Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Say 10 random things about yourself! page 2

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by chronyx View Post
    4. My mood is ridiculously tied to the weather. Living in the UK over the past few years has therefore been...challenging.
    6. I've been to Chernobyl.
    10. I have no fillings in my teeth (Aged 28 in the UK that's an achievement)
    -Ugh, me too. Lots of Vitamin D helps!
    -Wow! What was it like?
    -I'm 25 and have never had a cavity or filling. Only dental work has been gum grafts due to too much sugar as a kid/teen (less than most, still) and genetics, beyond the usual cleanings.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    -Ugh, me too. Lots of Vitamin D helps!
    -Wow! What was it like?
    -I'm 25 and have never had a cavity or filling. Only dental work has been gum grafts due to too much sugar as a kid/teen (less than most, still) and genetics, beyond the usual cleanings.
    A bottle of 10,000 IU capsules arrived today

I was there as part of a motorbike for a charity that helps children affected by the nuclear accident - the town itself (Prypiat) is so far gone now that parts of it didn't have much 'feel' left to them - it was like walking through a construction site. 25 years of neglect, vandalism and looting will do that! Some places were amazing - there was an old motoring store still with stock there, and a hotel that was crumbling away. I broke off from the tour and had a look around some old houses - that was eerie.

Few pics here!: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=13ff8e4f95

Nice job on the tooth care, nameless

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    Do you have pictures from Antarctica? I wanna see 'em!
    Actually that is going to be part of the South America trip I am planning so I guess I counted it in w/ s. America. I've seen all the other ones.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Oh, crap. This is going to be odd.

1. I'm the 2nd oldest person doing my job in the entire state.
    2. I'm a soprano, but I usually sing alto because I sight-read music so well.
    3. I also have played violin, bassoon and glockenspiel.
    4. At about age 10, I discovered a dead body (my mom's best friend's son committed suicide) but didn't find out until I was in my 30s when my mom brought it up and I had no clue what she was talking about.
    5. I've had 7 concussions, 5 of them before I was a teenager and 2 as an adult, and all but one knocking me out completely.
    6. I once tried out for cheerleader in a torn Iron Maiden tee and a chain belt just to be obnoxious (I don't cheer).
    7. I'm double jointed and didn't know until my doctor told me a few months ago at the age of 48.
    8. I don't try to, but if I'm around someone with an accent, I'll pick it up as my own.
    9. I can touch my tongue to my nose.
    10. I collect vintage sheet music, with my favorites being from the WWI era and earlier.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    1 im Canadian and have also lived in the US but am Scottish by infusion
    2 i was homeschooled and ive never been to a public school in my life
    3 i have worked with dogs for almost 20 years
    4 my husband works with me (for the last 5 years) and i havent tried to kill him yet.
    5 i had a horse growing up and could ride better bareback than most people could ride with a saddle... I could even ride standing up a la' circus style (wouldent try it now)
    6 i have 2 younger sisters back in the States
    7 i used to train muai thai and boxing.
    8 ive eaten beaver(the animal with the flat tail you pervs.)
    9 i met my hubby online
    10 computers hate me, ive killed (as in blow up, catch on fire, blue screen of death etc etc) 6 in the last 10 years
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    1. Never broken a bone even though I've been in two motorcycle accidents.
    2. I play fiddle in an oldtime group and sometimes we get paid so I'm a paid musician who can't actually play the fiddle.
    3. Our house is almost a pack-rat, hoarder situation.
    4. The first place I ever traveled to outside the US was Nepal. The only countries I've ever been to outside the US (not counting flight layovers) are Nepal and India.
    5. I have an A.S. degree in Geoscience Technology. I have a B.A. in Women's Studies. I'm a Web Developer.
    6. I'm one of these people who dabbles in a lot of things but never gets terribly good at any of them and I like to reinvent myself now and then.
    7. I've been with men and women and I'm with a man now. Women are too crazy to be in a relationship with.
    8. I have a parrot on one knee and another on my arm. It's really hard to type.
    9. I like to read newspapers and drink coffee on the weekend.
    10. Even though I work as a Web Developer I know barely anything about computers, I've never joined facebook, I don't have a smart phone and I can't figure out what the heck Twitter is supposed to be.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    1 Iím an English mongrel married to an American and we live in England
    2 I am passionate about dogs and currently have a black German Shepherd bitch who is 7.
    3 I work in mental health and am a nurse by trade.
    4 I recovered from a major stroke caused by an allergy to an anaesthetic
    5 I met my husband online and knew him for 3 years before we met., we got married 3 days after 9/11. He no longer worked in the WTC as he had moved to England 2 weeks before.
    6 I love to read despite being dyslexic and particularly enjoy science fiction and fantasy.
    7 I have pancreatic diabetes which isnít type 1, 1.5 or 2 but can present as any of them
    8 I have an allergy to wasp and bee stings and hate wasps with a passion but love bees
    9 I am generally a happy person but have been severely depressed a couple of times
    10 I adore cherries and will buy them no matter how expensive; my dog also adores cherries but I love her enough to share. My husband doesnít like them which is good.
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Aili is offline Senior Member
    1. I live in the forest and near water. I am spiritually connected to both and feel incomplete without them nearby.
    2. I have 2 dogs that are family members. One is 13 years old with arthritis.
    3. I am an educator and whenever I visit anywhere with readable stuff on the walls, I read it all.
    4. I love reading well written 'whodunits'. In particular, I enjoy European authors.
    5. My husband is finally (after 12 years!) creating a bathroom on the top floor. After this weekend, we won't have to go 2 floors down to a washroom.
    6. I work from a home office as a curriculum developer, full time and well treated by my employer.
    7. My siblings and I all have multiple degrees, including graduate degrees.
    8. I feel that "Indigenous Relation to Land" is the only principle that can ensure humanity does not destroy our home (getting a bit primal here
    9. My husband and sleep differently. I wake early and get up. He sleeps sometimes much later.
    10. I speak several languages.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    1. Iím of Sicilian descent.
    2. I hate bullies (whether psychological or physical) and have gotten my ass kicked a few times standing up to them.
    3. My father took me to Woodstock (the 1969 one).
    4. I stopped believing in a sentient creator in my mid-20s. I didnít admit it out loud until I was almost 30.
    5. Iím a compulsive list maker.
    6. Since the age of 18, Iíve lived in seven different states, three of them being the entire west coast.
    7. When people meet me, they think Iím gregarious, but left to my own devices, I could almost become a shut-in.
    8. I use plastic shoe boxes to keep my freezer orderly.
    9. I broke my wrist in a head-on collision sitting in the back of a UHaul moving van when I was 17.
    10. Iím a serial monogamist.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    What the hell, I'll play along

1) I also have no depth perception due to multiple retina detachments (damn lucky I can see anything)
    2) I'm adopted
    3) I was 5 days old when I was adopted and have had no desire to track down my birth parents. The couple that raised me are my mom and dad
    4) I have tinnitus that is permanent and due to a combination of sirens from when I was a paramedic, too many rock concerts and too much loud music on my headphones
    5) I still listen to heavy metal, by headphones and too loud
    6) I have done radiation monitoring in a former Soviet Union nuclear weapons test zone
    7) I miss running trauma as a paramedic, was way too much fun. Well, for me anyway, maybe not my patients
    8) I used to have a 59 Caddie hearse, all original and was fun to take to the drive in movies
    9) I love to hang out in graveyards
    10) I was goth before anyone, including myself, knew what goth was
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast