Thread: A little help needed page

Asparks1214 is offline Junior Member

A little help needed

So I've been eating primal for about 3 weeks now. Haven't had any bread or grain at all really. Yesterday, i had bread for the first time. A couple of hours later, i noticed a small rash developing on my neck. This mornig i woke up and now i have a rash all over my arms, legs, and stomach. They're just small red bumps that don't itch. The only thing i can think of that has changed in my diet or daily life is the fact that i ate that bread, is it possible the gluten did this? Even though before goin primal i ate a ton of bread? Help!

paleodog is offline Senior Member
    I am not a food/medical professional but I can tell you that when I go off Paleo I have similar consequences. I will experience rashes, swelling, etc from eating foods such as grains, breads, etc that that I ate prior to Paleo. All of this just confirms my resolve to stay on Paleo.

lotusberries is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Asparks1214 View Post
    So I've been eating primal for about 3 weeks now. Haven't had any bread or grain at all really. Yesterday, i had bread for the first time. A couple of hours later, i noticed a small rash developing on my neck. This mornig i woke up and now i have a rash all over my arms, legs, and stomach. They're just small red bumps that don't itch. The only thing i can think of that has changed in my diet or daily life is the fact that i ate that bread, is it possible the gluten did this? Even though before goin primal i ate a ton of bread? Help!
    This exact same thing happens to me when I eat wheat. I've been off of it for a couple of years now, but every once in a while I will stupidly eat something and know I shouldn't. About a month ago I ate a bunch of things I shouldn't have over the course of a week (hamburger bun, ramen noodles, probably some other things I can't remember), and it took weeks for it to clear up. I still see a spot here and there, but it's nothing like it was right after I ate the crap. Initially it was all over my neck, arms, and chest, and to a lesser degree on my legs and stomach.