Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tobacco (Cigars) page 3

Victoria is offline Senior Member
    I smoke the odd one occasionally, and my husband is a real cigar aficionado. We also have a hookah pipe, which is fun.

I only smoke on the odd occasion, once a month, once every 3 months, or so. My husband smokes one every night in Baghdad, but when he gets home it might reduce.
    "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

Harry Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantera View Post
    tobacco is a new world plant, so post-Grok.
    Nicotine is really harmful, regardless of method of delivery (smoked or not).

I used to smoke a pack a day and managed to quit. It's hard but worth it. I tried cigars, pipe, snus and other tobacco products (shisha). Some may be slightly less harmful than others, but they are all bad. I read somewhere that to match the extra heart disease risk from smoking I would have to gain ~ 75lbs. Think about that.
    Indians may have come to the new world shortly before agriculture started in a few old world places. But most Indians, like most other people around the world, remained Groks for a long time, in some cases until the 19th century. However, tobacco use may have started around the time some Indian cultures started farming. Not much seems to be known.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123