Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help with sleep page 2

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Okay, well I was going to give you some information and suggestions but then noticed in an early thread before university that you were interested in biphasic sleep and now this is what you've got and i doubt it magically appeared.
    If this is what you want to do its pretty incompatible with normalising a sleep pattern and resetting the body clock. You need to decide the approach you want to take.
    I do a lot of work with people with disturbed sleep but don't like to waste my time so I don't work with people who have other agendas
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

gaston095 is offline Junior Member
    I never really went into biphasic sleep, I just tried but it was really hard to sleep early, and was too tired to be awake at 3 am or so.

By the way, is biphasic sleep incompatible with a normal sleep pattern?

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    because it isn't a normal sleep pattern and you cant squash it into that box. It doesn't respond to the same cues. Your sleep currently seems polyphasic. body builders seem to be the only ones who try to develop it as a pattern so maybe they can help with that. Some people are naturally biphasic and many of them want to change because they get out of step with their families. It causes a lot of tension in a relationship when you wake your partner up night after night.
    Thats why I suggest you decide what you want to do.
    circadian rhythms have an approximate 24-hour period and don't depend on external cues but can reset by exposure to external stimuli. Most people attain their best-quality sleep during their chronotype determined sleep periods and that's what resetting circadian rhythms aims to do.
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Sandman is offline Member
    Any major change in your life will result in an adjustment period that is likely to be marked with sleep difficulty. If it doesn't pass after a couple of months, then it's time to re-think your approach.

One thing to note, I don't know your age, but if you're in your late teens or early 20s, your circadian rhythm is typically shifted later than older adults. This means you might not be as tired earlier in the evening, and will feel more tired waking early for school.

Any exercise that gets your heart rate elevated close to bedtime is a no-no if you struggle initiating or maintaining sleep. Best to find an earlier time in the day for it.
    My blog: Regular Guy Paleo and please feel free to "like" my Facebook page.

tomorrow ill try boxing classes at 5 pm.

SeaHorse is offline Senior Member
    See this about sleep, no 8 hours needed at all.... BBC News - The myth of the eight-hour sleep.
    Funny, I always did something like this and always promised myself to reorganize my pattern asap and always failed and thought I was so wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by SeaHorse View Post
    See this about sleep, no 8 hours needed at all.... BBC News - The myth of the eight-hour sleep.
    Funny, I always did something like this and always promised myself to reorganize my pattern asap and always failed and thought I was so wrong...
    I don't really care if 8 hours or 7 but at least more than 6.

anyway from what I can remember, I think my ideal sleep time is exactly 7 straight hours, but haven't slept that much in a looong time

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, I've been going to bed at 9 o'clock , only difference was another wake up time, at 1 am haha.

Besides, Now i feel awfully tired 'till 9 clock in the morning, but from 9 to 13 (at 14 is nap time :P) I feel really energetic, as if I had been drinking redbull or something :P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12