Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Say 10 random things about yourself! page 11

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yeah Cori!

Let's get back to the humping...I mean learning about other MDA peeps through 10 random things...Please?

froggie is offline Member
    1- The Red Cross won't take my blood, born and raised in France I was!
    2- I knew my son was going to be a boy though we never asked to know the sex of the baby
    3- My husband is 23 years my senior
    4- I always question my happiness, haven't quite mastered that Carpe Diem thing...
    5- My driver's license is the only test I ever failed
    6- I have a more acute sense of smell than any other person I know
    7- I plan to visit Uganda soon and check on the mission of a charity close to my heart
    8- Fortune tellers intrigue me, but I am no buying any of it!
    9- I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up
    10- My dad passed away two months ago unexpectedly and I haven't gotten used to it yet.

Adopted the Primal lifestyle on: August 9 2012.
    My sporadic journal entries are here.

Results to date: I've lost (gained?) one belt hole!

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    1. I have 5 living sisters, 6 sisters total- oldest sister died of encephalitis just weeks before I was born.
    2. I have congenital brain damage-- cerebral palsy.
    3. I started earning a wage when I was 8, picking strawberries and beans..
    4. I was a live-in babysitter, for the summer, when I was 13.
    5. I was the first, in a large extended family, to go to college and earn a degree.
    6. I frequently said as a child that I would have twins. My mother, a twin, repeatedly said, "God wouldn't do that to you because he already gave you enough to deal with-- CP.
    7. My twins will be 23 in July.
    8. My cousin was hit by a car while we walked home from the store when I was 14. We were walking shoulder to shoulder, at the time, yet I didn't feel the impact.
    9. I have been legally separated, yet not divorced, for almost 10 years.
    10. Tomi, here on MDA, and I live in the same city. Her husband has worked on boats owned by my family members.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by froggie View Post
    9- I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.
    I'm 48, and I think I'm getting close to an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by froggie View Post
    10- My dad passed away two months ago unexpectedly and I haven't gotten used to it yet.
    Mine was 10 years ago, and it still hits me some days. It does get better, though.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Annieh is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nikitakolata View Post
    Oh! I know how to make soap; I learned to do it because I wanted an all natural soap to use that didn't cost me a small fortune. There's a book called Smart Soapmaking that I got on amazon and she really makes the process foolproof and gives good tips on how to save money on supplies when you're just starting out.

Smart Soapmaking: The Simple Guide to Making Traditional Handmade Soap Quickly, Safely, and Reliably, or How to Make Luxurious Handcrafted Soaps for Family, Friends, and Yourself: Anne L. Watson: 9780938497424: Amazon.com: Books

The same author also has a book on milk soapmaking which is good as well. If you want to make soap, I say go for it! There are not a lot of start up costs and it's really not all that tough.
    Oh, thankyou Nikita. I have just made my first batch and now waiting for it to cure.

nikitakolata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Oh, thankyou Nikita. I have just made my first batch and now waiting for it to cure.
    Cool!

I've found my soaps seem better the longer they dry out. I think 3 weeks is about the minimum time they should cure. Of course, I am not a patient person so I usually cut it into bars only a few days after I make it. I have a soap cutter that is great for making the bars all uniform in thickness but I really like the wire cheese board we have more for cutting.

Have you looked at the Soap Queen blog at all? I've gotten recipes from there too. Soap Queen

I made the black and tan soap from that blog to give out at Christmas. It's great soap, except that the brownness of the beer definitely shows in the later when you use it and that is kinda annoying.

Penady is offline Senior Member
    1. I have never had a broken bone, a cavity, or stitches.
    2. I have a hitchhikers thumb...left hand.
    3. I have green eyes.
    4. I hate watermelon...even the smell of it makes me want to vomit.
    5. One of my earliest memories is about living through a tornado (I grew up in Missouri).
    6. I love the smell of gasoline, new books, and lilacs.
    7. I met my best friend when I was four years old. We had the same babysitter. We're 34 now.
    8. The last time I saw my grandmother alive, I had a premonition that that would be the last time. I said my goodbyes and told her I loved her. She died seven weeks later.
    9. I met my fiance when I moved into the apartment next to his. He help me move my sofa. It wasn't quite love at first sight, but it was pretty close.
    10. I am the youngest of four children.

Jefferson1775 is offline Senior Member
    1. I want to live in Texas for the rest of my life.
    2. My favorite song is All Along the Watchtower by The Jimi Hendrix Experience.
    3. A friend and I were once ticketed for wearing “Ron Paul 2012” shirts.
    4. My blood type is AB negative.
    5. I got an 800 on the math part of my SAT.
    6. Wasps scare the heck out of me.
    7. I deliberately take backroads home so that I can speed.
    8. I’m currently reading Les Miserables. It’s pretty good.
    9. I don’t like mechanical pencils.
    10. I like people that aren’t afraid to laugh at themselves.
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

GuitarGrok is offline Member
    1 - I play guitar (bonus points if you guessed that one)
    2 - I am an Electronics Engineering Technologist
    3 - I have decided to move to Victoria BC for lifestyle, and not career
    4 - I used to do field service work for 4.5 years with an average of 85-90 flights a year, and 60 hour weeks with being on call every 2nd weekend
    5 - I burnt out from that job, and took stress leave, that was in 2007, and Since going primal I finally feel that I am over all the symptoms of being burnt out
    6 - I used to be scared of dogs, to get over my fear my wife, and I bought a puppy looking back it is pretty funny how I was initially scared of such a cute puppy lol
    7 - I mostly listen to heavy metal!!!
    8 - I have very bright blue eyes
    9 - I stumbled upon MDA by searching for a fitness plan using P90X at a more relaxed pace because the chronic cardio killed me
    10 - I can't think of anything else, but I am sure that I will think of a lot of things after I hit the post button because that is how my mind works.

blondiegreen is offline Senior Member
    1. Met my husband online.
    2. He met my parents in person before he met me face to face.
    3. We met face to face in Korea where I was teaching at the time. He flew all the way from Canada.
    4. When I was two, my left middle finger got smashed in a patio door. The tip fell off, was sewn back on, became gangrenous and fell off, and then a whole new tip grew back!
    5. I drove school bus when I was 22 yrs old. It was even a standard transmission. Hear me roar!
    6. I was born 5 weeks early, had grand mal seizures, paralysis, apnea, allergies to everything etc, but was miraculously healed when I was 2.5yrs.
    7. The first car I bought was my Oma's 1990 Mazda 626 for $1500. Loved that car and named her Priscilla.
    8. I have a BSc in Human Ecology, a BEd and a Diploma in Theology. Basically I am a Home Ec teacher.
    9. Currently I am a stay at home mom to our three girls (6, 2.5, 7mos)
    10. Love being a Canadian! Need to visit the Maritimes some day.
    Needing some accountability, so here's my stats:
    34yrs old, 5'5"
    CW: 163lbs (07/2014)
    GW: 135lbs or less
    Eating mainly paleo, but including a bit of white rice (don't call the Paleo Police!)

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast