Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two new Primals. page 2

Bird Goddess is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My boyfriend is almost a month into try Primal - his idea! His boss has seen the results and now he and his girlfriend are trying it - slowly giving up the sugar/grains and seeing results. The boss is so fired up he is making plans for grad school and other activities!

livingprimal is offline Senior Member
    I don't have any full blown converts yet, but I am making progress with some folks. I find the hardest thing for people to get over is that its ok to eat fat. Most of my friends are still stuck on the idea of fat makes you fat. But, I've been able to convert my best friend over to buying only grass-fed beef. She has in turn gotten three of her co-workers on the wagon too. Ran into a friend last night that I haven't seen in almost a year, and we had a great time talking about the primal lifestyle and found that we so similar in our eating habits: we both eat only grass-fed, organic produce and we both share the movie Food Inc with anybody who will watch. My friends used to think I was the crazy one for my primal lifestyle, now they are starting to get it. Baby steps for now, but when they are ready, I'll be there.

MountainDew is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by groquette View Post
    That's a fairly sweeping statement you have there! My experience suggests a fairly even male/female distribution in the vegan/vegetarian leanings.
    I'm just going by my experience .

I honestly do not know one male that's a vegetarian/vegan.

groquette is offline Senior Member
    I know tons of families that are vegetarian/vegan. In a couple of cases, the whole family is vegetarian because the father is -- the rest are going are along for the ride. Of the 4 vegetarians I work with, 2 are male, 2 are female.

Anand Srivastava is offline Senior Member
    Eating primal is difficult in India. Its the Vegetarian country.
    I have succeeded in pursuading one person to eat meat. But that is occasional. I don't know how he is progressing now, been out of touch for long.
    I would be happy if only people stopped using refined oil and reduced sugar a lot. But that is asking a lot here.

Helen in Oz is offline Senior Member
    Well even at my 'normal' weight my (all rather large) family keeps telling me I'm not looking after myself. They hug me and say "hmm, you're not getting any bigger, are you?" and now I've (unintentionally) almost dropped a dress size. So I think they'll assume that I've just got an eating disorder.

I might start mentioning it on my Facebook page a bit, just as an aside, to see if it catches anyone's attention. You never know your luck. Maybe I'll get an extra copy of the book so I have a spare to lend out!

Kev
    Kev is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen in Oz View Post
    I might start mentioning it on my Facebook page a bit, just as an aside, to see if it catches anyone's attention. You never know your luck. Maybe I'll get an extra copy of the book so I have a spare to lend out!
    I have two copies of the book, both are on loan and I have another friend wanting to read it when I get a copy back.
    Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Gathwh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have found success in introducing people to the primal lifestyle. I haven't put anyone into the primal diet though. I generally encourage people to get adequate sleep, eat real food, and show them primal exercises like barefoot running, MovNat, and see positive results.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12