Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Say 10 random things about yourself! page 9

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks FW. I ordered A Wild Sheep Chase from my library.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    okay I'll play
    1. Thus far I've spent the first half of my life in Europe and the second one in the US
    2. I don't have any tattoos
    3. I've never used any illegal substances. I now, I know I'm too vanilla
    4. I love my cat as much as I love my only child. Is that supposed to be embarrassing?
    5. I've never broken a bone
    6. I don't have the attention span to sit and watch an entire movie, but I have read many books
    7. I speak several languages fluently
    8. I like to watch geeky stuff on TV (and not much else)
    9. I love to cook, but absolutely hate to bake
    10. I'm a total neat freak. Borderline OCD maybe

Jorjor is offline Member
    I ride horses competitively
    I can't snap or whistle
    I have a minor phobia of dead fish(particularly when they're floating)
    I have ADD
    I can sit bow-legged
    I have no appendix
    I can't touch my toes
    I get excited whenever I get on the scale see that I've gained weight

That's all I got, lol.
    Last edited by Jorjor; 05-30-2013 at 05:22 PM.

Bifcus is offline Senior Member
    1. My heart is in the wrong place. Physically.
    2. I can't drive and have never held a drivers license. I'm 52. I did have a driving test once. It was so traumatic I never went back. I still intend doing it, one day.
    3. I am an active member in a car club and several on line vehicle related forums.
    4. I was 48 before I got my ears pierced, as mum had forbidden it when I was young. She had hers pierced about 10 years before I did.
    5. I have an ancestor who was transported as a sheep thief. My family wasn't posh enough to steal horses.
    6. I can get up in the night to attend to my cats without remembering it in the morning. Learnt to do this as a child.
    7. I like to read. At primary school I would borrow my permitted three books a night, then return them, read, the next day. By high school I would read translations of ancient Greek plays, or Nietzsche, because I wanted a challenge.
    8. I still don't understand Nietzsche.
    9. By day I am the classic middle manager - responsible, sensible, moved from IT to Corporate type services.
    10. By night I listen to heavy rock/metal, and queue up with the kiddies to go to Emo concerts, where I am better than them at elbowing my way to the front barrier. That's if I haven't got special access through fan club memberships.....

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    1. I can break dance.
    2. I can deal from the bottom of a deck of cards.
    3. I have an extreme shoe\clothes fetish.
    4. I'm an alcoholic.
    5. I no longer drink.
    6. I love cigars.
    7. I love all things HiFi
    8. I'm lazy
    9. I miss my Mom everyday (she died almost 4 years ago - cancer).
    10. I have a 2 year old daughter who completely fascinates me and just the thought of her makes my day instantly better.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Green Deane Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I also love the smells of gasoline and rubber. I like walking along the freeway for that reason.
    I must admit I have always like the smell of gasoline fresh from the underground tank. Of course I avoid it completely but it is an odd smell to like...

Green Deane Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post
    I think that's the first time I've ever heard someone say teachers were overpaid.

M.
    Many, many years ago I was working as a journalist on a daily paper when the teachers went on strike for more money. Two of them came to the paper to state their case. Like me they both had master's degrees but unlike me they were making twice what I was making. The thought did cross my mind as to how objective I could be about them wanting more money when I was as qualified (one of my degress is in education) yet they were make twice what I was making... and they worked less hours.

Every year public school teachers teach less. They are more involved with social engineering and political correctness than education. And every year their end product is worse. If school systems were businesses they would have gone out of business long ago. This is why I think few initaitives to increase their salaries are successful.

One solution it to stop making education compulsory. That way you get rid of those who don't want to be there and can easily get rid of those who shouldn't be there. Classroom crowding is solved, and less students means a better education for the kids who do want to go. We spend billions canking out millions of kids who can't read or write let alone other things. By getting rid of compulsory eduation we would still have millions of kids who can't read or write but we'd save billions while improving the education for the rest.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Deane View Post

One solution it to stop making education compulsory. That way you get rid of those who don't want to be there and can easily get rid of those who shouldn't be there. Classroom crowding is solved, and less students means a better education for the kids who do want to go. We spend billions canking out millions of kids who can't read or write let alone other things. By getting rid of compulsory eduation we would still have millions of kids who can't read or write but we'd save billions while improving the education for the rest.
    I agree school should not be compulsory. BTW in most states you are free not to send your child to the public school; our son is happily unschooled.
    The thing people get confused about is that they think the purpose of school is to educate children, this is not their purpose. They way to understand the intention of school is to look at what they do accomplish and then you will see that school is doing a pretty good job of what it's designed to do; create a passive population that differs to authority, that doesn't know it's own history and is confused about the system we live, in among other things.

Schooling: The Hidden Agenda

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    The problem I see with non-compulsory education are dipshit parents who refuse to get their kid to school because they don't feel like it.

M.

canio6 Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post
    The problem I see with non-compulsory education are dipshit parents who refuse to get their kid to school because they don't feel like it.

M.
    The problem with cumpulsory education is that dipshit parents, who should never have bred in the first place, send their dipshit kids to school, when they don't want to go, and ruin it for those who actually might want to accomplish something. Well, that is one of the problems.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast