Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help with sleep page

gaston095 is offline Junior Member

help with sleep

Primal Fuel
    Hi,

I haven't been getting a full night sleep since I started university 2 months ago. I usually go to bed at 12 o'clock and then I wake up at 3, 5 y and 6, when I finally have to get up.

Then I usually follow by a 90 minute nap about 2 pm.

The problem is I train boxing from 9 pm to 10.30 pm three times a week, and I have to wake up at 6 am to get ready to study. So I can't get a full sleep block. And even though I had the time, I can't sleep for more than 3 hours without waking up.

How do I reset my Circadian rhythm? I want to get a full night sleep.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    I'm sure you have looked at all the standard suggestions. I would just point out that sleeping we may not be programmed to sleep 8 straight hours. Mark has blogged about this but I don't have the reference right now.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

thanks for the answer,

Yes I've read about polyphasic and biphasic sleep here but I can't even get 3 consecutive hours. How about staying up all night and skip nap the next day?

I've tried staying 24 hours with a nap the following day, and that didn't work

StephenHLi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gaston095 View Post
    Hi,

I haven't been getting a full night sleep since I started university 2 months ago. I usually go to bed at 12 o'clock and then I wake up at 3, 5 y and 6, when I finally have to get up.

Then I usually follow by a 90 minute nap about 2 pm.

The problem is I train boxing from 9 pm to 10.30 pm three times a week, and I have to wake up at 6 am to get ready to study. So I can't get a full sleep block. And even though I had the time, I can't sleep for more than 3 hours without waking up.

How do I reset my Circadian rhythm? I want to get a full night sleep.
    Your 9pm to 10:30pm boxing training, have you always trained at this time or just since you got to university?

Owen is offline Senior Member
    Can you train earlier in the day? This would help.

I started boxing a week ago, and the only difference was that I was able to sleep a longer nap (1.5 hours).

paleodog is offline Senior Member
    I have found that for me if I do any kind of intense physical activity too late in the evening it messes with my sleep. I think that I get too jacked up and have a hard time getting my body/metabolism to come down from the intense physical activity at a time when I should be winding down in preparation for sleep. That's just me.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Ditch that training schedule. It's not worth it. Limit screen time before bed or install a program like f.lux that turns the light of your screen reddish. Use your bedroom for nothing but sleeping.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    could you describe your normal sleep pattern pre university please?
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think I could sleep from 11 to 8 am (during holidays).

Last year in high school I could sleep from 10 to 6.30 am and exercise in the morning ( 6.30) (1 hour before sunrise).

I didn't have any sleep problems at all.

Now, despite training at night with artificial light, I can finally sleep 1 hour afterwards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast