Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The drug addict look-alike diet? page 4

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    What is 66 if not old??? Lol! The average male life span is what, 80?

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    76!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Maybe being in the smack middle of FL gives me a different perspective on this... I get to see a LOT of old people.
    And FL attracts these more active communities of folks... so maybe I'm missing out on all the 65 yr old people who are sitting around doing nothing acting like they are 80.
    (Though my dad is exactly this age and lives in BF sticks TN, and doesn't either... very muscular and fit, works hard mentally and physically, plays hard on cross country motorcycle rides and solo multi-day kayak river paddles... not "old")

In their 60's they really aren't "old" they are still running around, doing what they want every single day.
    Going to the gym, staying active and fit... drinking, dating, golfing, dancing, karoke, having crazy key parties. You name it they get up to it.

The noticeable age and infirmities start to hit around 72-75 or so generally.
    Even then, some don't slow down much... but many do. And the die off starts in noticeably.
    Which mostly means there are lots of women and the guys left have the run of the place.
    It's really a wonderful community to watch and interact with. And I think it's nice that they can be together instead of segregated and expected to stay with their younger family members with whom they have less in common. It keeps them more active and in touch with the world.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Time is an abstract of comprehension and consciousness, so, no one is really old, because age is just one's perception. I stopped paying attention to my real age a while ago, and fight hard to keep my appearance and body looking youthful, instead of matching my age.

This is how I feel anyway(I don't wanna grow up, I'm a Toys-R-Us kid)
    nihil

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Time is an abstract of comprehension and consciousness, so, no one is really old, because age is just one's perception. I stopped paying attention to my real age a while ago, and fight hard to keep my appearance and body looking youthful, instead of matching my age.

This is how I feel anyway(I don't wanna grow up, I'm a Toys-R-Us kid)
    But there is still that continuum of time between birth and death. It is a finite thing for better or worse. The machine that you currently inhabit will, without exception, suffer total failure at some point. I only hope that I am around long enough to see the technology that will allow one to switch machines.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    But there is still that continuum of time between birth and death. It is a finite thing for better or worse. The machine that you currently inhabit will, without exception, suffer total failure at some point. I only hope that I am around long enough to see the technology that will allow one to switch machines.
    Maybe, but is there evidence for that?

“I have never seen evidence that [human bodies] contain any principle of mortality, and in recent years the suspicion that we contain all the equipment needed for perpetual renewal, given the right circumstances, is seeming to be increasingly plausible.”

I think just because we do die, and we do age, doesn't necessarily mean we have to, given that our own bodies are very capable of regenerating and healing themselves. In the right circumstances, I think immortality could certainly be possible.

Like you said, though, we just haven't reached that point of discovery yet.
    nihil

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Age make the skin less elastic and also the loss of lean tissue will invitable change the appearance of an aging rockstar somehow:

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    This is what I was going to say. Supposedly he ate one apple per day and drank a lot of black coffee + cardio.
    It was one apple or one can of tuna plus one cup of black coffee - about 55 to 260 calories a day.

jhed is offline Junior Member
    Google Christian Bale's diet for "the machinist"

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Yeah, while he kicked the hard stuff I suspect that the alcohol and smokes didn't do him any favors.
    But still... Love Iggy.
    Thanks for posting that Cori, I love Tom!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast