Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The drug addict look-alike diet? page 2

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Tobacco is one of the things that will age your face most of all. But I think eating an inadequate diet is a big one, too.
    Yeah, while he kicked the hard stuff I suspect that the alcohol and smokes didn't do him any favors.
    But still... Love Iggy.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Kegas76 is offline Senior Member
    If you want to look like Iggy then you need to rock hard for 40 years.

If you want a look like a skinny drug addict I'd say you want the Christian Bale plan: http://fitnessrevolutionrowlett.com/...-machinist.jpg

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Yeah, while he kicked the hard stuff I suspect that the alcohol and smokes didn't do him any favors.
    But still... Love Iggy.
    I've drunk alcohol all my life, but my face is much younger than my years. In general I attribute facial aging to drugs, partying (late nights), bad diet, smoking, and sunlight. Alcohol may be a factor in conjunction with these, none of which I have done any of to speak of.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I've drunk alcohol all my life, but my face is much younger than my years. In general I attribute facial aging to drugs, partying (late nights), bad diet, smoking, and sunlight. Alcohol may be a factor in conjunction with these, none of which I have done any of to speak of.
    Maybe it's an amount thing.
    I know some "functional alcoholics" that don't smoke or party that have aged badly... I think it's a dehydration thing.
    Maybe it's in conjunction with diet, but they eat the same as the non-heavy drinkers around them who aren't aged as much.

You know by functional alcoholic I don't just mean 2-3 drinks a day too right? (I think that's fine.)
    ... or even a 6pk a day.
    I'm talking a 12pk every single evening... more on weekends.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    @cori: My dad is a true alcoholic. Went through stages of VERY excessive drinking (1l or vodka a day, for example), moderate drinking and no drinking. He's been very ill, very often. He was born in '59 and looks 5-10 years younger than he is. A few expression-marks that have deepened, the odd wrinkle, not fit (on too many meds for activity), but not skinny or overweight, full head of hair that's still "grizzly", rather than grey...etc My uncle, in contrast, is only a year older and looks EXACTLY his age.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Meh, maybe it's just the in the individuals that I know who are alcoholics to not age well. *shrug*
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Zach is offline Banned
    Are you guys serious? Iggy is old as hell and has a crazier life then we could dream and he still looks better then the average american. Durian Rider is the definition of lean. Yea he doesnt have a huge amount of muscle because he a long distance cycler and runner. He still walks around at like 6% bodyfat year round.

Seriously so much hating going on.

Iggy is not "old as hell"... he is 66.

And I was defending him.

If you want some young people who look beat the f*k up... look no further than the triathlete community.
    We have tons of them here in central FL... they are ultra lean, their faces all generally look a good 10 years older than they actually are. It's just a known thing... many of them will tell you themselves that what they do is not really necessarily a healthy whole body pursuit. It noticeably ages them.

As a side note... Durian Rider looks nearly as old as Iggy to me... and that is sad.
    Maintaining a body fat as low as 6% should never be a goal for someone. Dude is slowly killing himself.
    Cutting to low bodyfat like that is for short term, not for living. And it shows.
    Last edited by cori93437; 05-24-2013 at 12:36 PM.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Are you guys serious? Iggy is old as hell and has a crazier life then we could dream and he still looks better then the average american. Durian Rider is the definition of lean. Yea he doesnt have a huge amount of muscle because he a long distance cycler and runner. He still walks around at like 6% bodyfat year round.

Seriously so much hating going on.
    I agree on Iggy Pop: aged badly for how he could have (without the drugs, alcohol or party lifestyle), but still better than the average person and aged quite well for how he treated his body. Same goes for Ozzy, actually: didn't age WELL per-se, but did well for how he treated himself.
    The problem with Harley is that he's reduced himself to his basic muscle and fat and his skin and face are aging very rapidly. A healthy human needs a bit more fat (at least some of the year, if not all of it) and some more muscle. He's not truly emaciated, but not far from it and is slowly losing even more mass. His face looks like that of a drug-user, something you DON'T see in him pre-fruitarianism. When he was cooked vegan or even just raw vegan, he looked healthy and his age. Now he looks awful and definitely unhealthy.
    The man is over 1.8m and only weighs as much as I do, ffs!
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Fruitarianism in combination with lots of coffee and cigarettes, lack of sleep, running triathlon, a bottle of whiskey a day and some nasty drugs in between, would that do the work?
    Last edited by Gorbag; 05-24-2013 at 12:51 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast