to decipher cosmic purpose and meaning. Theology adds a layer to my self awareness.
    Tehe

Still not sure how more wisdom leads to less childlike views on theology... unless you were making that point? @_@

Both are wisdom, and they don't necessarily oppose each other, but over the years I've adopted a very reductionist view of life.

You're gonna tell me what it is!

Boo

And no ;D Bits and pieces over time, Derp. Bits and pieces

diene is offline Senior Member
    Good points re racism a few pages back.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

I have a million more things to say on that particular subject