Thread: Appropriate caloric intake page

Castle is offline Senior Member

Appropriate caloric intake

I'm trying to determine about how many calories are appropriate for me to eat to help determine how many carbs, fat, protein, etc. I should eat. I'm a 20-year old male, 6'2" and ~160lbs, moderately active - currently Crossfit 2-3 days per week and ~30-40 minutes of biking, walking or running on other days. Besides that I'm fairly sedentary. Somedays I eat ~2000-2200 calories, with about 60-100g of carbs and varied protein and fat for the remainder, but other days I get an urge to eat more than that (which can end up leading to a lot more food before I feel full).

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Seems like you're doing alright. On crossfit days you might want to be eating a bit more than other days but you probably already know that.

You can't gain muscle without putting on at least a little bit of fat, so keep that in mind. When you've reached where you want to be strength and muscle-wise, you can go back and focus on dialing things like diet in a bit more strictly.

Mikee5 is offline Senior Member
    What is your protein and fat intake?

nburgraff is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    2000 calories seems a little low for someone who is 6'2'' and 20 years old, but if you're energy is fine then it's probably the right amount for you.