Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Say 10 random things about yourself! page 5

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've been around here a long time and I post too darn much. (Some of you already know too much, so I guess I'll have to kill you.)

1) I am an only child but not a spoiled brat (IMO).

2) My Family has a pet Nubian goat named Sonic (after the hedgehog).

3) I spent my junior year of High School in Izmir, Turkey.

4) I almost died in a terrorist bombing at age 16 while in Turkey.

5) I am a pretty darn good amateur Genealogist

6) I am related to Eli Whitney; not sure if I should be proud of that or not.

7) I am certified to teach Spanish and Social Studies. One year I taught a Global Studies course in both Spanish and English.

8) I still love the Bay City Rollers.

9) Since the Primal Blueprint gave me my life back, I have taken up belly dancing, have performed in three musicals and have sung with an all teacher rock band at my HS.

10) I loved the rock band experience above so much that I intend to either join a band or form one of my own ASAP.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Badkty22 is offline Senior Member
    1. Easy one first- I have two dogs, a boston terrier and a havanese. Love em both to death, even though they drive me nuts.
    2. First job was as a pink Power Ranger at children's birthday parties.
    3. Even though I am right-handed, I can only play "Guitar Hero" on lefty mode.
    4. I have a cardboard movie theater style standee of Dr Lecter from "Silence of the Lambs"
    5. I sometimes decorate Dr. Lecter for Christmas by putting a Santa hat on him and lights on the cardboard prison bars he stands behind. It is very festive.
    6. I have a BA in Economics, solely because it had the fewest number of required classes to graduate. Poor life decisions FTW!
    7. I'm utterly devastated that Kellogg's just lost the class action lawsuit regarding their claims about Frosted Mini Wheats improving cognitive function and memory. Next they'll be telling us Pop Tarts aren't part of a healthy balanced breakfast.
    8. I'm easily distracted.
    9. I've never done any drugs, including pot. That in and of itself isn't very interesting, until I mention I dated a pot dealer for about 9 months. He was easily his own best customer. Not the only thing he was addicted to, either. Oy.
    10. I worked seasonally at See's Candies about 10 years ago, and I would eat handfuls of candy every day for lunch. You could say I have a slight sweet tooth problem.

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    1. I grew up in the 80s and believe it was the greatest decade of human existence. I'm obsessed with the pop culture, especially the music.

2. My childhood home had carpeted walls; the house was not purchased with that feature!

3. I failed eighth grade twice and was only promoted to ninth because the law doesn't allow a student to be failed three consecutive times. I failed the ninth grade, then officially quit the second time. My failures weren't due to incompetence but due to noncompliance and absenteeism.

4. I love scents that others find repulsive: gasoline, diesel fumes, musty basements, asphalt, automotive garages, and rubber.

5. Due to my love of rubber, I deliberately stroll through the automotive department in stores that carry tires just so I can sniff the tires.

6. I bite my nails.

7. I have never had a "real" job.

8. My parents owned an old fashioned cider mill for decades, as well as an ice cream stand and commercial greenhouses. I've done web development and Internet marketing for close to 15 years now, but hope to one day open businesses similar to what I grew up with.

9. Our cats and dog all have nicknames and their own theme songs.

10. We have a gorgeous view of the Hudson River from our house.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    4. I love scents that others find repulsive: gasoline, diesel fumes, musty basements, asphalt, automotive garages, and rubber.

5. Due to my love of rubber, I deliberately stroll through the automotive department in stores that carry tires just so I can sniff the tires.
    I know this is going to sound a little odd... but have you ever smelled the perfume Bulgari Black?
    It's one of my favorites... though it's considered a "man" perfume. Whatever that's supposed to mean.

It smells of burnt rubber, dirty leather, and woody vanilla. And it's gorgeous.
    You might just like it. A little tire smell with you all the time.
    And it's not expensive either.

I like weird smells too... I guess.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I also love the smells of gasoline and rubber. I like walking along the freeway for that reason.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Aldergirl is online now Senior Member
    I love the smell of bandaids. I guess this isn't normal...

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I know this is going to sound a little odd... but have you ever smelled the perfume Bulgari Black?
    It's one of my favorites... though it's considered a "man" perfume. Whatever that's supposed to mean.

It smells of burnt rubber, dirty leather, and woody vanilla. And it's gorgeous.
    You might just like it. A little tire smell with you all the time.
    And it's not expensive either.

I like weird smells too... I guess.
    Sounds delightful. I'll have to give it a sniff sometime!

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I also love the smells of gasoline and rubber. I like walking along the freeway for that reason.
    Mmmmm.. Hot asphalt and rubber. Yummy walk.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    1. I hate dogs, cats, driving and wearing black.
    2. I can hang wallpaper - to me it's like dressmaking.
    3. I buy most of my clothes at the op shop for 50c to $2 per item.
    4. I still live in the same town where I was born 48 years ago.
    5. My children are so much brighter and more talented than I ever was that sometimes it scares me.
    6. Our family conversations frequently echo the phrases of childhood story books that we all know by heart.
    7. I started learning spanish in order to make a two-week trip to mexico, and kept it up for several years afterwards.
    8. I want to learn to make soap.
    9. I can't think of 10 things to write about myself.
    10. Is there such a thing as adult-onset ADD?

shonieb33 is offline Junior Member
    1) I am new to this forum and hope to stick around, as I don't have much of a life.. lol! (not really, I have one... kind of)
    2) I am 40yrs old and I still don't have a degree because I haven't known what I wanted to be when I grew up, until recently.
    3) I am mostly happy
    4) I had babies young and my babies have babies--- I'm a gma!!! (what can I say, I did things a little backwards.)
    5) I too, am left handed
    6) I don't drink or smoke
    7) I wish I loved to go to the gym, but I don't. I would rather do a simple hike, be at the ocean or roller-skate.
    8) I like food and I like to eat.
    9) I don't like to watch T.V. much
    10) I will be going back to school in the fall.

PEACE~
    S.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast