Page 10 of 136 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 degrees warmer page 10

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Her name was Naala
    Lion King?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    What's really weird is that thousands people report visiting similar places in dream time. When I first started astral projecting (spontaneously - never read anything about it, just started happening) I would always visit this one, really distinctive-looking place. I got to know it intimately. A few months later when I figured out what was happening to me, I started researching it and read loads of accounts from people describing the very same place...
    Well, that's pretty cool. Makes sense that if I'm hanging out in this house chatting with people, those people maybe are dreaming somewhere too.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Cat people, gotta like them! Awesome journal btw.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Lion King?
    You know it!

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Dear friends,

I'm going to be away for a few days, but I promise to be back and respond to all of you lovely people soon. Thanks for the kind words. :3

nihil

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    What's really weird is that thousands people report visiting similar places in dream time. When I first started astral projecting (spontaneously - never read anything about it, just started happening) I would always visit this one, really distinctive-looking place. I got to know it intimately. A few months later when I figured out what was happening to me, I started researching it and read loads of accounts from people describing the very same place...
    I'm one of the lucky ones. Had a recurring dream about a little girl who died in a shack on a beach. Several years later I visited a dam, it was the EXACT place. Except the shack was not there anymore, except in one of those picture plaque things. The dream was from the early 1900's, though, so it makes sense. I've also met a cliff and meadow that matched closely a dream scape, and a huge mossy roadside wall that triggers dream memories often. All of these places I discovered years after the dreams had come and gone.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derp
    Getting home, I barely felt like arguing about fat oxidation. Weird right? I managed to choke out a half-assed response anyway, just because, I can't let anyone get the last word on the internet.
    I would say that is the first sign that something is wrong. Seek professional care immediately.

I had a quasi- lucid dream the other night. For years I've had a recurring dream where I am at a beach, right up against the shore line, but right behind me is a large wall or some other kind of inpenitrable object. Large waves begin to crash on me (and usually there are others with me) but we are unable to escape because we are trapped in front of this large wall. Anywho, the other night I had this dream but afterwards I was walking with someone and said, "You know, I have a dream about that happening all the time."

'm going to be away for a few days, but I promise to be back and respond to all of you lovely people soon. Thanks for the kind words. :3
    I'll be thinking of you, fondly, frequently, fleetingly (because I have a short attention span) <3

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I think life is pointless, like Sisyphus pushing a boulder up a hill. Logically, I should just kill myself instead of waiting for death to hit me when it does, but my biological burden of self-preservation is pesky and keeps me alive. This is a problem.

"There is no self to kill, a city of gardens"

Having to work all weekend does a lot to kill one's mood. Plus this heat. This heat, plus wind. I spend 5 minutes pomping my hair, step outside, the wind blows it all to disorientation. I'm going to stop bothering to do that. Plus, I can't light my cigarettes, I have to huddle in some corner looking weird.
    Oh Derp, your journal is kinda depressing, you know. It's weird, because in here, there is a totally different ambiance--completely different from everyone else's journal. I'm not sure how that's possible since it's just a thread in the MDA forums. Can threads have an ambiance? Apparently so.

Your writing style is also well suited for stream-of-consciousness novels, but I think yours would probably be very depressing.

And I totally understand about the wind. I hated not being able to light my cigarettes back when I smoked.

I have to start keeping a dream journal again so I can remember my dreams better. I've been having some weird ones lately, but my memories of them are so fleeting that I pretty much forget them within minutes of waking up. Then sometimes something reminds me of them again, but I still can't remember them clearly. Usually all that's left is a feeling. The only way I can hang on to those memories is if I write them down right after waking, but my mornings are so hectic that it's hard to find time. *Sigh*

I tried some of that kratom stuff. it's too much like an opiate for my taste. (I dislike opiates--they put me in a stupor that I just don't like. Well, the only times opiates are good is when they put me in that waking dream state, which is pretty cool, but I can't always achieve that. It's more often just a stupor accompanied by mild nausea.) It's supposed to be a stimulant a low doses and opiate-like at high doses. I started low--2 grams but felt nothing. I waited about an hour then took another gram. Then it was an opiate-like feeling, complete with the nausea (only when I move around--again, like an opiate). Don't know how I skipped over the stimulant phase. It did give me vivid and strange dreams though, but I can't remember them now. I think next time I'll just take it right before bed to get the dreams without experiencing the high.

diene is offline Senior Member

It's almost like this is another level of reality, that really "exists", can only be accessed through our sub-consciousness.
    That's crazy awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post

My lucid dreams always feel like familiar places - there are houses, people and places that I know in the dream but not in real life. Always wondered if I would recognize those houses if I ran into them when awake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I'm one of the lucky ones. Had a recurring dream about a little girl who died in a shack on a beach. Several years later I visited a dam, it was the EXACT place. Except the shack was not there anymore, except in one of those picture plaque things. The dream was from the early 1900's, though, so it makes sense. I've also met a cliff and meadow that matched closely a dream scape, and a huge mossy roadside wall that triggers dream memories often. All of these places I discovered years after the dreams had come and gone.
    Wow, you guys all have such crazy dreams! I rarely see places in my dreams that clearly, unless they are places that I know in real life, in which case I'll know that that's where I am. I may notice that things look different in the dream than they do in real life, but if it's a place that I don't know in real life, then I don't notice/see it clearly. I think it has to do with the fact that I often don't pay attention to my surroundings in real life so I don't notice things unless I'm already familiar with the place.

I was into lucid dreaming for a while, but I never pursued it long enough to get anywhere. I got to the point where I'd realize that I'm dreaming, but every time I tried really hard to bend the dream (get it to do what I wanted), I always ended up waking myself up. I have to pick it up again though. It's so much fun.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ah, so you're getting into the lucid dreaming more! How's it going? Did you ever check out that website I sent you?

Love that fashion photograph btw. Bruno Dayan is amazing.
    It's going well. I'm visiting aspects of my past that I both do, and don't want to revisit. Except they're in different forms, and only by being awake and fully coherent, can I interpret the meaning. After writing it out immediately in my journal anyway. And, yup, but which one? You might want to refresh my memory.

Agreed.

This made me laugh. I can't really follow when you guys get into the minutiae of the science stuff, but get a kick out of the combo of heated Internet arguments and details so dry the letters start sliding all over the screen in senseless jumbles.

Those weren't my Oreos, but I like knowing there is a safe place for me to hang out if I eat The Sugar. Ice cream is my current food lover - so much variety! I have been eating a ton of it lately. I can't resist anything that has salted caramel as an ingredient.
    Haha, I try to add some sort of satirical touch to the science heavy posts, but it always ends up coming out boring anyway. When you dissect details, I guess it has that effect. Creativity is lost in science, at least that sort anyway.

Try rum raisin haagen daz, my favorite ice cream besides the coffee and green tea ones.

My lucid dreams always feel like familiar places - there are houses, people and places that I know in the dream but not in real life. Always wondered if I would recognize those houses if I ran into them when awake.
    That sense of deja vu? I always wonder if it's a memory based experience, correlated with dreams, or a neurological deficit related to improper electrical discharge in the brain. Sometimes, when falling asleep, or just during the day, I'll random experience a sharp electric sensation in my head, followed by a buzz. Never experienced deja vu proceeding it, but yeah, it does happen to me. Supposedly related to dissociative identity disorder, and or, anxiety, both of which I experience. My family has a history of it, plus other mental health issues like schizophrenia(ancestors, it supposedly hasn't gone down the line far enough within the last century, but who knows)

Meh, dreams are for fuckin and alien invansions.

Derp, my second to last cat looked exactly like yours. Her name was Naala and she was fully potty trained to go outside, such a great cat.
    Both of which exist in my dreams, except the aliens are already here. We talked about that in PM.

Cat people, gotta like them! Awesome journal btw.
    :3

Thanks!

I would say that is the first sign that something is wrong. Seek professional care immediately.

I had a quasi- lucid dream the other night. For years I've had a recurring dream where I am at a beach, right up against the shore line, but right behind me is a large wall or some other kind of inpenitrable object. Large waves begin to crash on me (and usually there are others with me) but we are unable to escape because we are trapped in front of this large wall. Anywho, the other night I had this dream but afterwards I was walking with someone and said, "You know, I have a dream about that happening all the time."
    Really? That's the first sign out of everything else wrong with me? Oh, but I'm not crazy, everyone else is.

There are signs in dreams, that obviously correlate with how you're feeling in reality. What do you think yours means going by how you feel in reality?

I'll be thinking of you, fondly, frequently, fleetingly (because I have a short attention span) <3
    <3

Fleeting feelings are the best ones, doesn't give you enough time to get sick of them.

Oh Derp, your journal is kinda depressing, you know. It's weird, because in here, there is a totally different ambiance--completely different from everyone else's journal. I'm not sure how that's possible since it's just a thread in the MDA forums. Can threads have an ambiance? Apparently so.

Your writing style is also well suited for stream-of-consciousness novels, but I think yours would probably be very depressing.

And I totally understand about the wind. I hated not being able to light my cigarettes back when I smoked.

I have to start keeping a dream journal again so I can remember my dreams better. I've been having some weird ones lately, but my memories of them are so fleeting that I pretty much forget them within minutes of waking up. Then sometimes something reminds me of them again, but I still can't remember them clearly. Usually all that's left is a feeling. The only way I can hang on to those memories is if I write them down right after waking, but my mornings are so hectic that it's hard to find time. *Sigh*

I tried some of that kratom stuff. it's too much like an opiate for my taste. (I dislike opiates--they put me in a stupor that I just don't like. Well, the only times opiates are good is when they put me in that waking dream state, which is pretty cool, but I can't always achieve that. It's more often just a stupor accompanied by mild nausea.) It's supposed to be a stimulant a low doses and opiate-like at high doses. I started low--2 grams but felt nothing. I waited about an hour then took another gram. Then it was an opiate-like feeling, complete with the nausea (only when I move around--again, like an opiate). Don't know how I skipped over the stimulant phase. It did give me vivid and strange dreams though, but I can't remember them now. I think next time I'll just take it right before bed to get the dreams without experiencing the high.
    I think most things carry a different ambiance, like other journals, you can usually tell when a person is struggling with something, or if they're ignorant, jolly, carefree, caring, etc;

My ambiance is probably pretty dark, I have that sort of persona, and it's always carried over to everything about me in some way. I don't try to hide it, embracing it has led to all sorts of personal revelations with myself.

"I have one word to say upon the subject of profound writers, who are grown very numerous of late, and I know very well the judicious world is resolved to list me in that number. I conceive, therefore, as to the business of being profound, that it is with writers as with wells--a person with good eyes can see to the bottom of the deepest, provided any water be there; and that often when there is nothing in the world at the bottom besides dryness and dirt, though it be but a yard and half under ground it shall pass, however, for wondrous deep, upon no wiser a reason than because it is wondrous dark"

--Jonathan Swift, A Tale of a Tub

I'm not very good with stream-of-consciousness writing though, I have a hard time not picking and choosing words when I write them. It actually takes a good deal of talent to do that, it's a lot more difficult than it seems. I'm afraid if I were to do that it would just be an incomprehensible mess.

We could use these journals to document our dreams, would be interesting to see what we all dream of.

Ah, kratom, I share in your experience of the stupor -- I even wrote ridiculous things on this forum, I was absolutely smashed like nothing else, haha. I smoked it in a rolled cigarette, which reminds me that I need to try that with a piracetam, opiate, tobacco, caffeine stack. Should be interesting. I think it does have a good anti-anxiety feel to it though. I like to keep my eyes closed for as long as possible after I smoke it, so that it feels like a moving picture film. I can't remember how much I smoked, but it was a lot, so yeah, definitely opiate like high.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 06-04-2013 at 08:30 PM.
    nihil

Page 10 of 136 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast