Thread: My DH dropped a pants size without trying page

Annieh is offline Senior Member

My DH dropped a pants size without trying

I've been eating primally for almost a year and so of course I have radically changed the way I shop and cook. As a result, my husband has had to come along for the ride, and I would say his diet would be approx 50% primal, maybe more on some days. As in, I cook a primal dinner, sometimes pack or cook a primal lunch, and have changed the muesli and yoghurt that he eats for breakfast. He plays golf twice a week but not much other exercise that I'm aware of. I can see that his health is improving and I suspected that he was looking a little more trim.

Anyway, he needed new jeans and when he got them home yesterday realised they were a size smaller than his old ones but they fit great. He himself is kind of fond of his middle aged spread and is not actively trying to lose weight because he fears looking weedy. But still, eating this way the excess fat just can't help but go.

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    So cute! My DH is also 50%+ primal by association and he has lost 45 lbs fairly painlessly with calorie counting. He has gone from a 38" waist to a 32" waist so fast he can hardly keep himself in properly fitting pants. He just does a few bodyweight exercises and is on his way to a 6-pack. He's getting positively vain about his abs! Of course, he gets plenty of positive feedback, lol.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    That's a huge change for your dh. Well done to both of you. How did he get interested in doing the exercises?

My dh is of a naturally very long and slight build and so he liked that he gained weight, he does not seem to care at all that it is basically only fat and not good for him. I would love for him to feel as great as I do and I think he would feel better about himself if he built himself up a bit. I dare not suggest it as it would seem I like I'm not accepting him (which I do).

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    I'm not sure what motivated him to start with the exercise. He's much better about it than I am. It was actually a bit of a surprise to me because he's a nerdy scientist who never showed any interest in looking a particular way. I agree with you that there isn't really a good way to encourage it without sounding critical.

He will probably never be really muscular though. He also has a slighter sort of build. But his body fat is low enough now that some definition is starting to show. Even though you can't really tell when he's wearing clothing, I think it has helped his confidence in general. He does have more of an alpha air about him now.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

WaylandC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Maybe he's secretly been reading NerdFitness.com