1.)Sometimes I just like/want/need to drive with the windows down and the radio up, with no particular destination. (It has been too long since I felt comfortable doing this due to brain issues and it makes me very sad, like I'm missing part of me.)
2.)Chartreuse, olive, avocado, GREENs! ---> favorite colors my whole entire life. The glow of sunlight through leaves is breathtaking.
3.)The common toad is my favorite underdog animal. I absolutely adore them.
4.)Speaking of dogs... I have 3 of various ages, rescues. A schnauzer, a mutt/terrier, and a white GSD. Dogs and people just belong together. It's unlikely that my home will ever be without a rescue dog or GSD.
5.) I'm 40 and retired... I've been "retired" for 15 years. Being retired is code for medically disabled, and not all it's cracked up to be. Not at all...
6.)I actually enjoy doing things many people consider tedious. So if a project requires precision and fussing I'm in, and really involved in a hyperfocused way. Unless it's dusting baseboards type of tedious... then not so much.
7.)I have a rampant lip butter/lip gloss addiction. Rampant.
8.)I recently reconnected with extended family members that make me feel like I actually have a family again in a way that is safe that I have never actually felt before. For me "safe" and "family" are not synonymous, so this is really different.
9.)I am a font of useless information. I'm usually the person in the room that will answer the question that someone asks that no one was expecting or wanting an answer to... but I'm just rattling on all nerdy.
10.)This stems from my love of reading pretty much anything literature or science(voracious reading in general, can't forget the fantasy and scifi too), and watching scientific documentaries since I was a small child.
“You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.
"Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine
Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.
Reading about all of you is SO interesting...
1. I'm a Registered Dietitian, trained in the low fat "cutting edge" heyday of the early 80's. But don't hold that against me - I've come to understand the error of my training. That's why I'm here...
2. I live within sight of Georgian Bay and 25 minutes drive from Lake Huron in the middle of the Great Lakes. Truly blessed.
3. My dream piece of exercise equipment is an Ellipitgo. It's a stand up bike. I saw one about 2 years ago at a race expo and have wanted one ever since. But at $2500, it's still somewhere in my future.
4. I'm of English and Canadian background and hubby is first generation German. My kids have one Grampa who was in the Royal Canadian Air Force, on loan to the RAF during WW2, and the other Grampa was in the Luftwaffe.
5. I am a co-pastor in my local congregation. It's a lay minister position. I've just finished a course that would let me perform marriages. My church is very open and progressive and I'm darn proud of it!
6. I've been to Guatemala 6 times now. Four trips were with a development group, two were on my own. I was the queen of the cement-mixing crew on most of the building projects.
7. I have no dogs or cats, unlike most of you so far, due to hubby's severe asthma-type allergies. But I now have 6 laying hens in my back yard, an enormous turtle in a tank in my basement and am currently babysitting my older son's python for the summer. Guess what his name is?
8. We raised our children without any cable TV. They had videos, but were raised to play outside, use their minds, read voraciously. It worked - older son is on his way to a PhD in nuclear physics!
9. I lost my mom when I was 18 to metastasized breast cancer. She was 55, had it the first time at 45. I'm now 53 - makes me grateful for my disgustingly good health.
10. I love liver. Always have. I ate it once a week when I was a kid - it was economical. German hubby can't do straight liver, though he eats liverwurst, liver pate, liver any other way. Oh, well, I eat a big feed of it when he's away...
Well since I am new to the forum and this s only my second post no one knows anything yet o here goes:
1- I live in Texas
2- I love animals and currently have a hybrid Savannah cat that loves me cooking all this meat because she gets to share.
3- I live for my family which consists of myself, my husband, and our 2 grown daughters.
4- I am waiting to get my car back. It is currently being repaired from being rear ended.
5- I have now been rear ended 3 times in 26 months!
6- I love the beach!
7- for all the time I spend outside I was shocked to find out that I have low Vit D.
8- I have a lot of stress going on right now so am finding it hard to stay away from crappy "comfort" food so can't wait until I get the kindle version of the new book,
9- I hate being bored!
10- I would love to find a new job, new career.
Everyone is so interesting! I am a bore, but I will share in the spirit of the thread.
1. I love to sing (80's stuff mostly), and can remember most words of songs, but can rarely tell you who sang the songs originally.
2. Even in my 40's, I still want to grow up to be Xena: Warrior Princess or Wonder Woman.
3. I have no friends that I "hang" with. I am very much a homebody.
4. I used to be the head of security at a hospital, and was truly in love with my job!
5. I once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.
6. Although I don't lie much, I do when I think it's funny (see #5).
7. I am into serial killers and zombies, and am looking forward to any apocalypse.
8. I dream about how to spend money that I would like to win in a state lottery.
9. I think being a Stepford wife is cool.
10. I think that David Tennent was the best Doctor.
1. I'm really good at untangling knots.
2. I have a BFA in drawing and I'm not very good at drawing.
3. I'm unambitious.
4. I'm very fond of ravens, wouldn't mind being reincarnated as one (if that's an option).
5. I think humans are probably the only superfluous species.
6. I once spent a Summer working in a fish factory in one of the most northern villages in Norway. Hitchhiked there, when I left I hitchhiked a ride on fishing boat that proceeded to go further north before heading south.
7. I have a soft spot for difficult people and romantic idealists.
8. I love James Joyce's The Dead and yet to meet anyone who appreciates it. The movie is also very good, though I've been told "a little slow".
9. I can cook just about anything.
10. I make felted animal masks that are quite realistic.
I have vitiligo
I can do a huge slew of stupid human tricks, crossing one eye at a time, wiggling one ear at a time, wiggle my nose like a bunny - there are extremely few muscles I haven't isolated.
I can meditate to produce bowel movements voluntarily. Again, most of my crazy body skills come from activating muscles most people haven't discovered they posess.
I am stunted from ritalin. I'm 5'9" and wear a size 12 shoe. Didn't grow for almost four years there, weighed 82 pounds from the age of ten to 14, then gained 100 pounds in one year, my lifelong setpoint weight of 182, where I sit today, mostly muscle...used to be mostly chub and much heavier, but we all have that story!
Growing up, I moved almost twice per year for most of my formative years, just because my parents were poverty-ridden flea bags who knew nothing else.
I test HIGH on the asperger's screening quizzes, and my wife is even more aspie than me! Our child may well be non-verbal.
I never lost a spelling bee. Ever.
Numbers are actually colors, but change by grouping. 3,8, and 5 are green to blue, while 7, 2 and 5 can easily be red or yellow. 5, in those two examples, takes on a different hue based on associated numerals.
I CANNOT learn math. Anything above algebra one or two I cannot learn.
When I'm about to be injured badly, or think I am, I taste a smell sort of like burnt raspberries and tinfoil. Just for a few seconds.
I rarely sit down on a bike ride. I stand to rest and stand to pedal, only sit occasionally for variety.3. My dream piece of exercise equipment is an Ellipitgo. It's a stand up bike. I saw one about 2 years ago at a race expo and have wanted one ever since. But at $2500, it's still somewhere in my future
Last edited by Knifegill; 05-25-2013 at 11:06 PM.
The remainder is an unjustifiable, egotistical power struggle
At the expense of the American dream, American dream
Of the American
We don`t give a damn about your world
With all your global profits
And all your jeweled pearls
We don`t give a damn about your world
Right now, right now!
0) I am a short fellow, standing only 5'3".
1) One inch of that height is due to being a toe-walker.
2) I am a big fan of tea, teaware and associated topics.
3) I have not selected a favorite tea, but it's a split between Zheng He whites (of all type) and gongfu blacks.
4) I practice historical European martial arts.
5) I don't like the idea of spending a lot of money on cars, so I bike everywhere or take mass transit.
6) I currently work as an I.T. guy on a Naval Air Base.
7) I am a sometimes GURPS game master.
8) I am considering buying land and building a smallhouse instead of a regular house.
9) I quit alcohol completely due to (undeserved) accusations of being an alcoholic.
1) I complain too much.
2) I've broken each of my baby toes at least twice.
3) I dropped a knife which landed point down on the top my right foot 2 years ago while I was cooking barefoot and it hit a nerve, I still get tingling between my toes when I wear flip flops.
4) I've been to China and participated in a tai chi competition.
5) I was born with a congenital hip defect and my hips are asymmetrical - one hip is nicely rounded and the other is straight.
6) I'm lazy when it comes to doing things around the house, but I'm a dynamo at work. My house is a dump and my desk at work is neat.
7) I have no friends, except my husband and children, I wish I could find someone to hang out with sometimes.
8) I have twin daughters who were a complete surprise to both me and my doctor (only expected one baby to pop out).
9) I hate stupid people.
10) I've watched Big Trouble in Little China a bazillion times.