Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The drug addict look-alike diet? page 3

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegas76 View Post
    If you want a look like a skinny drug addict I'd say you want the Christian Bale plan: http://fitnessrevolutionrowlett.com/...-machinist.jpg
    Supposedly he ran a LOT to get ready for that role. Didn't eat much and ran a lot every day. So, there you go. Do that.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Fruitarianism in combination with lots of coffee and cigarettes, lack of sleep, running triathlon, a bottle of whiskey a day and some nasty drugs in between, would that do the work?
    Yep. Just throw in alternating steroid and laxative use before going off them entirely and you'll be done!
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Zach is offline Banned
    Cori, 66 is pretty dang old. I think Iggy looks awesome for how much shit hes done in that amount of time. I see 50 year old obese, aged, bald people all the time who are far worse looking.

Durian looks fine to me, id guess his age at around 32-35 if id never met him. Yes without a layer of fat, faces will show more age. His skin is clear and his body looks strong. Hes in way better shape then most around here whether you care to believe it or not. And no, walking around that lean year round is not detrimental for everyone. Many cultures, that is the norm. Thailand and philippines for example.
    Last edited by Zach; 05-24-2013 at 12:59 PM.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Meth is a great drug for making you look lots older, fast.

meth before and after - Google Search

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegas76 View Post
    If you want to look like Iggy then you need to rock hard for 40 years.

If you want a look like a skinny drug addict I'd say you want the Christian Bale plan: http://fitnessrevolutionrowlett.com/...-machinist.jpg
    This is what I was going to say. Supposedly he ate one apple per day and drank a lot of black coffee + cardio.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Cori, 66 is pretty dang old. I think Iggy looks awesome for how much shit hes done in that amount of time. I see 50 year old obese, aged, bald people all the time who are far worse looking.

Durian looks fine to me, id guess his age at around 32-35 if id never met him. Yes without a layer of fat, faces will show more age. His skin is clear and his body looks strong. Hes in way better shape then most around here whether you care to believe it or not. And no, walking around that lean year round is not detrimental for everyone. Many cultures, that is the norm. Thailand and philippines for example.
    But, when you look at their skin and faces, they look healthier. His eyes are sunken, he shows signs of adrenal fatigue, his skin is loose and thin...etc He went downhill very quickly after cutting down to only fruit. Whenever I watch his videos, I find myself concerned for him. He looks like he's continually physically tired and mentally hyper. He's aged before his time, too.
    Maybe he's OK as compared to some SAD people, but he looks old and unwell even for that, to me.
    I'm also worried for what may happen to him in the future. His girlfriend is an example of what happens when you eat a fruitarian diet and don't exercise enough or eat enough (a breakdown of fruit-based macros imply you'd have to eat 6000kcal/day to meet every nutritional need, she only eats 3000-4000kcal/day). Harley eats enough to meet most of his micro-nutrients, but endurance athletes aren't well known for keeping it up past 50. Some do, yes, but the norm is knee and ankle degradation (from continual overload), heart problems and loss of energy. As he gets older, he'll be less able to keep up that level of activity, meaning he'll wind up eating less, meaning he'll start suffering deficiencies and his body will finish its process of wasting away. He's still losing fat and lean muscle as we speak. He may eat a bit more protein or fat at some point and gain some, but the general trend is wastage.

And it's not out of hatred: just confusion and concern. He DOES look like a substance-abuser and, if he carries on the way he's going, he WON'T be even remotely healthy for much longer.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I'd apologize, but...

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Mark Sisson looks about 10+ years older than he is to me.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post

66 is not that old... seriously.
    The bald/haired part is irrelevant as that can occur at pretty much any age from 20 on.
    And I did attribute his aged facial appearance to living a very lean, active, outdoor(sun) filled life. Not just smoking/drinking.

And how old is DR?
    I would have put him older than me from face pics, and I'm 40.(*edit: And thus hand out with MANY 35-45yr olds)
    But that is par for the course with endurance type athletes (triathlon/iron-man folks) that I interact with here in FL.
    Last edited by cori93437; 05-24-2013 at 01:22 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Mark Sisson looks about 10+ years older than he is to me.
    When I first saw him (pre-Primal), I placed him as early forties, but was confused by the hair colour.
    Similar for deVany: he was my introduction to Paleo. I was watching the seminar for the science (the title got me interested). I assumed he was in his 50s. Shocked to find out he was 70+!

The average 50-somethings I see typically look more like this:
    _61962345_sadlerkelvin-1.jpg
    331729300-12161408.JPG
    --

--
    I'd apologize, but...

@Cori: In the first photo I posted he's 33, in the second in his mid-20s.
    He's currently 35.
    --

--
    I'd apologize, but...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast